Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    if anduin truly dies, then we finally got an interresting lore twister going on.

but they probally resurrect him, boring boring.

fingers crossed anduin dies and we take a route we didnt forsee!

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    if anduin truly dies, then we finally got an interresting lore twister going on.

but they probally resurrect him, boring boring.

fingers crossed anduin dies and we take a route we didnt forsee!
    Not it's not interesting it's just bad writing at that point.
    Killing off characters left and right does not make for a great story and has never been a trait of the WC story, no other story arc has had so many characters die. Even back in WC2 when the Second War was far more kill or be killed/good vs evil there was no where near as much character death, and when characters did die it served to directly influence the story eg.Anduin Lothar, we can even see this throughout WC3 eg.Uther and Grom.
    Not to mention the simple fact that Anduin's death serves no story progress that hasn't already been accomplished by Theramore. What interesting route could further death accomplish?
    While we all love the issue we again return to the abysmal treatment of Alliance characters over WoW's history and this just pours salt into the wound.

This isn't irl and it is not GoT's. Characters are developed and die for a purpose. This has none that haven't already been accomplished.

I am not a fan of him being ressed either. It makes those deaths we do see just almost meaningless if they can just be ressed like that. But at the of the day, him being ressed over him just dying is the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Not it's not interesting it's just bad writing at that point.
    Further, we already have foreshadowing from the Krasarang Wilds, where a Night Elf's daughter is killed and her father uses Mogu magics to transfer his life to her, reviving her by sacrificing himself. Chekhov's Gun and all that.

I my mind, the question isn't if Anduin will be brought back to life, it's who will make the sacrifice to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahjar View Post
    Further, we already have foreshadowing from the Krasarang Wilds, where a Night Elf's daughter is killed and her father uses Mogu magics to transfer his life to her, reviving her by sacrificing himself. Chekhov's Gun and all that.

I my mind, the question isn't if Anduin will be brought back to life, it's who will make the sacrifice to do so.
    That's only one way of ressurecting someone. Either way, it's been repeatedly established that ressurection is quite possible, if sometimes costly, on Azeroth.

The way garrosh says " atleased the puny human prince is dead" implies to me that someone else has "killed" anduin, and garrosh has merely been told that anduin is dead.

I personally think that like a troll / undead / tauren has let anduin live and told him to go, but told garrosh is dead, that would both explain the visions of him leading an army against the burning legion, and that garrosh thinks he is dead.

it would make sense if you think about it, all of the tauren respect anduin, same for the trolls sort of, none of them like garrosh, they could have just sent anduin on his way and lied to garrosh about him being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    The way garrosh says " atleased the puny human prince is dead" implies to me that someone else has "killed" anduin, and garrosh has merely been told that anduin is dead.

I personally think that like a troll / undead / tauren has let anduin live and told him to go, but told garrosh is dead, that would both explain the visions of him leading an army against the burning legion, and that garrosh thinks he is dead.

it would make sense if you think about it, all of the tauren respect anduin, same for the trolls sort of, none of them like garrosh, they could have just sent anduin on his way and lied to garrosh about him being dead.
    I think Garrosh will send us to kill Anduin and we wont do it and make him believe hes dead.
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2012-10-13 at 03:29 PM.

Anduin's death would be a +1 for both Alliance and Horde. Little traitor bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Anduin's death would be a +1 for both Alliance and Horde. Little traitor bitch.
    Under what stone has this necromancer been living?
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Under what stone has this necromancer been living?
    I know right, what the hell.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    I think Garrosh will send us to kill Anduin and we wont do it and make him believe hes dead.
    Why would a Horde character with an opportunity to kill Anduin NOT do it? Just hurts my mind.

This will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    This will happen.
    Where did you get that pic?
    Also, i think you are right about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    It's less plot armour and more common sense than anything.
    Killing off important characters in stories is always done for a reason, and that reason should always be clear and detrimental to the story as otherwise you are ruining a character that could very easily progress the story more when he was alive. What purpose does Anduin's death fulfil that hasn't already been accomplished by all the losses of Cataclysm along with Theramore? It's just pointless overkill.
    There is never too much warcrimes to justify wars going on for decades.

... seriously, this is still being spoken about as if people didn't know?.

Well since this is a spoiler thread, anduin doesn't die, he survives, and is healing as we meet with him and wrathion playing chess together.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Why would a Horde character with an opportunity to kill Anduin NOT do it? Just hurts my mind.
    Killing off one of the very few people who actually sees some good in the current Horde isn't a great idea.

Especially if said person was likely to run the Alliance into the ground if he took over from Varian.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-03-11 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Maybe because not all horde characters are generic like you assume them all to be, and some horde want the war to end, not just kill someone without honor or reason.