View Poll Results: Would you like GW2 more if it was upto lvl50 but had raids?

Voters
302. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

137 45.36%
  • No

165 54.64%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Why? Because I see too many people on this forum complain about the game being too easy and have yet to complete the dungeons.

There are Dungeon Masters in the game, it's not an impossible feat but you won't get it by waltzing in and doing a WoW rotation.
    No, you'll complete them by waltzing in and kiting around for a while, staring at your own butt while the camera acts goofy, and then flipping tables when you run into one of the many awfully tuned, bugged, or horribly designed encounters that aren't even hard, just broken.

And if you don't like the way dungeons are designed in GW2, what makes you think you'll like the raids any better?

Really, give it a rest.
    Give what a rest? Maybe saying, "No raids, lolol" a million times to the guy that's said, "I don't expect, nor am I asking for there to be, raids in this game."

Yeah. Give THAT a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No, you'll complete them by waltzing in and kiting around for a while, staring at your own butt while the camera acts goofy, and then flipping tables when you run into one of the many awfully tuned, bugged, or horribly designed encounters that aren't even hard, just broken.
    Do it then. I dare you.
    If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place.
    ~Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

Do it then. I dare you.
    Yes yes, let me just fast forward to the part where I say no, and you say because I can't, and I say no again, and you say something meant to be funny about how you were right all along, and I sit here with a blank stare and you smugly go on posting about how your precious Dungeon Master title is so hard and Bovinity fails because he didn't do it.

There, I just saved both of us some time and a lot of keystrokes.

Aren't all the dungeons relatively the same difficulty overall?

Think I need a couple from that Norn one [nobody runs it], a COE path and that one with robots left. So like 5 paths or whatever. I may be wrong but isn't that Dungeon Master title in GW2 just for doing all the paths + story mode?

So it's not really anything special you'd have to do so much as run them all. Which are all basically the same...

I am not sure what the achievement or asking for it would prove exactly. It's like saying "show me your 100%!", all you'd have to do is simply go everywhere on the map. No extra effort is involved.

It's not like Ultimate Dungeon Hero, Conqueror or Yogg-0. All which involve unusual tactics or assembly.

Not much of an achievement chaser in GW2. But am not aware there is anything that needs to be done but complete each path for that DM title.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-18 at 09:38 PM.

Dunno why you're always harping on that title. Terribly sorry that I - any many others, by the sound of it - don't want to subject myself to any more of the buggy, shoddily designed messes that pass for instanced content in this game.
    you should really ask for your money back. Because we have to subject ourselves to shoddy messy posts that attempt to pass for constructive feedback from you. You're obviously very upset about the game, and it effects you to the point you need to spam the forum with negative posts. Perhaps you should step away with anything GW2 related and go play something you enjoy. There must be some game you like.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

I'll admit firstly that I read the first page of posts and this page but that's all, so if this has been said then my bad.

I raided in WoW for years, loved it, but it changed enough to not be desirable anymore. With that my guild tried star wars but that didn't last long. I don't game much anymore but I did pick up GW2. I actually had a lot of fun up until about level 30. I have a 50 guardian but that's as far as I've gotten.

I love dungeons, and I love the little trap room and puzzles inside of them that GW2 has. The one big problem for me is the inability to dedicate tank or heal. If there were endgame raids then they'd have to fix that. I became fustrated in dungeons so first I decked myself out in Toughness, health and power gear/tallents to try to tank but there is no way that I found to hold threat. So instead I switched to heals, mostly using a staff and using my epic heal spellbook power as often as needed but still, it was moot.

Unless I missed something or something's changed in the last month, I don't see how raids are even possible without healers and tanks.

Terribly sorry that I - any many others, by the sound of it - don't want to subject myself to any more of the buggy, shoddily designed messes that pass for instanced content in this game.
    I guess I'm playing a different GW2 than you, so... seeya.

We get it, you don't like the game. Why are you here again?

The thing is, you are complaining for no reason other than to complain. You are not trying to make the game better. Almost every post is a dig at something. Perhaps you are just playing devils advocate, I don't know, but I can tell you this, I stopped playing WOW and you won't find me hanging around in the WOW sub forums slamming the game every chance I get. I have moved on, perhaps you need to do the same. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion but what you are doing makes absolutely no sense to a normal person. It's almost like you want to see GW2 fail.

Of course GW2 has flaws, so does WOW and any other software application or game. Some of what you call flaws are design decisions but regardless, if we want bug free code, the cost will go up significantly. Just look at NASA (http://www.slideshare.net/Siddhi/intro-to-agile). They have had something like 15 defects over the last 11 versions of their space shuttle code. The cost of every line of code is estimated at $850. The point is, yes, they could have thrown a ton more developers at GW2 but the game would have cost $250 per copy. That would be a waste because no one would buy it. Games will have bugs, it's how they deal with those bugs that matters and I don't think they are doing a particularly terrible job at the moment. Some DE's are bugged (I have seen about 5 so far at level 62) and the level of difficulty is not always right. Those will get better over time. These things take some time to sort out. I don't think it's perfect and would like to see some things changed but I would also rather they focus on fixing the bugs first and then make design or mechanic changes. I would also like to see some of the bigger events requiring a more organised team to kill perhaps with an achievement or gem reward but that would have to be instanced because otherwise it would almost always be a wipe with the normal player population. I actually had a blast of a time taking back a small town yesterday at the north end of Sparkfly Fen. It was just me an a Mesmer. He would defend and I was using the cannons and helping out in between. On my own I didn't stand a chance and a big group is a walk over but with 2 it was a challenge and a load of fun.

The thing is, you are complaining for no reason other than to complain. You are not trying to make the game better. Almost every post is a dig at something
    I can't make the game better on THIS board, any the few times I've tried to come up with any constructive ideas here I've got the typical, "Game is perfect as is, shut up WoW fanboy." replies, so screw it. I have given a lot of feedback, ideas and opinions to A.Net though. I still play the game, and there's still a lot that I do like about it. Hell, I've even made some positive posts here, but the topics always seem to gravitate toward negative stuff.

As for bugs, I'm actually pretty forgiving of bugs in MMO's early on, so I'm not too worked up about them. But posts like the one that you quoted, for example...all that stuff is true. It's not something I made up, either, those are very common complaints. Maybe I word them in a snarky or overly harsh manner, but they're still valid issues. I won't even bother stepping foot into dungeons anymore because of them. Are some people having fun in dungeons anyway? Sure, but some of the issues transcend "I like that" or "I don't like that".

Anyway, despite my obvious occasional abrasiveness, I don't want the game to fail.

I have never played GW2 I would be happy if they came out with a trial package to see if I wanna play it a friend of mine plays it and says the game is amazing but I wanna try before I buy so I voted No cause raiding isn't everything it's cracked up tobe alot of people don't have timne for raiding either it seems hence why WoW came out with the LFR tool for the casual raiders

I´m happy there are no raid and this was a big selling point for me

gw2 is no pve game - pve is just to have it ingame^^

Well...I simply stopped playing. it just got boring. I think I made it to level 48.