Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    lol. Are you really equating one of the most rabidly partisan blogs on the internet to an apolitical fact checking organization run out of a conservative Ivy League university funded with money left by a Republican?
    Why yes, I do believe he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Why yes, I do believe he is.
    Sad and alarming.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Maybe i got them mixed up beavis, each side has their site.

No idea what that mean wells, just click that link and it shows you all the stories on this topic from today. Choose the site you trust the most and see what they say.

yeah that you seem to be implying that factcheck.org is the breitbart of the left is probably the best thing on this board all day.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

No idea what that mean wells, just click that link and it shows you all the stories on this topic from today. Choose the site you trust the most and see what they say.
    Most of them are internet comments or blog posts like yours. None of them contains an actual verifiable source because the supposed report that will supposedly substantiate it is supposedly to be released next week.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Most of them are internet comments or blog posts like yours.
    Most or all?

Either way im not claiming to be chairman of the department of labor, just didnt see anyone adding anything to the topic so we can all have a better understanding.

These people go after the source and ignore the story, not very productive (as frodo would say :P ).

10+ Year Old Account
    I googled "Breitbart" and the first autofill option was "Is breitbart biased"

There are more google results on Breitbart being crappy, biased news, than actual stuff they post.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    Job claim misleads.

Quote, 'Fact Check: Labor Secretary Solis Misleads on Jobs Revisions

by Joel B. Pollak5 Oct 2012

Suspicion about the federal government's September jobs report has fallen on Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis, who appeared on CNBC this morning and defended the numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), claiming--falsely--that upward revisions of 86,000 jobs were from the private sector. In fact, the new number is entirely accounted for by upwards revisions to state and federal government payrolls.

The BLS reported that while only 114,000 jobs were created in September--which would have translated into a rise in unemployment from 8.1% to 8.2%--the unemployment rate fell dramatically to 7.8%. That unusual drop is the fastest in nearly three decades, and was unexpected even in the rosiest predictions.

One reason for the rise was an upward revision of 86,000 to the July and August jobs numbers--all of which came from a 91,000 increase in the estimate of public sector jobs. Private sector job estimates were actually revised downward by 5,000.

In addition, the BLS reported a large rise in the number of part-time jobs, adding 600,000 jobs to the total--a dramatic increase of 7.5%, not explained by any other economic indicators--and raising questions about whether the government had changed the way it counted part-time workers.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ers-Questioned
    If you question the job numbers when you don't like them, then you have to question them when you do like them. Period. When the numbers were making Obama look bad, you were fine with them - so don't act like a hypocrite when they make Obama look good. It's ridiculous.

Most or all?
    I was leaving the door open for you to surprise everyone by actually source your own argument.

Except these numbers didnt include california, 3rd highest unemployment rate.

I know some people on the right really hate government employees, but wow, some people on the right really hate government employees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except these numbers didnt include california, 3rd highest unemployment rate.
    Prooooove iiiit.

Unsourced quotes are not proof.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!