Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why doesn't Thrall kill or berate Garrosh?

I remember along the lines a while ago that Thrall's policy was to slay anyone who caused unnecessary bloodshed, consorted with foul demons, and etc.

Discuss.

Well, too much of the horde consists of blood-crazed hatemongers for a case-by-case approach to work, so Thrall put Garrosh in charge to lure as many of the more murderous of those primitives to reveal themselves before being ultimately purged by the civilized races... at which point Thrall reclaims the throne and leads a renewed horde purged of most of its brainless thugs and psychotics into a golden age of... well... using cutlery, correct grammar and masonry techniques more sophisticated than "make pile of rocks, stick on some metal pointies".

It would ruin the whole "Garrosh is turning evil" storyline if Thrall did the logical thing and took the title of Warchief back right now, so they have him off doing some sort of serious shamany business.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I remember along the lines a while ago that Thrall's policy was to slay anyone who caused unnecessary bloodshed, consorted with foul demons, and etc.

Discuss.
    right, cause its totally simple as Thrall walking into Org and demanding the throne back?

Have to remember, just like not everyone is happy with Garrosh's rule, not everyone was happy with Thrall's rule.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the heck IS Thrall anyway?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Metzen makes this stuff up as he goes.

That's like asking why Tirion hasn't confronted Sylvanas over her plague yet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

What is Tirion doing anyway?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    He's chilling about 10 minutes north of Andorhol while the Forsaken use every tactic in the Scourge book to conquer it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    He's retired and runs his old keep in WPL. He's a low level quest giver in Cataclysm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

I hate to break this to you but everything about the game lore has been made up as they went since Warcraft:Orcs and Humans. It's World of Warcraft not World of World History where every adventure is a replay of actual historical events.

As for Thrall simply dealing with Garrosh, that would be a quick and very boring solution with no drama or potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's chilling about 10 minutes north of Andorhol while the Forsaken use every tactic in the Scourge book to conquer it.
    I thought this had been explained enough.

Imagine Tirion threatens Sylvanas or commands Argent Troops to attack Forsaken soldiers. He has directly attacked the Horde, the same guys that he strives to be at peace with.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    It would ruin the whole "Garrosh is turning evil" storyline if Thrall did the logical thing and took the title of Warchief back right now, so they have him off doing some sort of serious shamany business.
    Or maybe, life as we know it and the future of the planet is more important than petty border disputes, vendetta, and race war.
    Thrall has more important things to worry about, as much as people mock him for being Green Jesus or a "Mary Sue", he is not perfect and one of his quirks at the moment is a sort of resentment and shame he has for his own kind, at least the war mongers. He thinks there are far more important things than the factions at the moment, and this is made clear when he talked to Jaina in Tides of War.

When an MMO's story movies in 2 year spurts, you have to stop taking things like "inaction" literally. Wait for things to get around to happening.
    Last edited by Yig; 2012-10-12 at 05:19 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Remember the Forsaken was victims of the Lich king, I'm sure Tirion doesn't want to effectively "murder" them because they was robbed of their normal life by the Lich king.

He most likely knows anyway that the forsakens brains are degenerating even Sylvanas' brain is degenerating and eventually they will become feral, then he can put them to rest without guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    I hate to break this to you but everything about the game lore has been made up as they went since Warcraft:Orcs and Humans. It's World of Warcraft not World of World History where every adventure is a replay of actual historical events.

As for Thrall simply dealing with Garrosh, that would be a quick and very boring solution with no drama or potential.
    Ya, but boo-hoo, Metzen should have thought of all at this at one point in time in the 90s, never to develop or change the story again. *sniffle*
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

May I just say...The lands of Lordaeron belong to the citizens of Lordaeron. The Alliance are the real encroachers on our land and the land of the Sin'Dorei. Anyone who has read into the lore knows that Sylvanas has few options left. Without her aggressive approach (Which she has always been, even as a high elf) her people would have been destroyed by Garrosh and squandered as ultra-durable cannon fodder. She sees a future when her people, all refugees of another war forced into their situation, are surrounded by those that would claim they are abominations. She is on a slippery slope with the plague, but she is using the most effective means she knows of carving a kingdom/queendom/safe-house for herself and the people who she once thought of as tools, but now as her beloved subjects.

Thrall also couldn't just stroll into Orgrimmar and dethrone Garrosh as it would divide the Orcs. And it's the warrior's and peons who love Garrosh, the young, strong, hotheaded orcs who are also the fighting force and labourers. Thrall would doom the Horde by dividing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Becausse of bad author writing.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is most likely off dealing with his family issues and raising his child(ren).
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because it would be too easy and would leave one faction completely out in the rain, not to mention how Thrall already played such a major role during last expansion end boss.

Thrall still commands the respect of the majority of the Orcs even if they conveniently forgotten what he taught them, so there really wouldn't be much of a problem with Thrall walking in and challenging Garrosh, given Thralls own guilt over his mistake of appointing Garrosh such a method may seem like the only thing Thrall sees that can work as he's probably aware that Garrosh isn't going to see reason and he isn't in a position to exile him or anything.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Remember the Forsaken was victims of the Lich king, I'm sure Tirion doesn't want to effectively "murder" them because they was robbed of their normal life by the Lich king.

He most likely knows anyway that the forsakens brains are degenerating even Sylvanas' brain is degenerating and eventually they will become feral, then he can put them to rest without guilt.
    So in the mean time slaughtering their way across EK and raising the bodies of the Alliance into their service along with every other Scourge tactic is fine?
    The Forsaken are no longer victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is Leader of the Earthen ring which is neutral so its has nothing to do with horde OR alliance politics. If he even said anything about hellscream is goes against EVERYTHING he now stand for. For how long they stay neutral will depend on how much longer hellscream wants to keep summoning molten giants.

Thrall is not the person he used to be and he will never be again. As i said he is leader of the earthen ring there for he will NEVER be warchief again. EVER. deal with it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post

Elven Undead don't degenerate normally, it takes thousands of year.

Yes I just made that up, but it's true. Metzen will confirm it at blizzcon 2042
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.