10+ Year Old Account

Elder Charms of Fortune question

Okay. So at the moment I'm still gearing up for real raiding using LFR and some Heroic dungeons(the ones with Epic caster loot at the end)

So my question is this, I know I only get to "roll" on LFR loot once per boss per week and the coins allow me to take one more crack at the bosses loot table. Now lets say I clear the raid, kill all the bosses and had my normal loot rolls but then came back for a second time in the same week, would I still get to use up my Elder Charms or do I have to wait until the following week?

(Hope this question makes sense)
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

You can only use Elder Charms if you're eligible to receive loot in the first place.

Deleted
    Yes you can use it twice per week. My friend did.

I heard that you can use the charm even if you killed the boss already. Haven't tested yet though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    You can only use Elder Charms if you're eligible to receive loot in the first place.
    Wrong.
    10chars

I was able to use my charms on the 2nd and 3rd kills of elegon in LFR this week. Just wanted to 2H sword and got it last roll.

So yes, you can use them.

Deleted
    The opposite is true.

Did it last week when I actually had coins. You can do it, I ran the LFR version for the second time and got myself a nice little neck.

Pretty sure you can throw tokens at it as much as you like. I would, however, save them for normal/heroic raids and Sha (since he drops tier pants) and only use tokens in LFR if you're going to go over 10 total the next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survey says: YES, I can use 'em in LFR even after first kill in the same lockout period. Thanks guys
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Yes you can use it twice per week. My friend did.
    That is a bug. There was a blue post saying it was not designed to work like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished LFR then farmed elegon 5 times before my 2H dropped.

You can continue to use the charms in LFR.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    That is a bug. There was a blue post saying it was not designed to work like that.

^^This. I think we'll see a hotfix to this really soon but yes, for the time being, you can use this "trick". The question is though, whether or not to "waste" a Charm on LFR - if you're doing Normal/Heroic that is. I don't spend my Charms in LFR, since you only get 3 per week. I save mine for Heroic bosses or bosses that drops something I really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    The opposite is true.
    The opposite is true? So you can only use Elder Charms if you're not eligible to receive loot? Cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    So. I tested it this weekend. You CANNOT use Charms on raids where you're not eligible for loot. At least I wasn't able to...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So. I tested it this weekend. You CANNOT use Charms on raids where you're not eligible for loot. At least I wasn't able to...
    I just did it today. I cleared the first 2 bosses in raid, but the group kept failing on last so I left yesterday. today I queued up, got in on second boss (already downed yesterday and used coin) and I was eligible for a coin roll, and yes wasted it on gold. So far I have got nothing but gold with either a kill or coins
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well than, it worked for you but did not work for me.

Multiple people used Charm rolls last night, myself included.
    We had already fully cleared FLR and were taking a friend through on a second run.

On all 6 bosses, we got two windows:
    1) You are ineligible to receive loot as you have already completed this boss in this lockout period
    2) Would you like to spend an Elder Charm of Fortune for an additional roll?

Side note... it appears that the "ineligible" window is pretty harsh. It always shows an icon of what you would have received if this were your first time through LFR, represented as an icon with a line through it. Usually, it's just the bag of gold, but last night it showed me a leather shoulder piece with the line through it. It's almost cruel to dangle a successful roll in front of the player when they are ineligible. Ouch.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

You can, but it's a waste of charms when you will benefit more from them once you're doing NM and HMs. Unless you want to be doing dailies forever :P