Balance: Crit Vs Haste

So i can reach the 5273 Haste cap in my current gear, but is it worth going for it right now or just going straight Crit after the Hit cap?

I find that my DOTs are going to fall off outside of Eclipse, so I'm refreshing them just before I leave the current eclipse, which would mean the extra ticks would be wasted anyway right? or would 5273 haste mean i can get from Eclipse->Eclipse without needing to refresh them mid way?

With that haste cap is it worth just refreshing them when they are about to drop off even if its outside of Eclipse? (The extra ticks make up for the loss of an eclipsed dot + all that crit)

Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    So i can reach the 5273 Haste cap in my current gear, but is it worth going for it right now or just going straight Crit after the Hit cap?

I find that my DOTs are going to fall off outside of Eclipse, so I'm refreshing them just before I leave the current eclipse, which would mean the extra ticks would be wasted anyway right? or would 5273 haste mean i can get from Eclipse->Eclipse without needing to refresh them mid way?

With that haste cap is it worth just refreshing them when they are about to drop off even if its outside of Eclipse? (The extra ticks make up for the loss of an eclipsed dot + all that crit)

Cheers.
    Go haste. This is extra characters still telling you to go haste.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

it all depends really. if you look at top logs for feng and elegon the biggest dps is coming from haste reforges, however on the multi-dot fights the best dps is coming from heavy crit reforge or a balance between the two. unless you want to reforge for every single fight just choose which is more valuable to you and your raid.

its quite intuitive really:

single target w/ haste = higher nature's grace and more starfires
    multi target w/ crit = more starsurge procs