Thread: Skyrim problem

Deleted

Skyrim problem

Hey all just a quick question as I have no clue what on earth is going on with my Skyrim on steam. Every time I have started it up it gives me issues. It's like the colour from all the mobs have just vanished... here let me show you a screen shot of the logo on the start screen below.

Anybody know a fix for this? I've tried re installing and even lowering the settings from ultra and still no dice :S

Thanks

It appears you have a texture issue, have you tried repairing it through steam? Integrifying game cache.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    It appears you have a texture issue, have you tried repairing it through steam? Integrifying game cache.
    Yeah I tried that man, no luck still

Did you recently install any mods or played around in the texture files?

I would suggest turning all mods off or getting a friends texture file and see what happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could also be driver/settings issues. Make sure your drivers are up to date and you're using the correct settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    That happened to me too, it would make that bluish color on certain roof and rock textures as well. I found that installing my updated video driver (a new version had been released only a few days prior) fixed the issue.

Nvidia just released new drivers yesterday. Uninstall the old and install the new if your running a nvidia card.

Deleted
    I will try down grading the drivers later today, as I've installed the latest ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Could also be driver/settings issues. Make sure your drivers are up to date and you're using the correct settings.
    That is stupid lol, not always it works, sometimes the older drivers works better then new ones, i had this problem with my radeon drivers, the game was not working good at all, at the newest drivers, the whole system was not working properly, it started after i downgraded the drivers to lower version.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    That is stupid lol, not always it works, sometimes the older drivers works better then new ones, i had this problem with my radeon drivers, the game was not working good at all, at the newest drivers, the whole system was not working properly, it started after i downgraded the drivers to lower version.
    So using up to date drivers has never been a solution for graphical issues? Yeah... stupid idea I guess...
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-10-13 at 12:40 AM.