Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    For all the people trying to guess if Anduin lives or dies because there are 2 "Finale" clips in the video, my guesses are the following.

Finale 1 is for the alliance part, where the Alliance Player and Anduin confront Garrosh. Garrosh strikes down Anduin and sends the Player to tell this story to King Varian.

Finale 2 happens in the Horde side and you see how Garrosh kills Anduin and starts to bable about Mastering the Sha's powers.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    My guess is that someone smashes the Bell before Garrosh can fully wield it. Someone on the Horde side. Someone who knows full well what the power of the Sha can do. Someone like Nazgrim. Maybe with the help of Vol'Jin or Baine.

This of course, pisses Garrosh off and he starts throwing a temper tantrum and banishing people from Org and lashing out at the other Horde races.

And I don't think Anduin is dead. He's been built up to something like Bolvar to this point. He needs that moment of glory before fulfilling his destiny.

Edit: The Jaina soundfiles have her talking to Anduin after she's informed he died.
    The order in which the soundfiles are played are probably not following the correct order.

For all the Soundfiles I heared so far, Anduin truly dies. We will see later what happens next, but all indicates that he does die at the hands of Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post

For all the Soundfiles I heared so far, Anduin truly dies. We will see later what happens next, but all indicates that he does die at the hands of Garrosh.
    Not necesarily. Remember patch 4.2

In case you don't I'll refresh your memory. Leaked soundfiles lead everyone to believe Hamuul would die at the hands of leyara. Even when the patch was released on the PTR and everyone was stuck at the Leyara quest, we all saw with horror how she burned to a crisp everyone's favorite old cow. Hamuul's NPC very clearly shows up as "dead" and Leyara seems 100% convinced that she killed the old bull.

Turns out he was only mostly dead, and came back later to save the day.

Same thing could be happening here. We don't know the specifics of Anduin's "death". For all we know, it could be a big explosion, where everyone believes him to have died, we don't see him again for a couple of patches, only for him to return at the eleventh hour and pull a "Gandalf" on us all of the sudden.

I just don't see him just getting killed like that after all the build up he's been getting recently.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I just don't see him just getting killed like that after all the build up he's been getting recently.
    Again, why should a character get plot armor when he is being build up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Again, why should a character get plot armor when he is being build up.
    It's less plot armour and more common sense than anything.
    Killing off important characters in stories is always done for a reason, and that reason should always be clear and detrimental to the story as otherwise you are ruining a character that could very easily progress the story more when he was alive. What purpose does Anduin's death fulfil that hasn't already been accomplished by all the losses of Cataclysm along with Theramore? It's just pointless overkill.

What if Thrall Rezzed Anduin?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    It's less plot armour and more common sense than anything.
    Its definitely plot armor if child of a hated (hordeside) king can move around with minimal bodyguard and doesnt get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Isn't Anduin is supposed to lead the Army of Light against the Legion.
    Anduin is a priest.....the army of light was led by someone in gleaming ARMOR

"When Velen turned to face Anduin, he had a sudden vision of a hero in gleaming armor, leading not just the Horde and Alliance, but the dragons and naaru as well in a battle against the Burning Legion"

While technically armor could refer to the priests robes, I highly doubt it.
    It would make more sense for Turalyon to be the hero that leads the armies, being a legendary paladin and all.

Also, given the ending of WC3 and Cata with that the fate of azeroth lies in mortal hands, we can't have the august celestials roaming around for too long, or they need a power level reduction.
    My bet is that Anduin lives!

The Monkey King, mischevious as ever, knew that in order for pandaria/azeroth to survive the Sha we need to get rid of Garrosh.
    He let Anduin do what he did best, advocate for peace, knowing that both teh horde and alliance would stand behind him and that Garrosh could not allow for him to live. He knew garrosh would attempt to take his life. So the last meeting between anduin and garrosh, is fake. The Monkey King disguised as Anduin faked his death there, while the real anduin was somewhere safe (perhaps prepared for greater things) I'm telling you, the monkey king is behind this!!!!
    When later we learn that anduin isn't death, the horde will blame the alliance for instigating insubordination in the horde and after MoP horde will still dislike the alliance and vice versa, but with less War crimes in tow!
    Last edited by Vasti; 2012-10-13 at 10:49 AM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Anduin will return, or else the Draenei Pope would've seen him die in his visions. He will be between life and death and has to make a (obvious) choice. And he will defo return after Garrosh's been dealt with or next expac.

but hey, blizzard creates the lore
    Well, the problem (And bonus for a storywriter) is that prophecies only make sense after the fact :P

Anduin Wrynn leading the "army of light" might also be a metaphor for his death being the incident that in the end unites the two factions to fight the big evil (Makes the less extremist factions in the horde decide that Garrosh has to go, opening the way for the army of light to form up), either that or they do the "... was just a setback!"-routine with Anduin, or he's not really dead after all, basically we don't know anything at this point :P

Deleted
    Isn't it a bit ludicrous that the Horde does alot of bad stuff to the Alliance under Garrosh but then supposedly when Garrosh gets offed and replaced with Thrall or whomever it's all fine and dandy again? I'm all for interesting stories of loss and sacrifice but then "VICTORY" is always in blazing gold over one side and "DEFEAT" in big black letters over the other for yet another expansion it doesn't sit well with me. How many "messages" must be sent to the Alliance before the Alliance actually does something that isn't just a response to whatever the Horde does?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Isn't it a bit ludicrous that the Horde does alot of bad stuff to the Alliance under Garrosh but then supposedly when Garrosh gets offed and replaced with Thrall or whomever it's all fine and dandy again? I'm all for interesting stories of loss and sacrifice but then "VICTORY" is always in blazing gold over one side and "DEFEAT" in big black letters over the other for yet another expansion it doesn't sit well with me. How many "messages" must be sent to the Alliance before the Alliance actually does something that isn't just a response to whatever the Horde does?
    Because the horde currently is lead by a tyrant dictator, a coward and child killer, and he's so ruthless he uses all his powers and control to intimidate anyone who questions his rule, going as far to have undead and blood elf emissaries in tides of war killed by his right hand man.
    He's a murderer and a coward, but one who would kill anyone in the horde who speaks against him, so the horde has no choice but to follow along with him. This is why when you see ones like Vol'jin, Baine, Dezco and lor'themar speaking fo him, its not because of loyality, but contempt in there current situation. They don't want to be in it, but are held at gunpoint because of it, for what Garrosh will do to them otherwise.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    so Voljin shows up on Pandaria...but better yet..the puny Prince Anduin dies!
    The only thing that's puny here is that Garrosh has to kill a little kid to feel mighty, besides Anduin doesn't die, which makes Garrosh even more pathetic, as he couldn't even kill an unarmed kid.

Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    The only thing that's puny here is that Garrosh has to kill a little kid to feel mighty, besides Anduin doesn't die, which makes Garrosh even more pathetic, as he couldn't even kill an unarmed kid.
    He propably did, but forgot that there are thousand ways to ressurect someone.

Deleted
    if anduin truly dies, then we finally got an interresting lore twister going on.

but they probally resurrect him, boring boring.

fingers crossed anduin dies and we take a route we didnt forsee!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    if anduin truly dies, then we finally got an interresting lore twister going on.

but they probally resurrect him, boring boring.

fingers crossed anduin dies and we take a route we didnt forsee!
    Not it's not interesting it's just bad writing at that point.
    Killing off characters left and right does not make for a great story and has never been a trait of the WC story, no other story arc has had so many characters die. Even back in WC2 when the Second War was far more kill or be killed/good vs evil there was no where near as much character death, and when characters did die it served to directly influence the story eg.Anduin Lothar, we can even see this throughout WC3 eg.Uther and Grom.
    Not to mention the simple fact that Anduin's death serves no story progress that hasn't already been accomplished by Theramore. What interesting route could further death accomplish?
    While we all love the issue we again return to the abysmal treatment of Alliance characters over WoW's history and this just pours salt into the wound.

This isn't irl and it is not GoT's. Characters are developed and die for a purpose. This has none that haven't already been accomplished.

I am not a fan of him being ressed either. It makes those deaths we do see just almost meaningless if they can just be ressed like that. But at the of the day, him being ressed over him just dying is the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Not it's not interesting it's just bad writing at that point.
    Further, we already have foreshadowing from the Krasarang Wilds, where a Night Elf's daughter is killed and her father uses Mogu magics to transfer his life to her, reviving her by sacrificing himself. Chekhov's Gun and all that.

I my mind, the question isn't if Anduin will be brought back to life, it's who will make the sacrifice to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahjar View Post
    Further, we already have foreshadowing from the Krasarang Wilds, where a Night Elf's daughter is killed and her father uses Mogu magics to transfer his life to her, reviving her by sacrificing himself. Chekhov's Gun and all that.

I my mind, the question isn't if Anduin will be brought back to life, it's who will make the sacrifice to do so.
    That's only one way of ressurecting someone. Either way, it's been repeatedly established that ressurection is quite possible, if sometimes costly, on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way garrosh says " atleased the puny human prince is dead" implies to me that someone else has "killed" anduin, and garrosh has merely been told that anduin is dead.

I personally think that like a troll / undead / tauren has let anduin live and told him to go, but told garrosh is dead, that would both explain the visions of him leading an army against the burning legion, and that garrosh thinks he is dead.

it would make sense if you think about it, all of the tauren respect anduin, same for the trolls sort of, none of them like garrosh, they could have just sent anduin on his way and lied to garrosh about him being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    The way garrosh says " atleased the puny human prince is dead" implies to me that someone else has "killed" anduin, and garrosh has merely been told that anduin is dead.

I personally think that like a troll / undead / tauren has let anduin live and told him to go, but told garrosh is dead, that would both explain the visions of him leading an army against the burning legion, and that garrosh thinks he is dead.

it would make sense if you think about it, all of the tauren respect anduin, same for the trolls sort of, none of them like garrosh, they could have just sent anduin on his way and lied to garrosh about him being dead.
    I think Garrosh will send us to kill Anduin and we wont do it and make him believe hes dead.
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2012-10-13 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin's death would be a +1 for both Alliance and Horde. Little traitor bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Anduin's death would be a +1 for both Alliance and Horde. Little traitor bitch.
    Under what stone has this necromancer been living?