Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupart View Post
    The only people against contraceptives are Catholics and that is a very small percentage of republicans. And most of them are democrats. Do some research, dummy.
    Yes that must be why 54% of Catholics voted Republican in 2010.

Also the point is that it's the Republicans who are championing their positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't view it as oppressing women, they view it as saving the life of the unborn child.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    calling yourself pro-choice is like calling yourself pro-life. it doesnt make any real sense. you're not pro choice on the part of the fetus, only the mother, and no one that is alive could possibly never kill anything.
    A fetus can't choose, what with being a fetus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawke View Post
    Bottom line is that the option of abortion should never be scrutinized by individuals outside of the bigger picture. You can argue till your blue in the face, but in the end most don't know whats going on or how it will affect the individual. Most people that give birth young (83% of abortions are done by woman under the age of 25.) have to get government assistance to afford even having a son and most of those individuals are barely mature enough to take care of themselves let alone instill values and morals on a younger generation.
    Conservatives don't care about people, only potential ones.

Prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    The words of the militant abortion types should explain things pretty clearly. To a militant abortionist, the decision to CHOOSE to not have an abortion can only be the result of either indoctrination, or stupidity, or immorality. It is not possible - in their minds - for principled individuals to make a rational decision that disagrees with them. All must bow at the Altar or Abortion. Anyone who does not is "anti-woman", wants to "take away choice", or "don't want women to control their own body..." Yadda yadda yadda. It is the typical attitude of a committed, irrational, ideologue. So much for the famed subtlety and 'nuance' of the so-called progressives, eh wot?
    yeah, allowing everyone to decide their own position is soooo extreme.

This thread has reached it's end. Forty-three pages of discussion is quite enough, and now people are bickering anew. We've allowed this thread when it was pretty borderline anyway, thank you to everyone who raised the level of maturity and civility on our forum.

Closed.