Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Herald of the Titans Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    For PvP purposes, burst really should go down, but sustained damage MUST to go up. Bringing burst down and not bringing sustained up would have a seriously detrimental effect on PvE. Hunters start off a fight at the top of the meters as BM, but then generally peter down to middle of the pack, especially when the execute phase rolls around. Lowering that opening burst and doing nothing to sustained (therefor bringing sustained damage actually down) would do nothing but make hunters compete with tanks for single-target dps.
    EXACTLY what I've been trying to tell everyone. You can't just throw out nerfs like crazy. Nerfing one ability or aspect of a spec will inevitably affect the entire spec. If you nerf our burst, then our sustained will certainly go down, and while we don't really need a buff, we certainly don't need a nerf.

  2. #82
    Simple fix - just remove Stampede from Arenas... its hilarious right now.

  3. #83
    Does looking at the blue posts make anyone else laugh? "Any plans on buffing hunter dps?!?!?!" "Q: When will ret get a dps buff? A: Ret is competitive right now."

    It frightens me that PvE numbers are so incredibly different from PvP numbers, more so than ever right now. I mean, if PvE hunters are complaining, priests are getting buffed, and paladins / rogues are "competitive" then I don't see how PvP can ever be balanced this expansion without a complete redesign of certain specs.

  4. #84
    i just streamed some beastcleave. lol bm hunters are so retarded. we exhibited 0 skill and collected our points, while trading points with other teams with hunters. stupid game.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    ATC was due to PVE gear, DBW and heavy arp gear combined with natural prot warrior survivability meant they could go near 100% arp and still not die instantly.

    Look at the other very obvious overpowered comp during s8: TSG, shadowmourne much?

    s9 kfc oneshot was all warrior. Hotfixed almost immediately
    blizzcon was just one team outplaying the other, those koreans outclassed everyone in the tournament, player skill was the determinant factor not team composition.
    s10 jungle was inferior version of kittycleave and fmp. And in the case of jungle it was the feral carrying the hunter.
    There was no triple dps in s10 as far as im aware
    s11 was hunter's only real half decent season and that was all due to pve gear
    Going by the logic that "seasons your class was OP due to PVE gear shouldn't count", buff rogues to where hunters are at with burst.. S11 shouldn't be held against them.

  6. #86
    It's tough to say what they could do, I don't believe they are topping all that much in raids so they can't just do that, or at least i'm not seeing them dominating world of logs. Probably a nerf to how many cooldowns they can use at once? Though I really really hate that type of nerf.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    i just streamed some beastcleave. lol bm hunters are so retarded. we exhibited 0 skill and collected our points, while trading points with other teams with hunters. stupid game.
    What rating? I saw arena matches where they handled bm hunters pretty easily, and was it 2s or 3s?
    Last edited by mmines; 2012-10-15 at 04:14 AM.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    ATC was due to PVE gear, DBW and heavy arp gear combined with natural prot warrior survivability meant they could go near 100% arp and still not die instantly.

    Look at the other very obvious overpowered comp during s8: TSG, shadowmourne much?

    s9 kfc oneshot was all warrior. Hotfixed almost immediately
    blizzcon was just one team outplaying the other, those koreans outclassed everyone in the tournament, player skill was the determinant factor not team composition.
    s10 jungle was inferior version of kittycleave and fmp. And in the case of jungle it was the feral carrying the hunter.
    There was no triple dps in s10 as far as im aware
    s11 was hunter's only real half decent season and that was all due to pve gear
    1. Hunters aren't decent. They're broken fucking overpowered. So are 8/11 other classes though. I'm saying as a person who transferred mains to hunter without being savvy to this info.

    2. Hunters have been a top tier rank 1 viable class since s5 without fail. Yes, that includes s9 even after warriors got gutted.

    3. Hunters ever seeming "bad" was because of the massive overhaul in the resource system and players being forced to catch up.

    4. Going by number 3, the best of the best players showed the class to be top tier from the very start of cataclysm but representation remained low due to mediocre/bad players not being able to keep up.

    5. S8 was one of the most balanced seasons this game has every seen. Ease of access to pve gear made it so that everyone had it. Every single class had at least 2 rank 1 viable specs to pick from. Every class and the largest range of compositions ever were present in gladiator range.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-10-15 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    5. S8 was one of the most balanced seasons this game has every seen. Ease of access to pve gear made it so that everyone had it. Every single class had at least 2 rank 1 viable specs to pick from. Every class and the largest range of compositions ever were present in gladiator range.
    midd s6 till midd s7 was clearly the best balanced season so far. ATC and LSD were quiete strong, but overall the class repp was waaaay better than in s8. If you dont believe me, log on Arena Tournament Realm, theres a reason they go with this patch (3.3.5.). In terms of Balance, s8 was still waaaay better than any BS followed in next seasons.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I knew this kind of QQ would come. Blizzard made an insanely hard to master class 100 times easier, now everyone is being destroyed by all the hunters who were forced to play well in Cataclysm. This isn't just a numbers problem, this is a player skill problem that everyone has to put up with. Sure a poorly skilled hunter can play the class well and kill people right now, but the people who were top notch in Cataclysm are now causing some serious chaos now that Blizzard opened up the stables and gave us free reign to shoot how and where we want.

    Nerf hunters, fine. You'll never be able to nerf the player though. You will still be beaten, and you will still cry. It's the reason mages are thought of as OP all the time. They're easy to play, easy to master. Nothing Blizzard can do about it.
    Everyone and their mom is rerolling hunter. I'd bet approximately half of the hunters rerolled because it's fotm. This in no way is a skill problem. It's a balance problem.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnaea View Post
    midd s6 till midd s7 was clearly the best balanced season so far. ATC and LSD were quiete strong, but overall the class repp was waaaay better than in s8. If you dont believe me, log on Arena Tournament Realm, theres a reason they go with this patch (3.3.5.). In terms of Balance, s8 was still waaaay better than any BS followed in next seasons.
    3.3.5 = late s8, although it's modified on atr

    Definitely best server for arena, I quit live and just play there nowadays.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Miju View Post
    not sure if serious......
    "go practice to fight a bm" ROFL.....
    Ya, because there arent tons of Warriors everywhere or mage/caster teams globaling people either. lets face the facts at least without any bias for a moment...there are a lot of serious problems with arena currently. BM Hunters are just one of the many issues right now.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    3.3.5 = late s8, although it's modified on atr

    Definitely best server for arena, I quit live and just play there nowadays.
    rly ? thought it was mid s7, something learned

    Edit: jup, best arena experience of the last years
    Last edited by Agnaea; 2012-10-15 at 06:01 PM.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Displaysia View Post
    Does looking at the blue posts make anyone else laugh? "Any plans on buffing hunter dps?!?!?!" "Q: When will ret get a dps buff? A: Ret is competitive right now."

    It frightens me that PvE numbers are so incredibly different from PvP numbers, more so than ever right now. I mean, if PvE hunters are complaining, priests are getting buffed, and paladins / rogues are "competitive" then I don't see how PvP can ever be balanced this expansion without a complete redesign of certain specs.
    It's easy. Shift some damage from burst to steady dps.

  14. #94
    hxxp://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=222079

    As u can clearly see from here Bm hunters aren't op and u require a highskill to outplay ur opponent...
    It's just a 2vs2 arena so it doesn't matter that much... though some1 might get a little idea about how hard u have to work to close 1 match within 10secs...

    Sure a poorly skilled hunter can play the class well and kill people right now, but the people who were top notch in Cataclysm are now causing some serious chaos now that Blizzard opened up the stables and gave us free reign to shoot how and where we want.
    That's the point since all those wannabeglad from cata are now gettin an eaiser time due to their high skill cap...
    Last edited by frengo123; 2012-10-15 at 11:39 PM.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by michelf View Post
    suck it the hell up!!!!! hunters have been teeribad in arena for season after season. Now we are having our revenge. and blizz prob wont nerf bm hunters cos of this (theoretical yes but as we know they are usually pretty close to actual) http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/theoretical-dps http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps
    2 seasons ago PHDK. Wrath Beastcleave. TBC warlock/bm. Please shut the fuck up and get above 1550 before talking about pvp.

  16. #96
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,598
    Wow hunters have 1 broken ability.. join the fucking club eh? Anyone met mages / warlocks / warriors yet, apparently not. I bet if it was a mage ability the outcry wouldnt be nearly as high. Hunters are still one of the hardest if not the hardest class to master in arena, I dont even bother trying on my hunter because I know I wont be good enough to get a high rating.

    Just be patiant and wait for Blizzard to fix it instead of expelling copius amounts of bitching.

  17. #97
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I knew this kind of QQ would come. Blizzard made an insanely hard to master class 100 times easier, now everyone is being destroyed by all the hunters who were forced to play well in Cataclysm. This isn't just a numbers problem, this is a player skill problem that everyone has to put up with. Sure a poorly skilled hunter can play the class well and kill people right now, but the people who were top notch in Cataclysm are now causing some serious chaos now that Blizzard opened up the stables and gave us free reign to shoot how and where we want.

    Nerf hunters, fine. You'll never be able to nerf the player though. You will still be beaten, and you will still cry. It's the reason mages are thought of as OP all the time. They're easy to play, easy to master. Nothing Blizzard can do about it.
    How naive can you possibly be?

    Quote Originally Posted by frengo123 View Post
    Best class guide ever

  18. #98
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    How naive can you possibly be?



    Best class guide ever
    Can I direct your first sentence right back at your second one.

  19. #99
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Can I direct your first sentence right back at your second one.
    Don't know if you're stupid or if you are simply unable to comprehend sarcasm.

  20. #100
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,343
    theres however a lot more things broken in this season than just bm hunters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •