Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    If your letting a warlock hit you with chaos bolt your playing wrong plenty of time to los, silence , interrupt, self cds anything i still laugh at people that let me free cast one.

Stampede has been hotfixed, and it's not like BM hunters do any damage outside of it anyway. Lets compare it to a frost mage or warrior, who don't need to wait 5mins for some overpowered damage, as they have much better sustained.

So now that everyone knows the game-breaking Stampede that happens every 5mins is over for the most part, it's good to see that blizzard are now turning their attention to other classes. For example, lets say warriors, as they can also stack CDs, perhaps not as well as BM hunters can 'deliver' it in some cases, but it's definitely a legit problem for them and all of us, when you see their burst too.

Again, many people will argue it's not as bad, but it is, and it happens a lot more often as there's no waiting around for it to happen, since they have better pressure.

Looking much better now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Stampede has been hotfixed, and it's not like BM hunters do any damage outside of it anyway. Lets compare it to a frost mage or warrior, who don't need to wait 5mins for some overpowered damage, as they have much better sustained.

So now that everyone knows the game-breaking Stampede that happens every 5mins is over for the most part, it's good to see that blizzard are now turning their attention to other classes. For example, lets say warriors, as they can also stack CDs, perhaps not as well as BM hunters can 'deliver' it in some cases, but it's definitely a legit problem for them and all of us, when you see their burst too.

Again, many people will argue it's not as bad, but it is, and it happens a lot more often as there's no waiting around for it to happen, since they have better pressure.
    Warrior burst with CD stacking is perfectly fine. What ISN'T fine is taste for blood. That shit's more broken than pre-fix stampede. For some reason Blizzard is refusing to nerf it though. Also I definitely agree that hunters across the board need sustained damage buffs. I mean come on, isn't it obvious when they're already lagging in PvE?

Also the 5.1 changes will still not allow MM/SV to compete with BM. The specs are missing out on way too much burst in comparison (aimed shot hits like a wet noodle in PvP even after the buffs on the PTR) as well as the beastial wrath trinket as well as intimidation and the spirit beast heals. The gap between the specs in PvP is insane right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Dont know where people get this idea. BM hunters sustained is good, since they have 100% uptime on their target being a 40 yrd melee and all, and because the have a trinket+dps cd on a 1 FREAKIN MINUTE CD.

In a 4 minute time period a hunter can blow stampede once, beastial wrath 5 times, and rapid fire 3 times. How can their sustained not be fine when they can have strong dps cds up more often than not.
    Warrior can blow recklessness once, avatar twice.

I dont know how people keep claiming BM sustained is bad, play a 10 minute game against a good KFC and I almost guarantee you the hunter will out-damage the warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Dont know where people get this idea. BM hunters sustained is good, since they have 100% uptime on their target being a 40 yrd melee and all, and because the have a trinket+dps cd on a 1 FREAKIN MINUTE CD.

In a 4 minute time period a hunter can blow stampede once, beastial wrath 5 times, and rapid fire 3 times. How can their sustained not be fine when they can have strong dps cds up more often than not.
    Warrior can blow recklessness once, avatar twice.

I dont know how people keep claiming BM sustained is bad, play a 10 minute game against a good KFC and I almost guarantee you the hunter will out-damage the warrior.
    You are comparing burst to sustained, try raiding. BM hunters aren't that bad in a pve environment but they are no where near top, mid to low at best. SV does ok in pve but again its mid to low at best and sucks at pvp. MM just sucks in general.

Ive played a BM/MM hunter since the kick off of BC. I can flat out tell you that BM is currently brutally overpowered. Lynx strike is way to powerful, and well the pets not being able to be cced is just, wow. I also thinking they maybe going a bit overboard with MM buffs so far, specifically the aimed shot glyph and careful aim buff, they scare me. I don't want my beautiful MM spec to get the nerf hammer after getting buffed

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdiskspace View Post
    If your letting a warlock hit you with chaos bolt your playing wrong plenty of time to los, silence , interrupt, self cds anything i still laugh at people that let me free cast one.
    Considering every class has like 2 or more interrupts or stuns now im surprised warlocks get to cast at all outside of fear.

Stampede got hotfixed recently and although BM is still the best hunter spec (in my and many excellent hunters I know opinion) it's not anywhere near (as) broken anymore. I don't see much point in leaving this open when there's hardly anything "current" to discuss.