Question about 5.1

Were any of those changes actual nerfs for DKs or just tool tip changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Otora View Post
    Were any of those changes actual nerfs for DKs or just tool tip changes?
    besides SR- looks like a bunch of nerfs to me.

SR is a tooltip change also. It's been 5s since MoP went live.

Deleted
    yea its great...
    besides blood boil we get nerfed...

Deleted
    At high vengeance levels the blood boil-change is a nerf too cause they lowered the AP-scaling.

nerf across the boards, which is funny because I don't see many heroic raiding guilds stacking blood DKs as tanks, granted maybe I just didn't look around enough

guess the game is balanced around 5 man LFDs after all ^^
    oh well, no nerfs to survivability, just dmg, should be okay

The blood boil nerf went in over three weeks ago. It's just a tooltip change. Unfortunately it hits unholy as well as blood.

The Death Strike nerf is another tooltip change that went in several weeks ago, and is only in effect for Frost and unholy DKs, primarily so frost wouldn't use it over Obliterate in PvP. Blood's death strike is buffed back up to pre-nerf values via a hidden passive.

I believe the heart strike and rune strike nerfs are new, although I do recall something about heart strike being nerfed at the same time that death strike was heavily buffed back in beta, and that might not have made it into the tooltip. GC did say that blood was the highest DPS tank, so I would expect some movement downwards.

Everything that has been datamined are tooltip updates. I don't recall the rune strike change, but the heart strike, death strike, blood boil changes were done before MOP went live. Rune strike was probably done way back as well.
    Last edited by hyperionx; 2012-10-12 at 01:38 AM.
    The more of my behavior you accept, the less you will have to forgive.

This Death Siphon nerf... I can't even believe it. The spell is trash, so they improve the baseline damage by 50% and then nerf the AP scaling? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by fyske View Post
    This Death Siphon nerf... I can't even believe it. The spell is trash, so they improve the baseline damage by 50% and then nerf the AP scaling? Really?
    Although you needed rediculous amounts of AP; at a certain breakpoint Death Siphon becomes stronger than Scourge Strike for Unholy DK's. That's probably why they nerfed the AP scaling, so it didn't get to out-damage SS and heal the DK on top of it too.

Same goes for Blood, although I haven't seen any math for that. 2x Death Siphon if your Death Strike won't heal you above the minimum is probably better than 1 x Death Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Although you needed rediculous amounts of AP; at a certain breakpoint Death Siphon becomes stronger than Scourge Strike for Unholy DK's. That's probably why they nerfed the AP scaling, so it didn't get to out-damage SS and heal the DK on top of it too.

Same goes for Blood, although I haven't seen any math for that. 2x Death Siphon if your Death Strike won't heal you above the minimum is probably better than 1 x Death Strike.
    One must consider the Blood Shield, too. Raid buffed I have 140%-ish Mastery.

What I find really funny is yes blizzard said our dps is higher then other tanks but they would not lower our damage but increase the other tanks... Guess they forgot they said that when they brought the nerfs to the DK tanks
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    What I find really funny is yes blizzard said our dps is higher then other tanks but they would not lower our damage but increase the other tanks... Guess they forgot they said that when they brought the nerfs to the DK tanks
    DKs were nerfed before they said that. As Greg Street tweeted, these are all tool-tip updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    DKs were nerfed before they said that. As Greg Street tweeted, these are all tool-tip updates.
    oh I thought that was a jist post... well then no worries then. Content is still a joke and can already solo the beginning instances...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    The balancing changes in the datamined patch notes were just balancing for PvP. When I can solo defend a node from 3 dps while killing them off as blood, the spec is a bit OP. Our damage needed a swift hit from the nerf bat. Sucks I know, but do you really want me punishing your alt's ruthlessly?

No survivability nerfs is the most important thing to take away. We are still in a great place for PvP, no matter your spec

I'm of the opinion that Frost is the OP spec that hasn't been discovered yet, enjoy it while it lasts in PvP guys!

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    I'd bet it was for PvP balancing. When I can top damage meters in bg's with diseases, blood boil, and roiling blood as blood, shit's messed up. Also, they said they would keep an eye on us. They never guaranteed we wouldn't see nerfs.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Blizzard doesn't give a shit about PvP balancing right now, not with Hunters and Warlocks instagibbing, Mages still being mages, and healers still near-unkillable. All these changes are PvE related.

Let's just hope they make 2h frost fun to play because the way it is now it's just boring. All the stuff we hade in cata that they removed made it feel so lacking....
    Desecration, Chillbains (must-have talent now), Hungering Cold etc.

I'm so jelous on warriors now. They got sooo much fun, i know they're OP right now but what they can do now is so much more compared to us. We have the most boring talents of any class (expect lvl 90 ones) and all we got while levling was Soul Reaper which is useless for frost in pvp. We're reallying way too much on Obliterate right now. The spec feels like a 1-button spec. In cata we used HB, Obliterate AND FS as our main-damage sources, but now it's JUST Obliterate!

WTB Obliterate NERFS and Frost Strike BUFF without having to DW!!!
    And some fun talents. Plague leach is a joke, seriusly, put on diseases just to take them off again... Rolling Blood is a joke, it's just a pestilence replacer that "removes "the ability to spam blood biuol because if you do your diseases won't get time to tic.

Chillbains is too vital for frost, it's like we don't have a choice in that tier. Death Simphon and Conversion lacks compared to Death Pact.

Frost isn't unique any more. What we used to have which was unique now is either removed or available for all specs. And Obliterate... Please remove it or rework it. I feel like a cata noob that spammed HB now, just i'm spamming Obliterate now while FS and HB sucks as 2h.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperionx View Post
    Everything that has been datamined are tooltip updates. I don't recall the rune strike change, but the heart strike, death strike, blood boil changes were done before MOP went live. Rune strike was probably done way back as well.
    Yeah, from what GC posted, they probably nerfed rune strike, didn't tell anyone, didn't update the tooltip, and we all missed it.

You guys referring to the old spell changes on the front page?

Greg Street @Ghostcrawler
    "Nearly all data-mined 5.1 class changes are old hotfixes that everyone already has. We haven't made many new 5.1 class changes yet."
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...80514020626432
    Top 100.