Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I reading this from the 5.1 notes correctly?

"If the target is currently affected by your Ignite, it also burns the target for additional damage equal to the damage per tick of the Ignite every 1 for 10 sec."

So...no more pyroblast dot? Isn't that a pretty big nerf? Or am I looking at this incorrectly?

Im not on the PTR, but looks like Fire and Arcane got the nerfbat.
    CoolerMaster HAF 912 | i7-2600k OC'd to 4.6 GHz | KUHLER H2O 920 | Hatchi 1TB SATA-II | 64 GB SSD SATA-II | ADATA DDR3-1600 8 GB | EVGA Superclocked - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB | Storm Inferno - Mouse | Logitech G15 V1.0 | Antec HCP-750

The nerf was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    The nerf was necessary.
    I stand corrected.. according to Lhivera, it's a "solid buff".

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3371?page=2#23

Was ignite 50% and pyro dot 33%. NOW it's ignite 100%. Ignite can be higher than the standard pyro dot if you time it right. We are back to proper timing of Combust again versus use off cooldown.
    CoolerMaster HAF 912 | i7-2600k OC'd to 4.6 GHz | KUHLER H2O 920 | Hatchi 1TB SATA-II | 64 GB SSD SATA-II | ADATA DDR3-1600 8 GB | EVGA Superclocked - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB | Storm Inferno - Mouse | Logitech G15 V1.0 | Antec HCP-750

Actually no. I saw some weird combustions that ticked lower than the current ignite on target. Now, combustion just duplicates the ignite. If it's a 30k per second ignite, then it's a 30k per second combustion.

Fire scales too well and would be overpowered in the next tier. Expect nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzor View Post
    Was ignite 50% and pyro dot 33%. NOW it's ignite 100%. Ignite can be higher than the standard pyro dot if you time it right. We are back to proper timing of Combust again versus use off cooldown.
    With the values of my guild mage i get:

Live Ignite: Combustion DPS = Ignite DPS + Pyro DPS or for ticks - 100% of an ignite tick (which ticks each second) plus 33% of a pyro tick (which ticks every 3 seconds).
    PTR Ignite: Combustion DPS = Ignite DPS or 100% of an ignite tick.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    It is not on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Nearly all =/= all

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    With the values of my guild mage i get:

Live Ignite: Combustion DPS = Ignite DPS + Pyro DPS or for ticks - 100% of an ignite tick (which ticks each second) plus 33% of a pyro tick (which ticks every 3 seconds).
    PTR Ignite: Combustion DPS = Ignite DPS or 100% of an ignite tick.
    Bolded the important bit - that's not how Ignite works on live, and consequently not how Combustion interacts with it.

Ignite ticks every 2 seconds. So if you have Ignite ticking for 10,000 every 2 seconds then that is 5,000 DPS. Currently Combustion will roll that up into its calculations as 5,000 DPS.

If the wording on the PTR is correct - equal to the damage per tick of the Ignite every 1 for 10 sec - then the new calculation will take that 10,000 tick and use that in it's calculation, ticking for 10,000 DPS.

Massive buff if it's accurate.

sounds like a buff. fire is lacking a bit behind in dps not much but still

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon View Post
    Fire scales too well and would be overpowered in the next tier. Expect nerfs.
    Well you need tier 15 gear to even be number 1 dps spec out there, futhermore we have these goddamn level 90 talents that basicly make 100% performance impossible.. so even if it scales better than most, i dont see a problem as long as fire aint topping by over 5% difference, the real problem is that arcane is not viable for heroic raiding atm, at least unless you like reforging, regemming and respeccing to fire a lot.. Sure we might get a small nerf for fire, but before we actually see anything from blizzard I wouldnt really worry abt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    sounds like a buff. fire is lacking a bit behind in dps not much but still
    They need to buff the proc rate on Arcane missiles - I've had a 25 cast no proc streak, having scorch as one of my most cast spells as arcane is getting a bit old.

Deleted
    Sweet. Frost buff

edit: PvE buff

the frost armour change was hot fixed in a couple of weeks or so ago

Deleted
    It reminds me of the ignite mechanic in DS, FL etc which was totally RNG. Get ignite = get DPS, get no ignite = get no dps. And it seems like it'll be the same again. If we have to worry again about something which is not up to us that would suck. The current mechanic is cool, you get pyros, you can even gain pyro by yourself using Heating Up. I think it's more of a nerf

And btw does that mean that mastery will be viable now?
    Last edited by mmocaf48f95cd9; 2012-10-12 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    It reminds me of the ignite mechanic in DS, FL etc which was totally RNG. Get ignite = get DPS, get no ignite = get no dps. And it seems like it'll be the same again. If we have to worry again about something which is not up to us that would suck. The current mechanic is cool, you get pyros, you can even gain pyro by yourself using Heating Up. I think it's more of a nerf

And btw does that mean that mastery will be viable now?
    They also changed the way that Ignite works, so that it's easier to maintain on the target and easier to build. Dunno about you but I've had a maximum 72K Ignite so far. Would LOVE to see a Combustion that is ticking for 72K/second for 20 seconds (with glyph). Honestly seems beyond broken.

With regards to everyone talking about Mastery: At a guess, it'll now go Crit > Haste to threshold > Mastery > More Haste. Doesn't necessarily make Mastery 'viable' as we'll still be going all-out crit.

I also don't see a nerf here My biggest ignite was above 100k *g* That was a hell of fun. I was fully raid buffed prepotting right at the start of the fight with all stuff proccing *g* I think I had like 150k dps for the first 15 seconds or so.
    Let's see how this will work out. Maybe it's already live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I also don't see a nerf here My biggest ignite was above 100k *g* That was a hell of fun. I was fully raid buffed prepotting right at the start of the fight with all stuff proccing *g* I think I had like 150k dps for the first 15 seconds or so.
    Let's see how this will work out. Maybe it's already live.
    Proof of 100K Ignite would be nice not seen anything that big yet.
    This 'fix' isn't live currently.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2012-10-12 at 10:07 AM.