Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No new raid in 5.1?

So providing from 5.1 PTR patch notes, we won't have new tier in 5.1 patch. And where will Wrathion's story be progressing then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Through the dailies/scenarios.

They said ages ago that 5.1 wasn't going to be a raid, because its coming out in November.

They said a month after the first tier of raids were out, and they finally come out at the end of october.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Since 5.1 seems like it will be very soon into the expansions life cycle, its safe to bet there will be more vanilla and TBC style patches, as in 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 etc. So while 5.1 may be the next patch, it doesnt have to have a raid...I'm sure we will get a new raid around the same time frame as it took for us to get new raids in previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth should there be a new raid in 5.1 when there are still 2 raids yet to be opened from 5.0?

Just sayin'..

They said raids and I assume pvp seasons will be every other patch with non-raid content between.

Still likely to have raids out more regularly so I wouldn't worry.

There is no need for there to be a new raid. I'm willing to bet you aren't even progressing past 1/6 Heroic, let alone the 2 raids that haven't even been released yet.
    Also, by looking at the Patch Notes, it seems to me that this patch will be released into mid November, which will barely be a week or two after the other 2 raids have had their Heroic modes open to the player base.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    The new plan is more patches more often, there just won't be a huge dungeon or raid tier each patch.

but what i find strange is that they alrdy added the s13 gear in patch 5.1 and so far new season comes with new tiers aswell.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    but what i find strange is that they alrdy added the s13 gear in patch 5.1 and so far new season comes with new tiers aswell.
    The patch going on PTR now means it'll come out in November probably.

Perhaps as soon as the week after T14 fully opens.

So there's a 0% chance of a new raid or season. Gear or no gear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Obviously not - the patch is hitting so soon T14 will still be going strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    vanilla and TBC style patches, as in 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 etc.
    Yes, similar to Classic patches. No, not like BC patches. And that's not how they named them, either.

1.4 was the honor system, 1.5 was battlegrounds, 1.6 was Blackwing Lair, 1.11 was Naxxramas, and so on.

BC was really no different from Wrath or Cataclysm... 2.1 was Black Temple, 2.2 was Voice Chat, 2.3 was Zul'Aman, and 2.4 was Sunwell Plateau. That was it for BC.

Mists is probably going to wind up going up to 5.6 or 5.7, if they intend to have four raid tiers.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 07:01 AM ----------

They're going to alternate back and forth between raid and non-raid content in patches, with plan being to release a new raid tier every 4 months or so, and minor content patches in between. They're working on 5.1 and 5.2 simultaneously, as well, so even though you won't be seeing it on the PTR for a while, they are already working on the next raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The patch going on PTR now means it'll come out in November probably.

Perhaps as soon as the week after T14 fully opens.

So there's a 0% chance of a new raid or season. Gear or no gear.
    i know but its still strange they added s13 alrdy while not adding t15. never in the history of WoW we had 2 pvp seasons in one pve tier.
    also s12 will run to short if they even going to add s13 this year.

Deleted
    i know but its still strange they added s13 alrdy while not adding t15. never in the history of WoW we had 2 pvp seasons in one pve tier.
    also s12 will run to short if they even going to add s13 this year.
    Just because the gear is in the game files doesn't mean it's actually obtainable.

Well, at least they are adding a bunch of new dailies and a new faction in 5.1!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSnake View Post
    Well, at least they are adding a bunch of new dailies and a new faction in 5.1!
    Just what the game needs. More dailies and scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
    More optional content is never bad for the game in general, even though you may feel it is for your game in particular.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Just because the gear is in the game files doesn't mean it's actually obtainable.
    true. but afaik they never done that...

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:16 AM ----------

i like scenatios and daily's. just because you don't like them doesn't mean no1 likes them.

Deleted
    i like scenatios and daily's. just because you don't like them doesn't mean no1 likes them.
    For sure, this was my personal opinion. I didn't want to offend anyone.

Deleted
    Content doesn't always mean instances. It can come under the form of scenario's, even just daily quests added with better rewards.

Well it looks like they are giving us new content faster; that is great.
    And not every patch needs to have a raid. The raids we have now aren't even opened fully yet.