Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I see nothing wrong with BM burst in its current state, class is meant to be bursty, stampede needs to be fixed to actually be 25% if thats how it is to be intended, but thats basically it, its already suffered a nerf in the form of a 25% nerf to Rabid. PVP is balanced around Arena and BGs right? Excluding duels completely, BM hunters are easily countered in arena and can rarely ever take down any class too quickly provided their opponent is slightly skilled and ready for what's coming. From my experience bm burst is on Par with warriors and demonology locks.

    I think overall people are seeing way too many BM hunters just pressing one button in duels to win, without considering their real presence in arena and rated bgs.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkwix View Post
    I see nothing wrong with BM burst in its current state, class is meant to be bursty, stampede needs to be fixed to actually be 25% if thats how it is to be intended, but thats basically it, its already suffered a nerf in the form of a 25% nerf to Rabid. PVP is balanced around Arena and BGs right? Excluding duels completely, BM hunters are easily countered in arena and can rarely ever take down any class too quickly provided their opponent is slightly skilled and ready for what's coming. From my experience bm burst is on Par with warriors and demonology locks.

    I think overall people are seeing way too many BM hunters just pressing one button in duels to win, without considering their real presence in arena and rated bgs.
    Quoted for truth. ITT: Lots of butthurt pirates with no idea how to counter stampede
    "Moral reason must learn how to make coercion its ally without running the risk of a Pyrrhic victory in which the ally exploits and negates the triumph."

  3. #23
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    not sure
    Posts
    2,084
    BM hunter is just fine, it's a l2p issue

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 07:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    The zoo burst is way off the rails. Then again, so is warrior cooldown stacking, chaos bolt, frost bomb, etc. Anyway, needs a nerf badly.
    What about rogues burst? DKs Burst? Priest survival? Mate, listening to you everyone need nerfs. Why not just nerf the whole game?
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  4. #24
    Bm hunters burst is only due to popping cds off the start, pretty easy to avoid tbh then a bm hunter with exception to cc is worthless for the next 3-5 minutes. If you're dying to bm burst you are bad plain and simple. Now if you're allowing the other team to get you to use def cds before the hunter pops stampede and such then you just got out played. No nerfing needed. Currently imo I think they should leave all classes alone, feels to me like this is the MOST balanced I've seen in a long time, maybe even ever.

  5. #25
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    not sure
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by chop0080 View Post
    Bm hunters burst is only due to popping cds off the start, pretty easy to avoid tbh then a bm hunter with exception to cc is worthless for the next 3-5 minutes. If you're dying to bm burst you are bad plain and simple. Now if you're allowing the other team to get you to use def cds before the hunter pops stampede and such then you just got out played. No nerfing needed. Currently imo I think they should leave all classes alone, feels to me like this is the MOST balanced I've seen in a long time, maybe even ever.
    I wouldn't say no need for nerf, a nerf is needed but not a overall nerf, but more into the the burst. Give hunters some tweaks. Of course rushing jumping popping shit and when a hunter gets you is your fault. But guess who does that? Casual players sitting at 1300 rating, complaining LFR is too hard. Haha
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Not sure if serious? You don't remember the old Beast Cleave teams? Warrior + Hunter has been around for a long goddamn time.
    That it has been along for a long time does not make them fine in their current state.
    Last edited by rashen; 2012-10-12 at 10:36 AM.

  7. #27
    Thats so sooo disgustingly funny. Do not talk about balance if you know shit. Hunter needs tweaking, hard! All classes needs tweaking. I could list broken stuff of every class/spec. Balance wise MoP is complete rubbish.

    But the worst part of MoP is not even Class-Balance its rather Skill-Balance, just like Cata. You can potentially play horribly and still win, and on the other hand you can play perfectly and still lose. The idea to be better than your opponent and win is almost non-existent (dont get me wrong, the better player will have a better w/l ratio, but only to some extent). The difference between a good and a bad player is almost as low as in cata. There isnt a big difference between a 2k rated player and a 2,3k rated player. The actions you take in 1min are soooo limited (amount of globals), the quality of our decisions are sooooo low. We dont have to look about certain stuff anymore (just like cata), the simplifying of the game progresses. Just look at what some classes had to do in Wotlk/TBC, mainly Warriors and Mages (Stance dance/debuffing/timings, change from offensiv to deffensive) Someone could asume that everyone who takes the game seriously now have some problems regarding addiction (friends could be another on though). Or be mentally handicapped if you think this game is "good" pvp wise (not even talking about class-balance *lol*).

    Naaah, that was rather pointless.

    cya

    P.S. Ooooo, and dont let me start about arena meta game

  8. #28
    As a BM hunter, we ARE going to get nerfed.

    hopefully alongside a few other classes as well.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    BM hunters will get nerfed eventually. The whole design of BM hunters is stupid. Having pets dealing more than 20% of a class' damage in pvp shouldn't really be an option, nevermind 70%.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2012-10-12 at 09:44 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Is Blizzard serious? BM Hunters need the nerfbat. Hard.

    Seems like they are just ignoring this one. Their damage is out of control, their self-healing is out of control. Yet the one change for hunters comes as a buff to MM (which I'm perfectly fine with).

    Will Blizzard keep letting the mongoloids currently running with the overpowered BM Hunter keep doing so? Sure seems like it...

    Thoughts? Are they really going to ignore this glaringly imbalanced bull**** and ruin the entire first season or what (similar to leaving warriors extremely OP for season 9 then nerfing them into oblivion)? I'm not saying they need to go the route of warriors and be nerfed beyond viability. But they need to be reigned in. Period.

    And before this even derails into a discussion about whether BMs need nerfs or not, they do. That part is undeniable.

    The question is, where are the BM nerfs?
    Dat's racist.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    BM hunters will get nerfed eventually. The whole design of BM hunters is stupid. Having pets dealing more than 20% of a class' damage in pvp shouldn't really be an option, nevermind 70%.
    In a pet orientated class' pet orientated spec, the pet should do no damage then? That makes sense. As BM, the pet should be doing 30~50% of the damage.

  12. #32
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by michelf View Post
    suck it the hell up!!!!! hunters have been teeribad in arena for season after season. Now we are having our revenge. and blizz prob wont nerf bm hunters cos of this (theoretical yes but as we know they are usually pretty close to actual) http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/theoretical-dps http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps
    coz playing world of theorycraft and "revenge" (what a stupid reason) are such great ways to balance a game
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  13. #33
    The Patient ritsunero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    240
    Hunters spirit mend is now working as intended it was broken last week where we were recieving full spirit mends instead of 25% for each pet in stampede now you get 1 full spirit mend and 4 25% spirit mends ,also it last for 20 sec and is on a 5 min cooldown that is not reset by readiness.Bestial wrath only frees the main pet not the stampede pets so you can fear them or root them as well ,is burst a little op sure but so is the majority of the other classes,i hope pve doesnt take a big hit because of pvp,as it ussaly does as is you need that burst to keep your dps up untill your cooldowns come back off cooldown. Now back to pvp while hunters are op they can be countered pretty easy in fact ,to me it sound like from classes that have been op for close to 3 years now :O qq i cant gib a hunter any more ima go cry on forums untill i can again ,do we need a nerf maybe but we need compinsation with substained damage so we arnt hitting like wet noodles for the next 5 min while we wait for every thing to come off cooldown.At low rating and against people with no resil hunters are strong but with full gear and full resil pvp power that comes from the gear the burst becomes a factor of are you sitting there bent over a chair asking for a spankin or are you gonna grab the belt and choke that mofo ... simple as that

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ritsunero View Post
    Hunters spirit mend is now working as intended it was broken last week where we were recieving full spirit mends instead of 25% for each pet in stampede now you get 1 full spirit mend and 4 25% spirit mends ,also it last for 20 sec and is on a 5 min cooldown that is not reset by readiness.Bestial wrath only frees the main pet not the stampede pets so you can fear them or root them as well ,is burst a little op sure but so is the majority of the other classes,i hope pve doesnt take a big hit because of pvp,as it ussaly does as is you need that burst to keep your dps up untill your cooldowns come back off cooldown. Now back to pvp while hunters are op they can be countered pretty easy in fact ,to me it sound like from classes that have been op for close to 3 years now :O qq i cant gib a hunter any more ima go cry on forums untill i can again ,do we need a nerf maybe but we need compinsation with substained damage so we arnt hitting like wet noodles for the next 5 min while we wait for every thing to come off cooldown.At low rating and against people with no resil hunters are strong but with full gear and full resil pvp power that comes from the gear the burst becomes a factor of are you sitting there bent over a chair asking for a spankin or are you gonna grab the belt and choke that mofo ... simple as that
    Pets are ignoring resiliance atm so it doesnt matter

  15. #35
    The Patient ritsunero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    240
    the pets ignoring resil is a myth atm i haven't seen any post about it act being real so atm untill there is a post proving it we have no idea if its act true and if there is a post please post it

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Pets are ignoring resiliance atm so it doesnt matter
    So, realistically, it's not a nerf we need, since once resilience is applied to Stampede, our once every 5 minute burst will take a nose-dive, as much as it is a fix to bring our main source of damage in line with everything else.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    In a pet orientated class' pet orientated spec, the pet should do no damage then? That makes sense. As BM, the pet should be doing 30~50% of the damage.
    It's completely fine that a pet offers burst from a build-up of the player rotation (look at unholy DKs) or CC (Gnaw or felguard stun). But since pets are in general hard to control, Blizzard will usually design pet classes a CC breaker ability or imunity with a relatively short cooldown whereas players in comparison are using preemptive abilities (anti magic shell, fade, cloak of shadows, fear ward, interrupts/silences).
    It's a bit of a stupid design having a pet deal the main part of a class' damage. In PvP you usually don't have the CC tools to both control the pet and the player, nevermind the fact that pets are basically unkitable and un-ccable.
    I don't know what was wrong with for example how demonology warlocks are working (or how BM hunters worked beforehand). The pet deals a lot of damage, but the main damage comes from the player. The pet however should be a vital part of the players rotation however, but not because of its high damage, but instead the pressence and attacks of the pet buffs the player.

  18. #38
    Oh the classic " my class is not op, clearly l2p issue"
    I dont know but why 90% 2 v 2 teams and 3 v 3 teams have at least one bm hunter in them? Ppl suddenly forgot how to play against hunter? dont think so
    Hopefully its just the pets ignoring resilience. Then it wont affect our pve damage

  19. #39
    The Patient ritsunero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    240
    lynx rush ,under the effect of class racials ,like blood fury ,and other buffs like bestial wrath ,does alot of damage as well same with kill command stacking cooldowns is litterly the differnce between a 60 k kill command and a 100k+ all 4 pets equal the same damage as 1 full strenth pet needs to be rem to all these things are player activated abilities which account for alot of the pets dam this does not however include pet auto abilities like claw bite and ect ,either way bm is the mastery of beast it should be at leas 50% pet damage

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Oh the classic " my class is not op, clearly l2p issue"
    I dont know but why 90% 2 v 2 teams and 3 v 3 teams have at least one bm hunter in them? Ppl suddenly forgot how to play against hunter? dont think so
    Hopefully its just the pets ignoring resilience. Then it wont affect our pve damage
    same way last season ,dk,mage,rogue were in nearly every team its not just about the l2p issue or its our time to shine that people keep,it does however feel good to be able to do what classes like the 3 ive mentioned have done for nearly 3 years now

  20. #40
    and the bm is partially not that high...you just have to counter a short burst in pvp...there is no nerf needed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •