Deleted

Mistweaver Monk Heroic Raid PoV's

Hey guys,

Today I started to make videos from our heroic raids and I am going to make my PoVs - I am a mistweaver monk. Thought you might be interested. We are Czech/Slovak guild aiming for World 50.

My character

I'll update this post with future videos as we are progressing if you want.

Feng the Accursed:

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

The Spirit Kings - Dual Monk PoV!

Elegon

Last edited by mmocb340131cb1; 2012-10-26 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzenal View Post
    Hey guys,

Today I started to make videos from our heroic raids and I am going to make my PoVs - I am a mistweaver monk. Thought you might be interested. We are Czech/Slovak guild aiming for World 50.

My character

I'll update this post with future videos as we are progressing if you want.

Feng the Accursed:

@_@ disable those green healing numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    @_@ disable those green healing numbers
    Why would he ever do that? seeing those green healing numbers is one of the things I love about being a healer.

Deleted
    I won't disable them, as Affectionate said, it is rewarding as f*** to see these. However, I'll need to tweak that somehow as I need to see at least void zones :-)

Deleted
    Do you think Zen Sphere is better in raid stacked situations then Chi Burst?
    Definitely interested in seeing more of Mistweaver PoV videos.

The green numbers, especially the "critical pop" animation, make it hard to see anything at times. When the raid is stacked up (for example at 0:45), you can't even make out the numbers, just a big green blob that covers the entire boss and the whole raid, leaving only the edges of the screen (where nothing is happening) actually visible. So even if you enjoy playing with them, you should seriously consider turning them off while making videos, as watching a boss fight video gets rather pointless when you can't see the boss or the players.

Another thing to keep in mind would be to disable the quest-tracking while filming, as it needlessly obstructs part of the view while not being relevant to the raiding.

Other than that, an interesting video. Any particular reason why you're not using Transcendence to pop in and out of melee range? It won't be available every time, but reasonably often and it's basically free.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    Do you think Zen Sphere is better in raid stacked situations then Chi Burst?
    Definitely interested in seeing more of Mistweaver PoV videos.
    Before the nerf of Detonate healing it was definitely superior. Now I am going to try Chi Burst as well as it could be better. The problem with Chi Burst is that it hits only targets in line with you and the target while Zen Sphere is a simple AoE that is around the target which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    The green numbers, especially the "critical pop" animation, make it hard to see anything at times. When the raid is stacked up (for example at 0:45), you can't even make out the numbers, just a big green blob that covers the entire boss and the whole raid, leaving only the edges of the screen (where nothing is happening) actually visible. So even if you enjoy playing with them, you should seriously consider turning them off while making videos, as watching a boss fight video gets rather pointless when you can't see the boss or the players.

Another thing to keep in mind would be to disable the quest-tracking while filming, as it needlessly obstructs part of the view while not being relevant to the raiding.

Other than that, an interesting video. Any particular reason why you're not using Transcendence to pop in and out of melee range? It won't be available every time, but reasonably often and it's basically free.
    The funny thing is, I found how disturbing those numbers are only after I watched that video after it rendered. So I am definitely going to use some type of scrolling battle text.

The quest tracking is a very reasonable argument as well and I'll try to disable it when filming my next video. However, yesterday it was very hectic and my co-players were like "HURR start the fraps we are going to kill it really fast DERP". I appreciate the feedback!

About the Transcendence - to be honest I didn't use it because I didn't think about using it yet. Monk is still a very "new" class to me (I played restoration shaman for a very long time) and I am just getting into it! Will try to use it more often though!

Deleted
    UPDATE 16/10: Added video from Gara'jal the Spiritbinder. I use new combat text, new spell and I took several of your advices into account! Enjoy!

Deleted
    UPDATE: Added The Spirit Kings Monk dual PoV and Elegon!

Deleted
    I don't suppose your ui is available on curse or somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daftmonk View Post
    I don't suppose your ui is available on curse or somewhere?
    http://tukui.org/dl.php

Sorry to ask but why dont you post in the sticky?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Sorry to ask but why dont you post in the sticky?
    Indeed. Please keep any PoV links to the thread provided.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!