Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    High Overlord Faerwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    126
    How does this at all differ from older seasons, which had an extreme over-representation of rogues, mages, warlocks, yadda yadda. They are already nerfing our stampede heal, and nerfing Rabid(which is what screws everyone in arena, or well part of it, Rabid Comboed up with Lynx Rush = Dead Target.) Lowering our damage is acceptable, but the last thing we need is to eat a nerf bat and lose our first viable position in Arenas in years. All through Cata, hunter were underrepresented, weak, and had utility that other classes could match with greater ease. And to the guy who has never heard of Warrior + Hunter comps...lolwut?

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerwen View Post
    How does this at all differ from older seasons, which had an extreme over-representation of rogues, mages, warlocks, yadda yadda. They are already nerfing our stampede heal, and nerfing Rabid(which is what screws everyone in arena, or well part of it, Rabid Comboed up with Lynx Rush = Dead Target.) Lowering our damage is acceptable, but the last thing we need is to eat a nerf bat and lose our first viable position in Arenas in years. All through Cata, hunter were underrepresented, weak, and had utility that other classes could match with greater ease. And to the guy who has never heard of Warrior + Hunter comps...lolwut?
    Its ok if hunters are strong. But this is not the way they are supposed to be strong. A no brainer cd pop is not the way to win arenas and you are a lamer if you are enjoying it. Mages warlocks and rogues were really strong yes, but until season 11 none of them were pumping out this much damage.

  3. #123
    we fought double BM disc priest today in 3s, as LSDv2. We went 1-3 against them, but we actually won a match by outskilling them by a mile. They were horrid, and I mean really horrid. But, they didn't even need skill they just double pop CDs and someone dies.

    Combine that with a disc priest CCing the entire team while they pop CDs, and its pretty easy to win.

    I have to say though, my current view is that warriors are far more broken than hunters.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    2 piece was basically the light and day for hunters in pvp.

    Again, tosan is not an average player. Him preferring pvp gear over 2 set is specific to his comp and what teams he's likely to face.

    ayume had legendary legendaries, not the welfare epics.
    1 of his rogues had legendaries, the other one was full pvp, we did just as well with the full pvp geared one (in fact almost all of our losses were him dying to other rogues, so we lost less often when he had full pvp gear because he was harder to kill, believe it or not).

    Secondly, there was no pve gear on the TR, and rogues were weaker on there in general, and we still qualified with 2nd place.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosan View Post
    1 of his rogues had legendaries, the other one was full pvp, we did just as well with the full pvp geared one (in fact almost all of our losses were him dying to other rogues, so we lost less often when he had full pvp gear because he was harder to kill, believe it or not).

    Secondly, there was no pve gear on the TR, and rogues were weaker on there in general, and we still qualified with 2nd place.
    i find it hard to believe the first post you ever make on these forums would be this.

    Somethings screams fake to me.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i find it hard to believe the first post you ever make on these forums would be this.

    Somethings screams fake to me.
    Eh I've never gotten into the habit of posting on these forums, I'm more of an AJ/Skill-Capped forum regular. Someone linked me this and I decided to post. Although I do appreciate that you would assume it's a fake, I'd rather people be skeptical than assume everyone with this name is actually me......I've had plenty of idiots go around impersonating me in game and making me look like a derp ass retard ;P

    It's really me though, you can send me a message on my youtube channel and ask if you really care to confirm ;P

  7. #127
    Update: We have just discovered a bug in which the debuff that makes Stampede pets weaker than normal pets was not being applied in Arenas. This helps explain why hunters could cause so much damage in Arenas but not in (say) the outdoor world or a dungeon environment.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/770...PvP-10_31_2012

    anyone remember Illana going out of his/her way trying to explain everyone and their mother that bm was not totally out of control? she even made a video hitting someone with her hunter trying to explain that dmg was reasonable. after that she probably qued for arena, oneshotted someone and attributed it to her 'skill'. so glad its proven otherwise now.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    BM hunters will get nerfed eventually. The whole design of BM hunters is stupid. Having pets dealing more than 20% of a class' damage in pvp shouldn't really be an option, nevermind 70%.
    Oh, I'm sorry, can no whiners in this thread actually put 2 and 2 together? Its called BEAST mastery for a reason. A.K.A, your a MASTER to your BEASTS, therefore the BEASTS do most of the damage. I really do not understand why people find this so damn hard to understand. Thats the whole point in speccing in BM..

    And If people actually took the time to ready threads properly rather than minimising wow during arena and coming to vent your frustration on here, Stampede is being nerfed.. That is about the ONLY powerful CD right now. I actually find it rather amusing that people think that hunters are the most OP class in the game right now. I guess you have not come up against a warlock that casts Chaos bolt at you, or a mage who have been faceroll OP since forever. I take it no one has come across classes that are specced and geared as DPS, yet can heal themselves as much as a healer.

    I'm sorry but this is utter rubbish, hunters deserve to be slightly above other classes in Arena right now, seeing as they got smacked so hard with the nerfbat in Cata. People OBVIOUSLY think that mages are balanced, why not, they can only practically one shot you.

    And besides, if people cannot figure out a way to protect themselves from the Cd's that they pop to begin with, you need to practice some more. or kill their pet.. you know.. the thing that does the damage?

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I really just have to laugh when I see all these hunters defending their class. I really, really mean that. I mean, I'm upset that they're so OP, but it's just so funny to see them desperately cling onto their bullshit.

    I really should have made a thread whining about how Paladins needed to constantly have their Seals one-shot people after that night in Cataclysm. Learn to play, scrubs!
    Coming from a paladin by the look of it.. BUBBLE, HEAL FULL LOL. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot you would be doing the same. And as for the scrub comment, the only scrubs on this thread are the people whining. you need to learn to play if you can't protect yourself from hunters burst, after all you are a paladin.. cough..bubble..

  9. #129
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Elianne View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, can no whiners in this thread actually put 2 and 2 together? Its called BEAST mastery for a reason. A.K.A, your a MASTER to your BEASTS, therefore the BEASTS do most of the damage. I really do not understand why people find this so damn hard to understand. Thats the whole point in speccing in BM..

    And If people actually took the time to ready threads properly rather than minimising wow during arena and coming to vent your frustration on here, Stampede is being nerfed.. That is about the ONLY powerful CD right now. I actually find it rather amusing that people think that hunters are the most OP class in the game right now. I guess you have not come up against a warlock that casts Chaos bolt at you, or a mage who have been faceroll OP since forever. I take it no one has come across classes that are specced and geared as DPS, yet can heal themselves as much as a healer.

    I'm sorry but this is utter rubbish, hunters deserve to be slightly above other classes in Arena right now, seeing as they got smacked so hard with the nerfbat in Cata. People OBVIOUSLY think that mages are balanced, why not, they can only practically one shot you.

    And besides, if people cannot figure out a way to protect themselves from the Cd's that they pop to begin with, you need to practice some more. or kill their pet.. you know.. the thing that does the damage?

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:14 PM ----------



    Coming from a paladin by the look of it.. BUBBLE, HEAL FULL LOL. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot you would be doing the same. And as for the scrub comment, the only scrubs on this thread are the people whining. you need to learn to play if you can't protect yourself from hunters burst, after all you are a paladin.. cough..bubble..
    I hope you realise how stupid you look. "But hunters were crap in Cata, we deserve to overpowered". "Lol, just protect yourself against warrior and hunter cds, np". Nevermind the fact that stampede has been bugged all the time and hunters and warriors have been worse than season 5 DKs in this season.
    I you are complaining about chaos bolt, bubble and stating that mages are able to one shot then you must really have fun at 1200 rating.

  10. #130
    by the logic here its ok for rogues to be almost op the last season when they always so terribad in the start of every expansion, tho everyone only renembers how op rogue was, not the start when their dmg are so lousy outside cd, that even prot and healers do more dps.

    bm and war will get slight nerfs, stampede will no longer ignore ress, other classes will scale a bit up, things gets more even later, hopefully rogues gets their revenge as usual beeing very strong in the last season. tho i wonder if it happens this time, rogues are outdated, and wont get anything fun untill the next expansion.
    Last edited by Nosferato; 2012-10-31 at 11:13 PM.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Mages could never solo entire teams.

    "Mages could never solo entire teams" Bump for truth!!!

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by RetGimpkingdom View Post
    "Mages could never solo entire teams" Bump for truth!!!
    i'm pretty sure when mirror images spammed non-DRing sheep mages could solo teams.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/770...PvP-10_31_2012

    anyone remember Illana going out of his/her way trying to explain everyone and their mother that bm was not totally out of control? she even made a video hitting someone with her hunter trying to explain that dmg was reasonable. after that she probably qued for arena, oneshotted someone and attributed it to her 'skill'. so glad its proven otherwise now.
    If anything, it proves both sides were right. If you notice at the end of what GC says, the damage isn't an issue outside of PvP zones, which is what Illana's video showed if I'm remembering correctly.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by RetGimpkingdom View Post
    "Mages could never solo entire teams" Bump for truth!!!

    u obviously never watch pvp videos or watch skilled mages play

    Orangemarmalade - one of the classic and best mages ever used to win 2v1s pretty easy

    but why do mages need to solo a entire team when they can just blow u away in 1 deep or 1 blanket cs

    BM has strong burst but there are SO many ways u can screw it up ... if you just stand there and whine about it then more free kills plz kk thxs bai

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    u obviously never watch pvp videos or watch skilled mages play

    Orangemarmalade - one of the classic and best mages ever used to win 2v1s pretty easy

    but why do mages need to solo a entire team when they can just blow u away in 1 deep or 1 blanket cs

    BM has strong burst but there are SO many ways u can screw it up ... if you just stand there and whine about it then more free kills plz kk thxs bai
    the video you're referring to with OrangeM wasnt really a 2 v 1, it was him killing the mage because the priest already thought the win was banked, and then 8 mins of him not able to kill to the priest. game ended in a draw and his team won on damage. that happened once in a tournament setting [that video] and orange never released any videos of himself playing live at all.. so wtf are you talking about?

    thats not to say mages cant 1v2.. they can... but its not happening against respectable players at decent levels.

    so many ways to screw up what? watch the 1 button BM hunter pvp video.. looks crazy hard yea? :/. it's the same sh*t all around.. not hard to get good dmg out of either class.

    edit - heres your vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duX4QpVaAQ
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-11-01 at 07:53 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  16. #136
    Update: We have just discovered a bug in which the debuff that makes Stampede pets weaker than normal pets was not being applied in Arenas. This helps explain why hunters could cause so much damage in Arenas but not in (say) the outdoor world or a dungeon environment.
    This is what GC said in his blog

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    This is what GC said in his blog
    i saw that too.. inc all hunters camping teams over 2400.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  18. #138
    Hunters are pretty good right now. But stampede here is a little overstated its not a win win situation unless your opponent is a total idiot who just stands there and takes it. Warriors on the other hand are easier to play. Use a warrior to 'lock down' your opponent and then go use hunter stampede on him.

    On their own i dont think hunters are that good but 2-3 does help if you have sustained burst. I think people are worried that hunters will be over nerfed like in the past.
    Last edited by Tegg; 2012-11-01 at 10:39 PM.

  19. #139
    Banned Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,166
    If Arena stampede damage is really just a bug, which I believe since I never seem to get globalled in bgs or duels, then I wonder if hunters even need the nerf. Outside of Stampede I dont see them being any worse then Mages locks warriors shadow priests feral druids.

  20. #140
    If stampede was really bugging on arena like they said, and it also ignored resilience. Then i think its very fair to give the cc immunity back to the pets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •