Thread: Prepare for war

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prepare for war

After watching the debate, all I can gather is an Iranian strike if Romney wins and that's the most likely outcome of the election, a Romney/Ryan victory.
    Why are people so stupid!?

"WMD's!!!!" 11 years ago, now we're all falling for the same crap again, thousands of more lives lost and more reasons for terrorists to kill us! This is insanity. Why are we so stupid?

Edit: Pretty much loved Biden this debate, especially the Iranian part. Sounds so similar to Ron Paul... besides the crippling sanctions part. And please don't close this thread, its not about the Republican election, its about an Iran war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, no. Romney is not going to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

If you have to resort to fearmongering Obama has lost.

Being at war already is a great way to prepare for war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Um, no. Romney is not going to win.
    Speaking in absolutes is naive. How are you so sure he will not win? Obama is losing support rapidly and how can anyone trust him? Hes destroyed the economy and made a massive debt fighting his drone wars and bailing out wall street.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Being at war already is a great way to prepare for way.
    Yeah been at war with them covertly for 5+ years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Speaking in absolutes is naive. How are you so sure he will not win? Obama is losing support rapidly and how can anyone trust him? Hes destroyed the economy and made a massive debt fighting his drone wars and bailing out wall street.
    Romney was a weak candidate from the beginning and Ryan is too conservative to appeal to the middle ground bloc of voters.

The economy has actually recovered significantly under his Presidency, the debt is not really an issue, and the drone wars are actually working and preferable to the ground wars that Bush started.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Despite what you think, this belongs in one of the stickies. You don't offer anything past a Presidential race, politics discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romney was a weak candidate from the beginning and Ryan is too conservative to appeal to the middle ground bloc of voters.

The economy has actually recovered significantly under his Presidency, the debt is not really an issue, and the drone wars are actually working and preferable to the ground wars that Bush started.
    I agree with Romney being weak, hes so pathetic its not even funny and how people chose him over the other guys is beyond me.

"The economy has actually recovered" - You're joking right?
    "The debt is not really an issue" - Sure, when you can keep printing money infintitly causing inflation and destroying the middle class, then sure the debt is totally fine.. at the expense of turning the entire country into a McDonalds cash register job fueled economy.
    "Dont war are actually working" - Rofl this is insane, how is dropping bombs from a plane without a court to decide whether someone is guilty, working? Thats a terrible thing to suggest that you're in favor of indiscriminate attacks against people are usually woman and children...

its not about the Republican election, its about an Iran war.
    So you're allowed to attack Romney / Ryan with your "facts" yet you somehow think this is about the Iranian War? Yeah, don't think so. I hope this gets closed shortly, because it's obvious it's a political issue, not a war one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Despite what you think, this belongs in one of the stickies. You don't offer anything past a Presidential race, politics discussion.
    Yeah lets just jam everything into a sticky, thats so productive. It just turns into a flame war and is impossible to catch up on... generally just turns into 2 people fighting over crap they don't understand. And yeah this is getting side tracked, its supposed to be about war, but hey people come in supporting Obama generally derails logical discussions.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    So you're allowed to attack Romney / Ryan with your "facts" yet you somehow think this is about the Iranian War? Yeah, don't think so. I hope this gets closed shortly, because it's obvious it's a political issue, not a war one.
    Just wanted to highlight how these two are going to start a war. It wouldn't be logical to discuss an iranian attack without explaining the context of my reasoning.. would it? Also I don't like any candidates, if anyone knew anything about politics they would notice my avatar image and know what I truly believe...

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Romney being weak, hes so pathetic its not even funny and how people chose him over the other guys is beyond me.

"The economy has actually recovered" - You're joking right?
    "The debt is not really an issue" - Sure, when you can keep printing money infintitly causing inflation and destroying the middle class, then sure the debt is totally fine.. at the expense of turning the entire country into a McDonalds cash register job fueled economy.
    "Dont war are actually working" - Rofl this is insane, how is dropping bombs from a plane without a court to decide whether someone is guilty, working? Thats a terrible thing to suggest that you're in favor of indiscriminate attacks against people are usually woman and children...
    I'm not. The unemployment rate has been lowering, the market has recovered significantly.

And no, it isn't, because high debt doesn't destroy the middle class necessarily and we can always monetize it if it gets too large.

Arbitrary and extrajudicial assassination is an important weapon in the arsenal of international relations. And collateral damage is unfortunate but necessary.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think they'll start a war? They have no reason to. If things pop off in that region most of the world is going to be involved. Neither potential president is going to poke that hornet's nest for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not. The unemployment rate has been lowering, the market has recovered significantly.

And no, it isn't, because high debt doesn't destroy the middle class necessarily and we can always monetize it if it gets too large.

Arbitrary and extrajudicial assassination is an important weapon in the arsenal of international relations. And collateral damage is unfortunate but necessary.
    The unemployment numbers are a complete lie. Do you really think the government would issue realistic job figures whilst trying to 'fix' an economy? That would be suicide. The unemployment rate is what, 7.9%? That's excluding people not searching for jobs and who have given up. Also, employing thousands of government employees DOES NOT solve jack shit, government employees are a complete waste of time realistically, but in the current context they're essential to a certain degree due to the welfare/entitlement attitude people have.

Have you studied economics? Have you sat down for two seconds and wondered why the EU is in the position it is currently in? That is due to debt and YES debt causes inflation, because the way they try to eleviate the debt is by increasing the cash rate and lowering interest rates, this destroys the value of the dollar and causes inflation because there is more money in circulation than there is supposed to be because they have printed so much of it, just like the Weimar Republic and Zimbabwe.

And your last point makes me sad...

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Why do you think they'll start a war? They have no reason to. If things pop off in that region most of the world is going to be involved. Neither potential president is going to poke that hornet's nest for no reason.
    They'll start a war to protect Israel or support Israel after Israel has attacked Iran. Yes they have a reason to attack, they're NATO members with Turkey, if Turkey attacks Syria which its parliment has allowed, then a binding military contract between Syria and Iran comes into effect. Do you not know anything of current geopolitics at this current moment, if not don't reply...

Romney/Ryan rhetoric about Iran IS POKING the nest, do you not listen to them!? They want to support a war in Iran with Israel and NATO, its in there interests to 'protect Israel'.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 04:13 PM ----------

Why are people so scared of reality and incapable of putting two things together? This sheepish attitude is going to blow up in your faces, you need to get smarter and stop believing the lies your politicians tell you. Time is running out, war is brewing in the middle east...

Speaking in absolutes is naive.
    Which is exactly what you did in the OP...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Romney/Ryan rhetoric about Iran IS POKING the nest, do you not listen to them!? They want to support a war in Iran with Israel and NATO, its in there interests to 'protect Israel'.
    Which is exactly why they won't win. The majority of Americans are war weary and won't support another war at this time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll start a war to protect Israel or support Israel after Israel has attacked Iran. Yes they have a reason to attack, they're NATO members with Turkey, if Turkey attacks Syria which its parliment has allowed, then a binding military contract between Syria and Iran comes into effect. Do you not know anything of current geopolitics at this current moment, if not don't reply...

I'm naive and sheepish and listening to my politicians? I don't like either candidate, I just dislike one more than I dislike the other.

So let me make sure I understand you. Romney TALKING about Iran, that is to say talking about a nation with leadership that LOVES to talk about war and make threats, is poking a hornet's nest? No. That's part of politics. Always has been.

You're also missing the point entirely. IF things pop off in that region, it's not going to be just Romney and Co that get involved, most of the western world is going to get involved. Whatever Romney would do in regards to that situation, Obama would/will do that same thing, just likely with a little more finesse. He's trying to avoid dealing with the issue of the rising tension in the region at the moment, but if things go tits up he'll very likely, along with every other capable western nation with interests in the region, take action. _ANY_ President would do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoosh View Post
    Which is exactly why they won't win. The majority of Americans are war weary and won't support another war at this time.
    Since when do Americans make decisions!? The leaders make the decisions, not your average person and why wouldn't they? They supported the Afghan war after 9/11, what if another happened or Iran sunk a USA aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf? 90% of people would support a war after that and goodbye freedoms, because they do not exist in a state of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when do Americans make decisions!? The leaders make the decisions, not your average person and why wouldn't they? They supported the Afghan war after 9/11, what if another happened or Iran sunk a USA aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf? 90% of people would support a war after that and goodbye freedoms, because they do not exist in a state of war.
    I suppose the shadow government holds the real power, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm naive and sheepish and listening to my politicians? I don't like either candidate, I just dislike one more than I dislike the other.

So let me make sure I understand you. Romney TALKING about Iran, that is to say talking about a nation with leadership that LOVES to talk about war and make threats, is poking a hornet's nest? No. That's part of politics. Always has been.

You're also missing the point entirely. IF things pop off in that region, it's not going to be just Romney and Co that get involved, most of the western world is going to get involved. Whatever Romney would do in regards to that situation, Obama would/will do that same thing, just likely with a little more finesse. He's trying to avoid dealing with the issue of the rising tension in the region at the moment, but if things go tits up he'll very likely, along with every other capable western nation with interests in the region, take action. _ANY_ President would do the same.
    Yeah basically. Oh and the Sheepish part wasn't meant for you, it was just something I added in, for some reason all comments get stuck in the same text area No hatin bro.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 04:29 PM ----------

I suppose the shadow government holds the real power, right?
    Nah dude, the aliens that live inside the planet. *sarcasm*
    Get original and stop trying to derail something so serious, if you don't take this seriously, go away?

You're just assuming im a conspiracy theorist because I take rhetoric seriously? Maybe I should just stop thinking and act like the majority of people on this planet and let government take absolute control. That works perfectly. *sarcasm*

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Which is exactly what you did in the OP...
    Do you have anything constructive to add to this?
    Last edited by Kivimetsan; 2012-10-12 at 05:35 AM.

Do you have anything constructive to add to this?
    Obviously not, and by asking me a question you're doubling my unconstructiveness. Just pointing out that you call a guy naive when he says that Romney won't win, when you said the exact parallel in the OP.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.