Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ele PvE on meters

Where do you stand?

That's not a great representation, since Simcraft even admits that their Helter Skelter model isn't even that hot. Raidbots has a sample out now, but it's still limited due to raids only really being available for 1 week.

Our guild is 6/6N right now, and depending on assignment and fight duration, I'm pulling 60-91k on kills. Top 3 for most fights (10-man), with Spriest and Boomkin typically the ones beating me.

Deleted
    My guild is 2/6 (would be more but Spiritbinder is so overtuned on 10 man). I was 3rd on Stone Guard (beaten by Mage and Prot Warrior - had two adds on him the entire fight) and was second on Feng (again beaten by Mage). I'm really happy with my numbers so far. 100% Competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    My guild is 2/6 (would be more but Spiritbinder is so overtuned on 10 man). I was 3rd on Stone Guard (beaten by Mage and Prot Warrior - had two adds on him the entire fight) and was second on Feng (again beaten by Mage). I'm really happy with my numbers so far. 100% Competitive.
    I assume HC? I reckon you said your guild aimed for top 100?
    Last edited by mmoc12dbb41d8a; 2012-10-13 at 02:12 AM.

Performing well in my guild atm, got a few ranks, relatively happy with where Elemental is, but as always I wouldn't be surprised if a few nerfs came our way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Going over Noxxic's ele info it's not all what I would call correct info. If it's basing our dps in a fight where there are immunities and target switching with a sub optimal spec for such a fight, then the chart is sub optimal. Therefor it could be assumed that other classes/specs could also be sub optimal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    I assume HC? I reckon you said your guild aimed for top 100?
    Yeah HC, and not till second tier of Mists whilst we solidify our raid roster.

I'm seeing top 4 generally in our 25 man. We were a week behind in progression and are 6/6 normal this week. I have no complaints so far, My lowest fight dps wise was Will of the Emperor.

Ele PvE is very good at the moment actually, very very good, might even be a little too good, so enjoy it while you can, i know i will.

I personally think we are doing quite well atm, our utility is great, our dps is quite competitive. I've just been running EoE/EB on pretty much every fight, with Unleashed/Flame Shock and rotating between Fire Ele and Telluric, I use Fire Ele on every fight(normal modes atm) other then Stone Guards on which I do Telluric.
    I cant post links but my logs are under After Hours on Stormrage US, my shamans name is Skooby, my dps breakdown of the bosses was:

Stone Guards 77163, died at about 20% at which time i was holding 87-90k.
    Feng 71352.
    Gara 74673, which includes spirit realm which was not taken into account on logs so im quite a bit lower on those.
    Kings 73622.
    Elegon 129311, could have been higher accidentally wasted 10 seconds of an ascendance on Ele going immune during the pylon phase.
    Will 63786, probably could have been higher was spending a lot of time trying to control Strengths/Rages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. I just hit 90 yesterday and spent all day farming Heroics for gear. I ALMOST managed to get good enough gear to queue for Raid Finder, missed it by 1 point(Gear score is 459, need 460) and I can happily say that from the moment I hit Heroics, mind you I was still wearing a bunch of greens and Cata gear, I was consistently number one in DPS by a large margin. By the end of the night, after having won a fair amount of Heroic Blues, I was typically hovering between 42k and 51k DPS depending on the fight.

Granted, 5 man Heroics are not the same as 10/25 man raids, but it did give me hope for when the real raiding starts. I can't WAIT to see what my numbers look like once I get some gear on this Shaman!!
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Well. I just hit 90 yesterday and spent all day farming Heroics for gear. I ALMOST managed to get good enough gear to queue for Raid Finder, missed it by 1 point(Gear score is 459, need 460) and I can happily say that from the moment I hit Heroics, mind you I was still wearing a bunch of greens and Cata gear, I was consistently number one in DPS by a large margin.
    Eles have really strong cooldowns and initial burst and you carry around bloodlust and stormlash to make the fights even shorter. So of course you're going to be topping meters in heroic dungeons. Raids are an entirely different matter and elemental shamans seem to be average or a bit below average there.

Deleted
    With ilvl 463, I'm pulling 30 to 50k on the meters normally, the latter if procs are kind. 60-70k with Ascendance. Is there something I'm missing here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    With ilvl 463, I'm pulling 30 to 50k on the meters normally, the latter if procs are kind. 60-70k with Ascendance. Is there something I'm missing here?
    Been wondering the same.

ilvl465 here, and I don't see those 60-90k numbers ever. In 10man I'm often top3 on meters, but I never see that high numbers like some people keep talking about here.

Deleted
    Can't really give you advice without Logs to see your performance beyond read the Elemental Guide and try to perfect your rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm easily passing 110k if I pop Ascendance, and usually maintaining closer to 50-60k on single target fights, myself. And I'm making mistakes I shouldn't be, at that; I can do better than I am and I know it.

Hi there,
    I have been reading this thread and I start to have serious doubt conerning the real capacity of the Shaman elem. I can't link you my charac cause I haven't posted enough message yet but please get a look at it here:
    Anyway you could find it at : Eu french server /*Garona / Ybale
    As you can see I am full heroic stuff, it might not be the BIS but I enchanted and gemmed everything according your guide and for the reforging, crit->haste only. For the talent, Echo + EB and Glyph flame shock the others doesn't matter for this test.
    I would like you to make a typical routine try on a mono world boss punching bag. With only shaman buff, no food, no flask. No BL allowed
    1st try for 2 minutes: Open with a burst phase without BL. What's your final damage total? For me around 5 520 000. (average of 5 tests)
    2nd try for 2 minutes: Routine rotation with no racial spell, no stormlash, no trinket, no ascendance, no totem.*3 840 000. (average of 5 tests)
    If you have any remarks on my charac do not hesitate to tell me.
    Thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bursting in 25-man around 110-150k dps, this is starting, Elemental Mastery - Flame Shock - Elemental Blast - Trinket PoP - Ascendence - Lava Burst Spam (in this part my DM faire trinket always pops even earlier sometimes)

After the burst 60k-80k single target

bnet: Adimaru #2805