What am I dong wrong?

I have been playing a Rogue for about 6 years now, as my one and only main. Tons of experience in raiding and have never had a problem with my DPS unless it is gear related. Before leveling (Post MoP patch), I was top 5 DPS in my guild on every single fight. Before I had my daggers I was still at the top, and even back in Firelands same thing. Now after hitting 90, I can not for the life of me push anything resembling "DPS". I have tried almost everything short of just buying tons of gear. The other raiding rogue in my guild is not having the problem I am either, and it is extremely frustrating.

Cant post links...
    Armory Dezidus, and Deeno in Peachy Keen on Stormreaver

worldoflogs . com / guilds / 34753

The Gara'jal kill I was going under for Spirit Totems.

Things to note
    -Am missing high end leg enchant
    -Went Assassination mid raid with Combat reforges but double epic daggers, didn't work out. Still was hit/exp capped, DPS still sucked
    -Have tried epic dagger in OH combat, DPS stayed about the same, sometimes even less.
    -Have not tried Sub in a 25m raid situation yet.

So my question is, what is going on? Is it just my gear? Or is there a larger issue at hand that I am missing? HELP ME! I feel useless...

Edit: and I can't post links...ughhh
    Edit 2: Totally noticed "dong" in the thread title. Posting while drinking =/= correct spelling.
    Last edited by Shyftt; 2012-10-12 at 04:15 AM.

Deleted
    Apart from your reforging, I couldn't detect anything you're doing wrong. You've got decent Envenom uptime, Slice didn't fall off, high Rupture uptime... That's pretty much all there is to the spec, really.

What was your average?

EDIT: On the note of reforging, seeing as the first boss is the only boss worth going Combat for, why didn't you play Combat in Assassination reforging? Or just port back to town and forge into Assassination for the remainder of the raid?

EDIT 2: Which weapons did you use, specifically?
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2012-10-12 at 04:57 AM.

This was the first week where I had Assassination weapons and did not have enough time to hearth, reforge, and get summoned back. Wouldn't my DPS be extremely sub par with Assassination reforges as Combat? It was true the other way around. Thats why I have Subtlety as my second spec, since Combat and Subtlety reforges are closer than the other two.

Weapons I was using was Dagger of the Seven Stars (Normal) and Tolakesh, Horn of the Black Ox

Deleted
    DPS is utterly broken in MoP. Were doing scarlet halls yesterday, the monk tank was topping dps meters on every bossfight by a large margin :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHaggis View Post
    DPS is utterly broken in MoP. Were doing scarlet halls yesterday, the monk tank was topping dps meters on every bossfight by a large margin :/.
    I remember that being pretty common in early Cata too. Vengeance is kind of absurd at low gear levels. Monks do have vengeance right lol?
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I remember that being pretty common in early Cata too. Vengeance is kind of absurd at low gear levels. Monks do have vengeance right lol?
    That was only with terrible DPSers, and mostly only on trash. This expansion, tanks are getting top 10 DPS ranks. None of our raiders can consistently out DPS tanks. We're 2/6 H, so we're certainly not doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Uh, I was never, and I mean never, beaten by a tank in early cata. Ran MoP dungeons with our main DK tank at the start though before he started to focus on survivability when the raid was about to come out and he topped most of the bosses in full guild groups.

But yeah, in this case, you're right. Vengeance is completely OP and tank damage is way too high, but apparently blizzard doesn't care so long as they have to be tanking to do it and aren't using a tank spec to dps...

i don't think its you. it's the classs....the changes, the nerfs, etc.

Deleted
    hey,

first of all i cant analyse your gear because its obviously forged for combat (whats the first mistake: you dont need combat except the first fight). so you have to forge to 7.5% hit -> max mastery -> 7.5% expertise -> (you wont reacht the next step anyway). the most damage as assa you get from your venoms. more mastery -> more damage from venom! (its so superior to other stats!!)

on the fight against feng this week.

second thing is your envenom: it seems that you overlay your envenom buff sometimes with another envenom buff -> loss of dps.

third: you dropped rupture much to often.

forth: you are not on a par with your raid dps. you obviously did some gameplay mistakes. maybe cant follow the boss when he was running to the next spot? dont let things like that happen.

overall: your dps as a rogue isnt really bad. your equip is bad and you did some minor mistakes (as i assume) that may let drop your dps about 5k-8k to optimum. its more your raid that is in a good shape dps-wise. so dont bother. i did that fight with a little better gear than you and did 68k dps on feng. i also woulnt be top ranked in your guild. but thats mostly caused by lack of gear. with 475+ average you will also able to pull 75-80k dps on feng for sure! you are not a bad player. just forge like i said and your dps will raise high (especially with 2 epic daggers [i dont have 489er daggers and doing single target 70k+])

good luck to you
    and sorry for my english spelling and grammar

lumpen

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    That was only with terrible DPSers, and mostly only on trash. This expansion, tanks are getting top 10 DPS ranks. None of our raiders can consistently out DPS tanks. We're 2/6 H, so we're certainly not doing it wrong.
    A lot of boss mechanics favor tanks in terms of dealing damage, but I agree that it is simply hilarious to look at the world record DPS for any given fight and see tanks everywhere.