Scavanging rares as of late..

Has anyone noticed a dramatic drop in ectoplasm while salvaging rares?

I salvaged 7 items with my Mystic Salvage Kit(25%) and didn't get a single ecto, yes I know it's not as good as Black Lion Kit(50%) but I've never seen the drop rate this bad.

I'm afraid to waste anymore rares if for some reason the ecto's are bugged. There are a lot of strange bugs in GW2 that you don't see in other games due to the complexity and vastness of materials and recipes in the game, so please leave the condescending remarks out of this thread.

It has seemed fine for me the last couple days.

K..must just be a terrible case of RNG sickness.

I've resorted to either selling or TPing all of my rare drops. Ectos are down to 15s and it just doesn't seem worth it to salvage them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    I've resorted to either selling or TPing all of my rare drops. Ectos are down to 15s and it just doesn't seem worth it to salvage them anymore.
    It's a high risk low return. If the rare can be sold for at least 15s you can salvage it and have a chance to get 2 ectos back doubling your profit. At the same time you can get none making no profit.

It's worked out nicely for me.. made a few gold buying cheap gear and scavanging them.

Im pretty sure theres a thread on the forums saying not to use mystic salvage kits on rares because they're bugged.

works same as usual for me.

Deleted
    The Salvaging kits doesn't actually differ as much as one might think... Never use a crude salvage kit though... Basic salvage kit has 11% chance to give you a better quality thing, while the master salvaging kit giver you another 25% of that 11% making it into 13,75% chance. This has been discovered by salvaging 4000 items and taking together the results... I don't remember who did it, but some guys on youtube was talking about it...

So unless you are salvagin high quality items it is not worth sacrificing Master/Mystic/Black Lion salvaging kits on it...

It has seemed fine for me the last couple days.
    Last edited by adacharlot; 2012-10-12 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    The Salvaging kits doesn't actually differ as much as one might think... Never use a crude salvage kit though... Basic salvage kit has 11% chance to give you a better quality thing, while the master salvaging kit giver you another 25% of that 11% making it into 13,75% chance. This has been discovered by salvaging 4000 items and taking together the results... I don't remember who did it, but some guys on youtube was talking about it...

So unless you are salvagin high quality items it is not worth sacrificing Master/Mystic/Black Lion salvaging kits on it...
    Uhh...Thanks for the info...we're talking about Globs of Ectoplasm..as stated in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Uhh...Thanks for the info...we're talking about Globs of Ectoplasm..as stated in the OP.
    ecto = "better quality thing" he's talking about.

So.... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    What a waste of rares.. Make more money putting them in the mystic toilet.

some say there is a diminishing return to it