Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hope it isn't just green fire because a color change really isn't all that amazing. Not to mention I'd prefer a dark purple to green. The warlock class has far more purple in its spells then green, and purple in WoW is just as much a "Warlock" color as green is. There is more to Demonology and Warlocks then Fel lets not limit our selves over something that has been hyped and glamorized for no real reason.

Not to mention if you have to pay gold to go back, do something difficult, or farm for an item it would just be silly. Because then you limit people from doing lore or playing around with something for no reason. If it is going to be a reward it should be that, it shouldn't be a life sentence. (Life Sentence being a figure of speech).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowswann View Post
    Green fire is only for destro spec , and demo , but nothing for afflic ? change the color of malefic grasp x) ?
    I believe it will change some of your skills other than fire to green as well.

Blizzard wouldn't implement something that wasn't totally epic for the whole class in general :P

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Personally I hope it isn't just green fire because a color change really isn't all that amazing. Not to mention I'd prefer a dark purple to green. The warlock class has far more purple in its spells then green, and purple in WoW is just as much a "Warlock" color as green is. There is more to Demonology and Warlocks then Fel lets not limit our selves over something that has been hyped and glamorized for no real reason.

Not to mention if you have to pay gold to go back, do something difficult, or farm for an item it would just be silly. Because then you limit people from doing lore or playing around with something for no reason. If it is going to be a reward it should be that, it shouldn't be a life sentence. (Life Sentence being a figure of speech).

Warlocks have been wanting this since Vanilla, so for those of us that have been waiting for this implementation into the game, it -will- be very epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Separates destro locks from fire mages. Plus, fel fire (green fire) would be a signature thing for locks. Would be awesome.
    I thought Incinerate's unique effect, and Chaos Bolt already did that. But, *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think there's a chance for 5.1.

Also, enjoy the fights !
    It pretty clearly says on the tooltip that the questline is continued in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    How weird would it be when those that had NPCs named after themselves meet said NPCs?
    Ask Zinnin...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

Not sure about this, it woud be a bit of status symbol so I'm not sure anyone would have the desire to go back once I got it; and I'm someone who's not a big fan of the green. Maybe if it reached a point where 'everyone' had it, then it'd probably more "symbolic" to go back - kinda the same reason I don't wear titles. I just hope the difficulty is not on a basis of Quel'dalar difficulty in terms of it being a random, rare drop and ends up just being used by auction house players' alts.

Talking purple though. The Touch of Chaos animation isn't great, it looks like what it is; a stretched out melee 'slash' effect, in other words horrible, and a bit wrong. I'd like to see this turned into purple death bolts, and I wouldn't say no to a purpling up of Soul Fires cast under Meta either. So I'll add that to my wish list of cooldown removal from Meta/Corruption cast in Meta, a visible Void Ray and some better balancing of pet damage, and improved survivability for none Void Lord/Walker minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It pretty clearly says on the tooltip that the questline is continued in 5.2.
    "A chance"

We already knew the Wrathion storyline continues in 5.2 and beyond. This 5.1 chain is not yet out and we don't know how much of the Warlock stuff fully intertwines with the Wrathion stuff.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Even if it does bring us green fire... Doubt I'll switch from Affliction to see it lol

In fact, it might empower every spell in terms of animation, including having some shadow spells looks more twilight-ish, some fire more fel and some others more void-y.

I hope they add stuff for all specs aswell.

Green or "mauve" Soulfire for Demo, More "shadowy" Malefic gasp imo its too pinky seems arcane to me

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I hope they add stuff for all specs aswell.

Malefic gasp imo its too pinky seems arcane to me
    It is twilight, it is not arcane and it is beautiful. Please do not change it

Maybe the storyline continues for all non-warlock players in 5.2, while we start heads on during 5.1
    In other words, we sack BT, discover more about Deathwing with the Harvest while other classes are trying to figure out what is the Black Harvest, which will reveal itself to all other classes in 5.2.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, green fire is big enough as it is and it took some major doing to get this far. I will be content by that alone personally.

I don't want green fire, but I'd like to do the quest. Hopefully the quest ends with an item you use to get green fire, if it's forced on us at completion I wont be able to finish it.

lets at least hope there IS a reward and not get trolled and wait for 5.2

if they give us green fire on 5.1 and the quest continues through the patches I'm fine with it