Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    BM hunters will get nerfed eventually. The whole design of BM hunters is stupid. Having pets dealing more than 20% of a class' damage in pvp shouldn't really be an option, nevermind 70%.
    Oh, I'm sorry, can no whiners in this thread actually put 2 and 2 together? Its called BEAST mastery for a reason. A.K.A, your a MASTER to your BEASTS, therefore the BEASTS do most of the damage. I really do not understand why people find this so damn hard to understand. Thats the whole point in speccing in BM..

And If people actually took the time to ready threads properly rather than minimising wow during arena and coming to vent your frustration on here, Stampede is being nerfed.. That is about the ONLY powerful CD right now. I actually find it rather amusing that people think that hunters are the most OP class in the game right now. I guess you have not come up against a warlock that casts Chaos bolt at you, or a mage who have been faceroll OP since forever. I take it no one has come across classes that are specced and geared as DPS, yet can heal themselves as much as a healer.

I'm sorry but this is utter rubbish, hunters deserve to be slightly above other classes in Arena right now, seeing as they got smacked so hard with the nerfbat in Cata. People OBVIOUSLY think that mages are balanced, why not, they can only practically one shot you.

And besides, if people cannot figure out a way to protect themselves from the Cd's that they pop to begin with, you need to practice some more. or kill their pet.. you know.. the thing that does the damage?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I really just have to laugh when I see all these hunters defending their class. I really, really mean that. I mean, I'm upset that they're so OP, but it's just so funny to see them desperately cling onto their bullshit.

I really should have made a thread whining about how Paladins needed to constantly have their Seals one-shot people after that night in Cataclysm. Learn to play, scrubs!
    Coming from a paladin by the look of it.. BUBBLE, HEAL FULL LOL. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot you would be doing the same. And as for the scrub comment, the only scrubs on this thread are the people whining. you need to learn to play if you can't protect yourself from hunters burst, after all you are a paladin.. cough..bubble..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elianne View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, can no whiners in this thread actually put 2 and 2 together? Its called BEAST mastery for a reason. A.K.A, your a MASTER to your BEASTS, therefore the BEASTS do most of the damage. I really do not understand why people find this so damn hard to understand. Thats the whole point in speccing in BM..

And If people actually took the time to ready threads properly rather than minimising wow during arena and coming to vent your frustration on here, Stampede is being nerfed.. That is about the ONLY powerful CD right now. I actually find it rather amusing that people think that hunters are the most OP class in the game right now. I guess you have not come up against a warlock that casts Chaos bolt at you, or a mage who have been faceroll OP since forever. I take it no one has come across classes that are specced and geared as DPS, yet can heal themselves as much as a healer.

I'm sorry but this is utter rubbish, hunters deserve to be slightly above other classes in Arena right now, seeing as they got smacked so hard with the nerfbat in Cata. People OBVIOUSLY think that mages are balanced, why not, they can only practically one shot you.

And besides, if people cannot figure out a way to protect themselves from the Cd's that they pop to begin with, you need to practice some more. or kill their pet.. you know.. the thing that does the damage?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:14 PM ----------

Coming from a paladin by the look of it.. BUBBLE, HEAL FULL LOL. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot you would be doing the same. And as for the scrub comment, the only scrubs on this thread are the people whining. you need to learn to play if you can't protect yourself from hunters burst, after all you are a paladin.. cough..bubble..
    I hope you realise how stupid you look. "But hunters were crap in Cata, we deserve to overpowered". "Lol, just protect yourself against warrior and hunter cds, np". Nevermind the fact that stampede has been bugged all the time and hunters and warriors have been worse than season 5 DKs in this season.
    I you are complaining about chaos bolt, bubble and stating that mages are able to one shot then you must really have fun at 1200 rating.

by the logic here its ok for rogues to be almost op the last season when they always so terribad in the start of every expansion, tho everyone only renembers how op rogue was, not the start when their dmg are so lousy outside cd, that even prot and healers do more dps.

bm and war will get slight nerfs, stampede will no longer ignore ress, other classes will scale a bit up, things gets more even later, hopefully rogues gets their revenge as usual beeing very strong in the last season. tho i wonder if it happens this time, rogues are outdated, and wont get anything fun untill the next expansion.
    Last edited by Nosferato; 2012-10-31 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Mages could never solo entire teams.

"Mages could never solo entire teams" Bump for truth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RetGimpkingdom View Post
    i'm pretty sure when mirror images spammed non-DRing sheep mages could solo teams.

Quote Originally Posted by gbtg View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/770...PvP-10_31_2012

anyone remember Illana going out of his/her way trying to explain everyone and their mother that bm was not totally out of control? she even made a video hitting someone with her hunter trying to explain that dmg was reasonable. after that she probably qued for arena, oneshotted someone and attributed it to her 'skill'. so glad its proven otherwise now.
    If anything, it proves both sides were right. If you notice at the end of what GC says, the damage isn't an issue outside of PvP zones, which is what Illana's video showed if I'm remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RetGimpkingdom View Post

u obviously never watch pvp videos or watch skilled mages play

Orangemarmalade - one of the classic and best mages ever used to win 2v1s pretty easy

but why do mages need to solo a entire team when they can just blow u away in 1 deep or 1 blanket cs

BM has strong burst but there are SO many ways u can screw it up ... if you just stand there and whine about it then more free kills plz kk thxs bai

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    u obviously never watch pvp videos or watch skilled mages play

Orangemarmalade - one of the classic and best mages ever used to win 2v1s pretty easy

but why do mages need to solo a entire team when they can just blow u away in 1 deep or 1 blanket cs

BM has strong burst but there are SO many ways u can screw it up ... if you just stand there and whine about it then more free kills plz kk thxs bai
    the video you're referring to with OrangeM wasnt really a 2 v 1, it was him killing the mage because the priest already thought the win was banked, and then 8 mins of him not able to kill to the priest. game ended in a draw and his team won on damage. that happened once in a tournament setting [that video] and orange never released any videos of himself playing live at all.. so wtf are you talking about?

thats not to say mages cant 1v2.. they can... but its not happening against respectable players at decent levels.

so many ways to screw up what? watch the 1 button BM hunter pvp video.. looks crazy hard yea? :/. it's the same sh*t all around.. not hard to get good dmg out of either class.

edit - heres your vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duX4QpVaAQ
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-11-01 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    Update: We have just discovered a bug in which the debuff that makes Stampede pets weaker than normal pets was not being applied in Arenas. This helps explain why hunters could cause so much damage in Arenas but not in (say) the outdoor world or a dungeon environment.
    This is what GC said in his blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    This is what GC said in his blog
    i saw that too.. inc all hunters camping teams over 2400.

Deleted
    Hunters are pretty good right now. But stampede here is a little overstated its not a win win situation unless your opponent is a total idiot who just stands there and takes it. Warriors on the other hand are easier to play. Use a warrior to 'lock down' your opponent and then go use hunter stampede on him.

On their own i dont think hunters are that good but 2-3 does help if you have sustained burst. I think people are worried that hunters will be over nerfed like in the past.
    Last edited by mmoc839c7d7be3; 2012-11-01 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Arena stampede damage is really just a bug, which I believe since I never seem to get globalled in bgs or duels, then I wonder if hunters even need the nerf. Outside of Stampede I dont see them being any worse then Mages locks warriors shadow priests feral druids.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    If stampede was really bugging on arena like they said, and it also ignored resilience. Then i think its very fair to give the cc immunity back to the pets.

If your letting a warlock hit you with chaos bolt your playing wrong plenty of time to los, silence , interrupt, self cds anything i still laugh at people that let me free cast one.

Stampede has been hotfixed, and it's not like BM hunters do any damage outside of it anyway. Lets compare it to a frost mage or warrior, who don't need to wait 5mins for some overpowered damage, as they have much better sustained.

So now that everyone knows the game-breaking Stampede that happens every 5mins is over for the most part, it's good to see that blizzard are now turning their attention to other classes. For example, lets say warriors, as they can also stack CDs, perhaps not as well as BM hunters can 'deliver' it in some cases, but it's definitely a legit problem for them and all of us, when you see their burst too.

Again, many people will argue it's not as bad, but it is, and it happens a lot more often as there's no waiting around for it to happen, since they have better pressure.

Deleted
    Gone marks, still play sick, come @ me brothers.

Deleted
    Looking much better now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Stampede has been hotfixed, and it's not like BM hunters do any damage outside of it anyway. Lets compare it to a frost mage or warrior, who don't need to wait 5mins for some overpowered damage, as they have much better sustained.

So now that everyone knows the game-breaking Stampede that happens every 5mins is over for the most part, it's good to see that blizzard are now turning their attention to other classes. For example, lets say warriors, as they can also stack CDs, perhaps not as well as BM hunters can 'deliver' it in some cases, but it's definitely a legit problem for them and all of us, when you see their burst too.

Again, many people will argue it's not as bad, but it is, and it happens a lot more often as there's no waiting around for it to happen, since they have better pressure.
    Warrior burst with CD stacking is perfectly fine. What ISN'T fine is taste for blood. That shit's more broken than pre-fix stampede. For some reason Blizzard is refusing to nerf it though. Also I definitely agree that hunters across the board need sustained damage buffs. I mean come on, isn't it obvious when they're already lagging in PvE?

Also the 5.1 changes will still not allow MM/SV to compete with BM. The specs are missing out on way too much burst in comparison (aimed shot hits like a wet noodle in PvP even after the buffs on the PTR) as well as the beastial wrath trinket as well as intimidation and the spirit beast heals. The gap between the specs in PvP is insane right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Dont know where people get this idea. BM hunters sustained is good, since they have 100% uptime on their target being a 40 yrd melee and all, and because the have a trinket+dps cd on a 1 FREAKIN MINUTE CD.

In a 4 minute time period a hunter can blow stampede once, beastial wrath 5 times, and rapid fire 3 times. How can their sustained not be fine when they can have strong dps cds up more often than not.
    Warrior can blow recklessness once, avatar twice.

I dont know how people keep claiming BM sustained is bad, play a 10 minute game against a good KFC and I almost guarantee you the hunter will out-damage the warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Dont know where people get this idea. BM hunters sustained is good, since they have 100% uptime on their target being a 40 yrd melee and all, and because the have a trinket+dps cd on a 1 FREAKIN MINUTE CD.

In a 4 minute time period a hunter can blow stampede once, beastial wrath 5 times, and rapid fire 3 times. How can their sustained not be fine when they can have strong dps cds up more often than not.
    Warrior can blow recklessness once, avatar twice.

I dont know how people keep claiming BM sustained is bad, play a 10 minute game against a good KFC and I almost guarantee you the hunter will out-damage the warrior.
    You are comparing burst to sustained, try raiding. BM hunters aren't that bad in a pve environment but they are no where near top, mid to low at best. SV does ok in pve but again its mid to low at best and sucks at pvp. MM just sucks in general.