Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about Elder Charms and loot

Say I down a boss in Vaults and he drops a two handed sword. If I use a charm, is there a chance I could get that sword from the charm (even if it dropped on the mob)? Thanks for the help =)

Pretty sure, yes. It'll award you a random piece of loot, even loot you already have.

Yezzzzzzir

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. In fact, the spirit leather shoulders dropped off of the 3rd boss tonight in MV. Our monk healer also used his charm...to get those shoulders...alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yes. In fact, the spirit leather shoulders dropped off of the 3rd boss tonight in MV. Our monk healer also used his charm...to get those shoulders...alas.
    last week we had to get our "sometimes healer but usually tank" druid to take the ones off the boss, cause our "always healer" druid got them with his coin lol

in a lighter note, I heard a guy got the fist off that boss with the coin, and one from his actual loot, if only i could be so lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate these things. If you're going to give gold most of tthe time, at least make it a few hundred. 28g isn't even worth it for something that took you so long to farm. I haven't won anything but gold yet, and it's old.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Indeed. One of the reasons I'd like to see the charm timer doubled is so you can deal with the boss loot before you decide whether to roll again. It won't stop the "here it is again" reward per se, but it might make it easier to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I hate these things. If you're going to give gold most of tthe time, at least make it a few hundred. 28g isn't even worth it for something that took you so long to farm. I haven't won anything but gold yet, and it's old.
    Are you kidding? I have over 400 of the Lesser Charms, and they take no time or dedication to farm out. Stop the QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Are you kidding? I have over 400 of the Lesser Charms, and they take no time or dedication to farm out. Stop the QQ.
    This is what we call hyperbole.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Wrong. I have 2 stacks of 180 charms in the bank, and another 40 or so in my bags. This is what we call the truth. Don't be a fucking idiot.

Hardly. Every daily quest gives them out, there's a JACKLOAD of dailies to do, and you can only turn in 90 a week. I've almost got 2 full stacks of 180 just doing tiller, serpent, klaxxi, and golden lotus dailies since I hit 90. And I don't always do them every day.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Hardly. Every daily quest gives them out, there's a JACKLOAD of dailies to do, and you can only turn in 90 a week. I've almost got 2 full stacks of 180 just doing tiller, serpent, klaxxi, and golden lotus dailies since I hit 90. And I don't always do them every day.
    I just do Tillers and Golden Lotus, and even those not every day and I still got more lesser charms than I can turn in.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Yeah, i was surprised to see only 28g 50s yesterday on my first run lfr.
    The charm just gives an extra roll, the chance of getting an item is the same as the original roll.
    As the charm took some time and effort, I was expecting more gold from it... not in the hundreds though, maybe 3x28,50 or something like that.

Yea I wish the lesser charm quest wasn't weekly, I see no point in giving us a 3 coin per week cap if all we get is a random​ chance for extra loot relative to our spec. It's also quite annoying when I've got over 4 stacks(720) coins just sitting there waiting for the next few months of hand in's to become available.

I have over 600 and I missed at least one day each of cloud serpent and angler's dailies and have only done the archeology daily maybe three times. Can't imagine how many more I'd have from unlocking extra hubs earlier if I'd been human and hadn't given up the hozen peace pipe that dropped so a friend could buy shado-pan justice gear to get ilvl to queue for heroics. I'm going to end up wishing they stacked to 1000 before long I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDreads View Post
    Yea I wish the lesser charm quest wasn't weekly, I see no point in giving us a 3 coin per week cap if all we get is a random​ chance for extra loot relative to our spec. It's also quite annoying when I've got over 4 stacks(720) coins just sitting there waiting for the next few months of hand in's to become available.
    It is a bonus! I for one, am glad we got this chance to roll a second time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love it, I ran lfr this Wednesday, got no loot. And ran it again after with a few friends, used a coin on the third boss, and BAM shoulders. It's amazing.

And about 400 coins, it's true. :P I have 2 stacks as well, would be nice to be able to turn some extra in for more coins. So you have 90 for 3 coins every week, and then you can turn 100 extra lesser charms for 1. So you can exchange them. Would be nice.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:58 AM ----------

Love it, I ran lfr this Wednesday, got no loot. And ran it again after with a few friends, used a coin on the third boss, and BAM shoulders. It's amazing.

And about 400 coins, it's true. :P I have 2 stacks as well, would be nice to be able to turn some extra in for more coins. So you have 90 for 3 coins every week, and then you can turn 100 extra lesser charms for 1. So you can exchange them. Would be nice.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    It is a bonus! I for one, am glad we got this chance to roll a second time.
    ah good point, I was looking at it in a mandatory sort if way but it's really just an extra for doing dailies. In that case i hope they stack higher eventually then, otherwise I'll have to start storing them in the bank to save space.

Not knowing the loot tables, I got a boots drop for my pally off the first boss and used a coin and got the same pair so I ended up with 2 of them. I looked at the loot tables and that was teh only thing that boss dropped for Ret Paladins. Free sha crystal so whydafudge not. I'm not gonna run out of the charms anytime soon (i got over 500 of the Lesser Charms just waiting to be turned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:58 AM ----------

I put in a ticket and suggest that people be able to turn in the 90 lesser coins for a Spirit of Harmony. That would both encourage people to do dailies and give people that don't raid much something to spend the damn things on.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

last night we had leathjer belt off 1st boss and our druid used his token and yeah got the belt
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton