Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10-11-12 DPS Raiding Charts

These are the current dps raiding charts. I dont know how many people know and don't know about this site. So I thought I would post it for some of the new people.

Been reading threads saying which classes are op and which are not. Thought this might break some ice.

Source - http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...default/#7vvvv

Edit - Adding - This is overall. You can still click on individual boss fights as well.
    Last edited by Holyshnikies; 2012-10-12 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres Monk ?
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

i dont think they have monk updated for their program/addon yet. they are still missing from the healing charts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    i dont think they have monk updated for their program/addon yet. they are still missing from the healing charts.
    ok thank you
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    I dont understand this graphic. So before and after Mop the classes did the same amount of dps?? The Hunter even the same amount until the end??

10+ Year Old Account
    At least Paladins are consistent and not at the bottom. I run Holy MS anyway.

Good to see Afflictions rotation is very rewarding in terms of DPS.

Even better is Blizzards Baby Arcane Mages Still a difference of 25k dps seems a little excessive...

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Good to see Afflictions rotation is very rewarding in terms of DPS.

Even better is Blizzards Baby Arcane Mages Still a difference of 25k dps seems a little excessive...
    Yeah. I hope to see the bottom 4 specs get a buff to be on par with the rest on top and the top 4 be nerfed a little more. When your average dps is 60k and your top spec is pulling 70k. Thats a 10k Difference... thats a bit too much.

Glad to see feral druid getting some love this expansion lol.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hubie View Post
    I dont understand this graphic. So before and after Mop the classes did the same amount of dps?? The Hunter even the same amount until the end??
    At the end of august 5.0 came out. So a lot of class changes. Then when Sept 25th came, 5.0.5 was released ( the official ), so people could level up to 90.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hubie View Post
    Combat ratings plummeted with the extra five levels, no 35% buff in mogu'shan. I'm guessing those are the two major contributors to the lack of any real dps increase.

Glad to see DK near to the top.

I think Unholy DK just has a smaller sample size and not DK FoTM, I believe it should be closer to the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Glad to see DK near to the top.

I think Unholy DK just has a smaller sample size and not DK FoTM, I believe it should be closer to the middle.
    These are top 100. Not total amount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    At least Paladins are consistent and not at the bottom. I run Holy MS anyway.
    Maybe theres something im missing but if we compare CLASSES and not specs, paladins are rock buttom.

Holy cow who was doing 70k dps before MOP? That's crazy. I can see 50 maybe with full 410 or whatever the cap was.

Wouldn't it be better to analyze the top 50% to top 95%? It seems like that would reflect class balance more than the top 100 parses. This is because the top 100 parses tend to be a lot of gamming of meters by guilds / players just to look good and isn't a fair reflection of class balance. It also hurts less used Class/Spec combos than analyzing the top half of parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazbekzul View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to analyze the top 50% to top 95%? It seems like that would reflect class balance more than the top 100 parses. This is because the top 100 parses tend to be a lot of gamming of meters by guilds / players just to look good and isn't a fair reflection of class balance. It also hurts less used Class/Spec combos than analyzing the top half of parses.
    No. They are not doing it to show off. These are top hardcore raiders. They do what they do to get the job done and to win the fight. Not to spam aoe or w/e and get thrills. This is an overall of the entire raid instance; all bosses.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Holy cow who was doing 70k dps before MOP? That's crazy. I can see 50 maybe with full 410 or whatever the cap was.
    The 35% buff in DS. Thats why lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 35% buff in DS. Thats why lol.
    Power of the Aspects wasn't the same as Hellscream's Warsong. It didn't increase player damage done. It reduced the health and damage of the enemies in the raid.

When hunters get their bows, their dps is going to go up even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    When hunters get their bows, their dps is going to go up even more.
    I stand corrected. I was thinking of ICC's buff /facepalm . Been awhile since I played cata but always remembered icc lol.

No. They are not doing it to show off. These are top hardcore raiders. They do what they do to get the job done and to win the fight. Not to spam aoe or w/e and get thrills. This is an overall of the entire raid instance; all bosses.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:23 PM ----------

Then, by that logic you'd want to link the Top 100 25M parses and not the 10M because more top hardcore raiders raid in 25M. You're also making a very big assumption about the parses. Not all top end raiders will rank in the top 100 for their class. This might be due to the way their raid uses them for utility (Shadow Priests for example).

However, using this logic is still iffy. For example: you'll have guilds that have players - for the benefit of the raid - focus their dps solely on Elegon while the rest of the dps kills the Energies in phase 2. This will skew data immensely if they're some of these "top players" that you refer to because they'll have the added benefit of x% increase on their damage. This will translate over to overall damage for the raid and negatively impact some specs more than others.

Therefore, it's more reasonable to take the 95th percentile of top dps to analyze class balance. You'll still retain all of the top players, but'll even out those who potentially were gaming meters in one way or another. Does this make any sense yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazbekzul View Post
    Then, by that logic you'd want to link the Top 100 25M parses and not the 10M because more top hardcore raiders raid in 25M. You're also making a very big assumption about the parses. Not all top end raiders will rank in the top 100 for their class. This might be due to the way their raid uses them for utility (Shadow Priests for example).

However, using this logic is still iffy. For example: you'll have guilds that have players - for the benefit of the raid - focus their dps solely on Elegon while the rest of the dps kills the Energies in phase 2. This will skew data immensely if they're some of these "top players" that you refer to because they'll have the added benefit of x% increase on their damage. This will translate over to overall damage for the raid and negatively impact some specs more than others.

Therefore, it's more reasonable to take the 95th percentile of top dps to analyze class balance. You'll still retain all of the top players, but'll even out those who potentially were gaming meters in one way or another. Does this make any sense yet?
    Im not trying to speak on behalf of those raiders or the raidbots chart. Im simply just implying that its a nice chart to follow to assess how classes and specs do in terms of damage and healing. Its a nice way to see whats balanced and what isnt so that when future patches come out, perhaps blizzard can look at this and determine what class changes should be made come that next patch. Its just an overall view. And you can also click on each individual boss as well to see how each class and spec does...