Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Both agree on bans for late term abortions so I wish these questions/statements would be rephrased to indicate it's not if they can control your body, but when.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,000
    I seriously hope it's religious belief, because I can't see any other reasoning for it besides that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Ill put it simply... its not taking away her right, its forcing her to take responsibility for her actions... like every person should.
    How is having a child you probably aren't ready to have, taking responsibility for your actions? To me that comes across as irresponsible.
    Last edited by Noobadin; 2012-10-12 at 04:32 AM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    You misrepresent the Republican mindset. They aren't trying to oppress women, they are trying to save human life. To them it isn't a women's rights issue, it's a human rights issue. The "Republicans hate women" argument is a straw man. They believe it's murder.

    Edit: I can't speak for this guy above me, just all the Republicans I know in real life.
    This. I don't care so much what a woman does with her own body, but some people cannot in good conscience condone the killing of a completely innocent human life. Those who believe that life begins at conception see it as exactly that, (even Planned Parenthood does, hence why they were against abortions early on, until they realized how much of a money maker it is...and add that to Margaret Sanger's racist ideals on eugenics.)

    They don't hate women, if anything it is just the opposite, (despite that strawman argument being used so often.)

    I will burn your soul.

  4. #24
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    And if the Republican view is that safe sex isn't an option on the table?
    Republicans seem to think the only acceptable form of sex is between a man and his wife (missionary) and for the purpose to procreate. Notice how they hate on contraceptives too. Why? Because contraceptives let people have sex without worrying about having kids.

    Whereas Democrats recognize humans are human and they make mistakes and thus should not be penalized by 18 years of labor because of said mistake.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    Because they believe a fetus's right to life takes priority over that of a woman's right to control her body. Saying that someone who's pro-life is someone who wants to oppress woman, is about as idiotic as saying someone who's pro-choice is someone who wants to kill babies.

    It's redundant and ridiculous.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-12 at 04:23 AM.

  6. #26
    I am Murloc! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    Just like gun control for democrats, abortion is something that the republicans use to rally their base. Its basically political chum they use to stir their voters. It doesn't make sense because its not supposed to, its an appeal to peoples feelings.
    gun control has more to do with the many incidents of crazies legally accessing guns and going on murder sprees, as well as accidental shootings that take place. not a belief.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Ill put it simply... its not taking away her right, its forcing her to take responsibility for her actions... like every person should.
    How is telling someone what they have to do and taking away all her other options making her take responsibility? Isn't it a little misogynistic and patronizing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Ill put it simply... its not taking away her right, its forcing her to take responsibility for her actions... like every person should.
    I bet if all the dudes were denied the use of Condoms that they wouldn't think of it that way.

  9. #29
    It's one of several easily recognizable positions they hold. Conservatives want very small government oversight, unless the topic is related to any sort of personal freedom or choice (abortion, gay marriage, etc)
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Ill put it simply... its not taking away her right, its forcing her to take responsibility for her actions... like every person should.
    Because forcing a woman to undergo an incredibly painful procedure and then have to care for a baby she didn't want for the next 18+ years because the condom broke is perfectly reasonable.

    No.

  11. #31
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    Just like gun control for democrats, abortion is something that the republicans use to rally their base. Its basically political chum they use to stir their voters. It doesn't make sense because its not supposed to, its an appeal to peoples feelings.
    The problem with trying to defend gun ownership as a political party is that every time a mass shooting happens, you can't really defend it for a few months.

  12. #32
    The simple answer is that it is no longer her body. If one believes that life begins at conception, as most republicans do, then the unborn child should be awarded all the rights owed to any other person. To them it would be like saying since a 2 year old child came from the mother (not even mentioning and/or completely ignoring the father's contribution to the entire affair) then the mother has the right to drown said child in the bath.

    It is really that simple. To them an unborn child is a human being and as such should not be murdered on the whim of an irresponsible man or women.

    The distinction at what point an unborn child becomes a being, with rights, is the matter of contention and as science improves that line is becoming more obscured with the survival of earlier and earlier premature births.

  13. #33
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's one of several easily recognizable positions they hold. Conservatives want very small government oversight, unless the topic is related to any sort of personal freedom or choice (abortion, gay marriage, etc)
    Perhaps its from looking at things looking back, as I wasn't even in the States during the Bush era, but the Republican party seemed to have no qualms about powerful government back then. That appeared to suddenly become an issue as soon as a democrat became president.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,320
    Why do woman want to murder their children? I can ask questions and make it sound evil so that anyone who questions my position can be beat down as evil too.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  15. #35
    Also, I post this in most abortion threads I see, so I'll keep up the tradition .


  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Perhaps its from looking at things looking back, as I wasn't even in the States during the Bush era, but the Republican party seemed to have no qualms about powerful government back then. That appeared to suddenly become an issue as soon as a democrat became president.
    The GOP fires up their base by claiming to be small government, but if you look at the past 6 presidents, the GOP have been the ones growing the government more than the Dems. It is just hyperbole to fire up their base, just like claiming they want to cut taxes and balance the budget, while lowering unemployment and promising every other thing in the world. I, personally, would rather have 'tax and spend' dems than 'spend and spend' GOP, personally.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Why do woman want to murder their children? I can ask questions and make it sound evil so that anyone who questions my position can be beat down as evil too.
    Except the thread title is, while hyperbolic, not inaccurate. The GOP does want to remove the right of women to control her body with respect to abortion. There is no way to view their policy where that isn't true. People who support abortion rights don't view it as murder though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Why do woman want to murder their children? I can ask questions and make it sound evil so that anyone who questions my position can be beat down as evil too.
    This is exactly it. Even the phrasing of the positions is a ridiculous sham. One side is pro-life and the other is pro-choice? Everyone I know is pro-life and pro-choice. It is for or against abortion that the groups are about. It's just political rhetoric to deceive the ignorant.

  19. #39
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Because forcing a woman to undergo an incredibly painful procedure and then have to care for a baby she didn't want for the next 18+ years because the condom broke is perfectly reasonable.
    Because unjustly killing an innocent life because mommy dearest decided that she wanted to go bareback, is sooooooo reasonable amright?

    Oh hey look, I can do that to.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Except the thread title is, while hyperbolic, not inaccurate. The GOP does want to remove the right of women to control her body with respect to abortion. There is no way to view their policy where that isn't true. People who support abortion rights don't view it as murder though.
    Just as people who oppose woman killing their children don't view it as a woman's body in the first place as it is a seperate organism with its own DNA and body, not that of the mother.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •