Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderick View Post
    I'll just leave this here...


    This is actually why I HOPE Anduin dies. If he's dead, it raises the chance that the second prince is Wrathion's brother.

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    This is actually why I HOPE Anduin dies. If he's dead, it raises the chance that the second prince is Wrathion's brother.
    That is infinitely stupider than any other vaguely-conceivable possibility.

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    That is infinitely stupider than any other vaguely-conceivable possibility.
    And you don't even bother to explain why the possibility that the son of Deathwing currently residing in Outland (who goes by the name of Sabellian, in case your outburst was due to your lack of knowledge on the subject) returning is so outrageous?
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-10-12 at 03:51 AM.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    And you don't even bother to explain why the possibility that the son of Deathwing currently residing in Outland (who goes by the name of Sabellian, in case your outburst was due to your lack of knowledge on the subject) returning is so outrageous?
    Because they're unlikely to drag a figure people barely remember who hasn't been foreshadowed at all for "Two Princes" when they have Anduin, who they've been building up.

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Because they're unlikely to drag a figure people barely remember who hasn't been foreshadowed at all for "Two Princes" when they have Anduin, who they've been building up.
    That doesn't make it a vaguely-conceivable possibility, seeing as it's already been discussed quite a bit on this forum. Of course I found it more likely that Anduin was the second prince, seeing as he plays a rather large role in Mists of Pandaria, but I'm talking about in the event where he dies. As you'd know if you bothered to read my original post.

    And it's not like Blizzard hasn't brought side characters into the spotlight before.

  6. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    That doesn't make it a vaguely-conceivable possibility, seeing as it's already been discussed quite a bit on this forum. Of course I found it more likely that Anduin was the second prince, seeing as he plays a rather large role in Mists of Pandaria, but I'm talking about in the event where he dies. As you'd know if you bothered to read my original post.

    And it's not like Blizzard hasn't brought side characters into the spotlight before.
    I did read your original post. It's Warcraft, no one stays dead.

    Yeah I agree they bring in side characters. But if we're getting Two Princes in 5.2 (since it's Chapter III), we're going to need a hell of a lot of foreshadowing to justify Saballion over Anduin. One's been significantly built up over the past year or so, the other an Outland quest giver that barely anyone will remember.

    Also, I hope it's not Saballion because more black dragonflight infighting is dull. I like the fact Wrathion's the last Black Dragon on Azeroth and isn't batshit insane. We don't need to introduce the "evil twin" trope nor more dragon politics. Cataclysm dealt with that fine.

  7. #467
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Also, I hope it's not Saballion because more black dragonflight infighting is dull. I like the fact Wrathion's the last Black Dragon on Azeroth and isn't batshit insane. We don't need to introduce the "evil twin" trope nor more dragon politics. Cataclysm dealt with that fine.
    Who says Wrathion will not turn against us?

    Blizzard says he has Azeroth's best intentions in mind.
    But whats best for Azeroth, may not be the same as whats best for the people living on Azeroth.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Who says Wrathion will not turn against us?

    Blizzard says he has Azeroth's best intentions in mind.
    But whats best for Azeroth, may not be the same as whats best for the people living on Azeroth.
    Oh, I'm not saying he's a goody two-shoes. I'm just saying he doesn't share Deathwing's psychotic worldview. I think he's certainly dangerous, and will use the mortal races to further his endgame. He's just not a "ME BREAK WORLD" kinda villain.

  9. #469
    Anduin clearly cast Spectral Guise and Garrosh was dumb enough to fall for it.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  10. #470
    Okay, okay, my wording may have been a bit harsh. I apologize. But, yeah, pretty much exactly what Matchu said. There's too much pointing at it being Anduin (think of it this way: "the Black Prince" and "the White Prince"; Anduin leading an army against the Burning Legion/Wrathion working to unit the two factions for an oncoming war with the Legion), the way he's been built up for a while now, even despite his apparent "death" here. There's absolutely nothing pointing to Sabellian, short of him simply existing.
    Last edited by rat; 2012-10-12 at 04:30 AM.

  11. #471
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,852
    I kinda would like to see Garrosh Kill him. I am tried of this no one dying thing. In war there are casualties, lets see them. I want to see real war. I feel that the horde and alliance have been stagnant. No change in real positions since BC(in AQ we actually came together, so we are more back trailing...). I want to feel real change, if we are at war, let's see it!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  12. #472
    I think Wrathion is Anduin.
    He's exactly the same height, same figure and he seems to have the same intellect as him.
    What if Onyxia did something to the child and had a dragon fill in for his spot in Stormwind back when Bolvar was reagent lord.

    Think about it, Velen had a vision with Anduin leading the army of the light, and what did the little meeting with Wrathion show? Infernal rain hitting Azeroth which means the legion is involved and that makes me certain Wrathion is Anduin.
    You may remember me from such threads as!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...18#post8213418

  13. #473
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,747
    This from the same company that said "We will not see Pandaren in WoW" after trademarking Mists of Pandaria.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    That is infinitely stupider than any other vaguely-conceivable possibility.
    We crossed that threshold as soon as the concept of Anduin being killed came up.

    If he dies, we cross into a World of Warcraft where the story is made up on the fly and the rules don't matter.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

    We crossed that threshold as soon as the concept of Anduin being killed came up.

    If he dies, we cross into a World of Warcraft where the story is made up on the fly and the rules don't matter.
    You really need to take a nap or something. Calm down.

  15. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If he dies, we cross into a World of Warcraft where the story is made up on the fly and the rules don't matter.
    Welcome to the World of Warcraft, where the plot is made up and the rules don't matter. That's right, the plot is like the characterization of the Alliance. It just doesn't matter.


  16. #476
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Welcome to the World of Warcraft, where the plot is made up and the rules don't matter. That's right, the plot is like the characterization of the Alliance. It just doesn't matter.

    I think I just fell in love...

    Anyways wow has never been in any real stability in the way they progress lore in World of Warcraft. I mean look at Garrosh, his character is a symbol of that. He has flipped more sides than Mitt...okay he has not done that much....*But at first blizzard was trying to show that he was a good leader and now they are trying to pin him as a bad mistake because people do not like him. The Horde and Alliance worked together in AQ, what happened to that? You could say we kinda say we did that in TOC but it was a farce, they still tried to kill each other.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  17. #477
    a few things about anduin's "death".

    1. Garrosh is brain-dead retarded, he could be assuming his death.
    2. Anduin is the only lore character who actually has a hearthstone.
    3. it could be from a failure state.
    4. death is literally meaningless most of the time, the bitch queen died and came back in less then a minute... after already being dead.

  18. #478
    High Overlord Naeton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kun-Lai Summit
    Posts
    121
    I hope Garrosh kills Anduin and go crazy so we can get rid of this stupid warchief.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

  19. #479
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,968
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    a few things about anduin's "death".

    1. Garrosh is brain-dead retarded, he could be assuming his death.
    2. Anduin is the only lore character who actually has a hearthstone.
    3. it could be from a failure state.
    4. death is literally meaningless most of the time, the bitch queen died and came back in less then a minute... after already being dead.
    Thats(/These) pretty much my guess(es) as well.
    The whole "at least" (not last) could be pointing at some kind of failure state.
    If the whole dialogue 1 and 2 thing turns out to be different versions for A/H I'd go with him either beeing close to death, some kind of trick magic or just getting a rezz. If they really just randomly kill him off I'm going to be pissed and I'm Horde FYI. The whole the horde always wins kind of annoys me greatly, because it makes the already retarded faction conflict even more so.

  20. #480
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,189
    Has this been overlooked or is there a thread I missed?

    Garrosh tries to have Vol'jin assassinated by the looks of things, this mission he is sent is an ambush - http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=6565
    Look at the final objective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •