Thread: Orianna !

Orianna !

Orianna 2 stronk.
    Troll, but no. I just bought Orianna, and im loving her ! After my second game I get instant triple into a quadra..no penta cus twitch was "Nice" enough to kill me in this ulti while stealthing. Lul.
    I dont know what to max first or how to build her. I just build her normal APC...RoA/scepter/rabadons/hrglass etc etc.
    Im maxing WQE, or EQW...depends on if Im getting harrased a lot, any tips ? I dont want to read guides.
    Awesome enough not to read them.

My tip would be to read guides, because after you read one, you can say you were too pro for the information in the guide. Right now, You don't know for sure, the information might be too pro for you, right? So you need to reaffirm you superiority, by reading those guides and disqualifying them with something awesome.

P.S. Is there a reason you write like the hulk talks?

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't play during the days of nightmare duo lane Orianna - Cass did you? No one can hold lane vs them until heavy nerfs came out
    I won't say she is weak but she has seen much better days
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Orianna's a lot stronger now since her buffs on almost all her abilities.

Since Ori has a lot more dmg now, I think that going Rylai's first then rabadon is a good option, followed by hourglass/scepter and finally a void staff? I don't know, I haven't played her for so long.

If you want guides, just go to solomid.net(it's net not .com, otherwise you'll go to some site you don't want to look at) and check the Ori guides in there, it'll help you.

Deleted
    Don´t ever max E, the ability is mainly used to position the ball to ult or speed people up. Go Q-W-E in my opinion. RoA isn´t bad but I´d recommend just going chalice into grail and deathcap. After deathacap I usually get zhonyas, void staff and GA in no particular order.

Don´t see why you had to make a new thread for this though.

Deleted
    Easiest "hard" champion in my opinion. It is interesting that she is rated as the hardest, where Lux which is not ALL that different is considered quite easier. (maybe it was different when global cooldown was longer, and hitting spells was task of prediction, did not play her much before changes though)
    Nevertheless, as long as you don't fail, it all works quite well if you think how to use your abilities. Tons of AEs, some acceptable control and quite decent shield.

Deleted
    She have insane burst at the moment but to tell u the truth u need to know how to play her i hate to play vs a good oriana her ulti is insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch VODs from Season 2 Championships and the Upcoming Season 2 Finals. She's been a high priority pick for most AP Mids and we've seen a lot of good players using her.

Max Q or W first depending on situation, not E. If up against someone you can trade attacks with (Ahri, Morg) grab a point in E first though. Your passive makes your auto attacks hit very hard, and you have even more incentive to aa harass with her because of that. Shield yourself and smack them once or twice with aa, bang. You have advantage.

2 Dorans -> Athene -> Dcap is my usual build. Athene allows her to spam Q and rids her of mana problems and Dcap gives her the damage. With Athene's she doesn't need the mana from ROA and the other stats are meh.

Just go read a guide, I'm pretty sure Salce has one for her at Solomid. You're not even close to being awesome enough to ignore a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Watch VODs from Season 2 Championships and the Upcoming Season 2 Finals. She's been a high priority pick for most AP Mids and we've seen a lot of good players using her.

Max Q or W first depending on situation, not E. If up against someone you can trade attacks with (Ahri, Morg) grab a point in E first though. Your passive makes your auto attacks hit very hard, and you have even more incentive to aa harass with her because of that. Shield yourself and smack them once or twice with aa, bang. You have advantage.

2 Dorans -> Athene -> Dcap is my usual build. Athene allows her to spam Q and rids her of mana problems and Dcap gives her the damage. With Athene's she doesn't need the mana from ROA and the other stats are meh.

Just go read a guide, I'm pretty sure Salce has one for her at Solomid. You're not even close to being awesome enough to ignore a guide.
    Thank you for the advice with Unholy Grail... the guide stuff I was talking about was really about builds.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Easiest "hard" champion in my opinion. It is interesting that she is rated as the hardest, where Lux which is not ALL that different is considered quite easier. (maybe it was different when global cooldown was longer, and hitting spells was task of prediction, did not play her much before changes though)
    Nevertheless, as long as you don't fail, it all works quite well if you think how to use your abilities. Tons of AEs, some acceptable control and quite decent shield.
    I find Lux far easier than Orianna.

It all depends on who the player is and whether the playstyle fits the person playing that champion.

Let's just take the player aspect out, and define the difficulty of Orianna just by mechanics. You'll see that she needs far more micromanaging than Lux (or any lower difficulty champ) does.

Deleted
    How Lux can be considered harder is far beyond me. Placement of the ball is quite important, use of shield on right target + speedbuff/slow, while using your Q etc. timing dat ulti etc.

Lux is basically a skillshot you have to hit. Massive AoE with long range, shield you can't miss and a fast global ulti.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    How Lux can be considered harder is far beyond me. Placement of the ball is quite important, use of shield on right target + speedbuff/slow, while using your Q etc. timing dat ulti etc.

Lux is basically a skillshot you have to hit. Massive AoE with long range, shield you can't miss and a fast global ulti.
    If you miss your lux ulti in a small place, you now your bad. If you miss your ulti as orianna, you fked up bigtime. Altho its harder to use your ulti (as orianna) at the right time to actually get anything out of it. Saving a teammate/yourself or turn the tide in your favor in a teamfight. The ball may be hard to see, if you use smartcast (as I use and I do fail at some of my ulties lol). If you dont use smartcast, you may see where your ball end up and put the ball to a nice spot/chocke point and get insta penta ggwp. No. Use your eyes to see where your ball lands. As of LUX, how can you fk up a ulti which got 30 sec cd? I mean..if you fail with that when your standing in a teamfight and miss everything, you should give up your APC carrier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    you should give up your APC carrier.
    This is getting ridiculous :P
    We had the term ad, now people use ADC.

New term, APC? also apc carrier? He is not an Ability Power Carry, he is an Ability Power Carry Carrier?

Also, APC in general, you mean something like this:
    http://www.crowncrystaltech.com/imag...75-500x500.jpg
    or maybe this?
    http://mnchange.org/images/82.jpg

:-P

Disclaimer: this post is irrelevant to the OP, but I couldn't help myself :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Orianna 2 stronk.
    Troll, but no. I just bought Orianna, and im loving her ! After my second game I get instant triple into a quadra..no penta cus twitch was "Nice" enough to kill me in this ulti while stealthing. Lul.
    I dont know what to max first or how to build her. I just build her normal APC...RoA/scepter/rabadons/hrglass etc etc.
    Im maxing WQE, or EQW...depends on if Im getting harrased a lot, any tips ? I dont want to read guides.
    Awesome enough not to read them.
    The only thing I would say about your build is don't bother with scepter on her. Since you can latch the ball onto teammates and do your combo with it, you shouldn't be close enough for the MR shred to work. You also have a pretty good range if there aren't teammates around too. If you want to build RoA, go straight for D cap afterwards. I've seen a lot of people building unholy grail first though. I think it's just personal preference.

Ever since I saved a teammate with E at the last second from a charging Malphite running though turrets in the nick of time, she's been one of my favorite AP mids, simply because not only does she do good damage, she supports as well. Which is crucial when you get "those guys" on your team. :P

I just wish she would get a non-artsy/non-scary skin, although that is her style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The only thing I would say about your build is don't bother with scepter on her. Since you can latch the ball onto teammates and do your combo with it, you shouldn't be close enough for the MR shred to work. You also have a pretty good range if there aren't teammates around too. If you want to build RoA, go straight for D cap afterwards. I've seen a lot of people building unholy grail first though. I think it's just personal preference.
    Unholy grail is great for mana hungry champions because it provides that passive that chalice has and great mana regen. When the item first came out, I looked at it and thought, "Man that would be great on Anivia" and the instant it came out I just about built it on her for the most part always.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    The CDR is great on Orianna too. Possibly even better to have than the Mana Regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

Lux's entire kit basically relies on hitting her Q. Honestly, it's kind of easy to dodge, almost as easy as Dark Binding. Aside from her Q, her entire kit is still skillshots. She's a very skillshot reliant champion, meaning your damage is never guaranteed.

Orianna is similar, I just find the ball a bit easier to use as long as you keep tabs on it at all times.