Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The love for MOP is only based the hate of cata. Fanboys were disappointed with Cata, they want MOP to be great, so one single good thing about MOP will turn into the best thing ever invented in a game.
    Truth is MOP is just a bit better than cata, no more. Absolutely not better than any other expansion.

OP you nailed exactly why i hate mop and i'm not playing it anymore after hitting 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love mop so far i don't really like having to get revered with factions to get valour but i see how it has made alot of people go out into the world rather than sitting in the horde/ alliance city :P

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    The love for MOP is only based the hate of cata. Fanboys were disappointed with Cata, they want MOP to be great, so one single good thing about MOP will turn into the best thing ever invented in a game.
    Truth is MOP is just a bit better than cata, no more. Absolutely not better than any other expansion.
    Right...you enjoy something therefor you must be a fanboy 0o

I FUCKING HATE THIS GODDAMN DAILY GRIND SHIT!

I hate doing upwards of 75 mandatory fucking quests a day. For me the best balance betwen dailies and content was in Wotlk.

PvP dailies from Winter, PvE dailies at the tournament or at some faction cluster. Then daily LFD and you spent the rest of your time running random BGs for honor converting it into Epic gems, supplying yourself and making a buck.

But you only done all this if you felt like it. Logging in only to raid or do arenas was equally viable. I hate this fucking mandatory grind shit.

I refuse to play Pokewow and as a raider I am fucking forced trough this goddamn grind shit.

FU! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

*edit* Calmed down a bit now.

Seriously, you should not force people to do more then 15 dailies. Ever. It's just counter productive and causes burn out and frustration. Systems like repu tokens that you can buy with Justice/Honor should exist to give alternate ways to grind repu. Something like 300 Justice or Honor for 200 Reputation or something like that. Give a reason to run HC's and do BG's and same time an alternate option to grind reputation for those who HATE doing the same piece of shit dailies a bazillion times hours on end.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2012-10-12 at 11:06 PM.

because OP doesnt like MoP it seems strange that other people like it.

heres a tip OP, quit the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Well, please let me know about a MMORPG that changed anything about the questing types than WoW. And please don't say GW2, because that would make you look like a "fucking retard". Yes, MMOs are forever destined to have the "kill 37 billion boars" quests, or the fetch quest or the "protect the dude while he's doing some shit" quests, sorry. At least WoW has tried something else too

What you should do if you got ilevel 460 and you don't like to do dailies or pvp or level alts of farm something random? It's simple: you raid or you quit. Or just pay the subscription and whine how bored you are

And yes, scenarios are completely retarded, I don't think I've completed 3 from about 10 attempts. Always someone dies and then leaves, bleah
    GW2 has done something diffrent with the questing and it works brilliantly, feels fresh and relaxing like it should be not like some tedious obligation you don't want.

the main argument i see is basically

"i want to grind my face into the wall over and over again for a day or two straight and get everything done instead of doing it slowly one day at a time"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I FUCKING HATE THIS GODDAMN DAILY GRIND SHIT!

I hate doing upwards of 75 mandatory fucking quests a day. For me the best balance betwen dailies and content was in Wotlk.

PvP dailies from Winter, PvE dailies at the tournament or at some faction cluster. Then daily LFD and you spent the rest of your time running random BGs for honor converting it into Epic gems, supplying yourself and making a buck.

But you only done all this if you felt like it. Logging in only to raid or do arenas was equally viable. I hate this fucking mandatory grind shit.

I refuse to play Pokewow and as a raider I am fucking forced trough this goddamn grind shit.

FU! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

*edit* Calmed down a bit now.

Seriously, you should not force people to do more then 15 dailies. Ever. It's just counter productive and causes burn out and frustration. Systems like repu tokens that you can buy with Justice/Honor should exist to give alternate ways to grind repu. Something like 300 Justice or Honor for 200 Reputation or something like that. Give a reason to run HC's and do BG's and same time an alternate option to grind reputation for those who HATE doing the same piece of shit dailies a bazillion times hours on end.
    Get a grip. You're not forced to do dailies. You CHOOSE to do them. No one is holding a gun to your head. Grow the fuck up and take responsibility for your actions.

Oh and.... "But I need VP gear!!!" 1) No, you WANT it. You don't NEED it to start raiding. And 2) you can only get 1000VP a week. So after you've done whatever you want to do to get those, you have no reason to run dailies for VP. If you do, say, Klaxxi and GL you'll be revered with those factions in 3, maybe 4 weeks.

Math isn't that hard. Use it.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Get a grip. You're not forced to do dailies. You CHOOSE to do them. No one is holding a gun to your head. Grow the fuck up and take responsibility for your actions.

Oh and.... "But I need VP gear!!!" 1) No, you WANT it. You don't NEED it to start raiding. And 2) you can only get 1000VP a week. So after you've done whatever you want to do to get those, you have no reason to run dailies for VP. If you do, say, Klaxxi and GL you'll be revered with those factions in 3, maybe 4 weeks.

Math isn't that hard. Use it.

You amuse me cupcake.

Yes I AM FORCED TO GRIND REP. I'm forced to do so because unless I raise my different Reps I cant get valor gear. Several of the Valor pieces are needed as a pre Heroic raid gear. Altought maybe your raid can do without, it would be way suboptimal and one person not being arsed to get the stuff he must for raiding is just being an ass, and most likely would not be tolerated either. Anyways I dont give a shit about actual valor. There are other ways to cap that. What I am talking about is the fucking Reputation grind. And---Grow the fuck up and take responsibility for your actions. ---What? Huh? That doesn't even make sense for the love of God. L2Read before you reply to shit maybe? Cupcake.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2012-10-13 at 04:12 AM.

I think what we're meant to take away from this thread is that there need to be clinics for people who are physically incapable of putting down a game and walking away from it, because posting about how much you want to leave on forums clearly isn't doing the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the choice you people claim I have is that I have the choice to not want the things attached to dailies. Well first of all that's a non choice but even if you insist that it is wtf kind of choice is that?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    You amuse me cupcake.

Yes I AM FORCED TO GRIND REP. I'm forced to do so because unless I raise my different Reps I cant get valor gear. Several of the Valor pieces are needed as a pre Heroic raid gear. Altought maybe your raid can do without, it would be way suboptimal and one person not being arsed to get the stuff he must for raiding is just being an ass, and most likely would not be tolerated either. Anyways I dont give a shit about actual valor. There are other ways to cap that. What I am talking about is the fucking Reputation grind. And---Grow the fuck up and take responsibility for your actions. ---What? Huh? That doesn't even make sense for the love of God. L2Read before you reply to shit maybe? Cupcake.

OCD is a bitch. Should probably get help for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Please read Blizzards official blogs on these things before posting nonsense here.
    The only one posting nonsense is you and Blizzard. Just because dream paragon got worlds first without valor DOESN"T mean his progression raiding guild won't require or benefit from him having valor gear or charms or whatever. The "choice" you people keep insisting that I have is that I can close my eyes and say lalalalalalal NO GEAR FROM DAILIES IGNORE IT well that is a non choice in my books. I mean Blizzard has done NOTHING but remove road blocks over the years and then to turn around and do this I don't know why anyone takes them at their word. Dailes are THE WAY to go because it is the BEST way to go. PERIOD. FACT. If the alternatives presented were just as good then I wouldn't have a problem. As it stands now their is no other way to spend valor and no other way to access raid quality gear outside of crafting. In other words. YOU NEED DAILY GEAR. Period. End of story.

Please think before you post nonsense. I know it's easy to spout the party line but it doesn't do your argument any service. This is cataclysm 2.0. The same absurd people are spouting the same absurd nonsense and doing nothing but spouting the party line in an attempt to defend decisions that are wholly regressive and indeed harmful to the player base at large. Expect a blog and then expect more nerfs. I'll be back in a couple months when they get rid of all of this bullshit.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-13 at 06:10 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The only one posting nonsense is you and Blizzard. Just because dream paragon got worlds first without valor DOESN"T mean his progression raiding guild won't require or benefit from him having valor gear or charms or whatever. The "choice" you people keep insisting that I have is that I can close my eyes and say lalalalalalal NO GEAR FROM DAILIES IGNORE IT well that is a non choice in my books. I mean Blizzard has done NOTHING but remove road blocks over the years and then to turn around and do this I don't know why anyone takes them at their word. Dailes are THE WAY to go because it is the BEST way to go. PERIOD. FACT. If the alternatives presented were just as good then I wouldn't have a problem. As it stands now their is no other way to spend valor and no other way to access raid quality gear outside of crafting. In other words. YOU NEED DAILY GEAR. Period. End of story.

Please think before you post nonsense. I know it's easy to spout the party line but it doesn't do your argument any service.
    oh god...who cares if you go into a raid with an itemlevel of 470 with daily quest epics or if you use 463 from heroics? nobody, exactly. And once you entered the raid and are not completely unable to get things done, raidgear kind of negates daily quest epics. so YOU start thinking before posting nonsense. as one above told you, you WANT the epics, because you think you cant raid with heroic gear. thats your false mindset. go get your daily epics and pathetically complain all the time for doing it...

I dont get why people feel forced to grind rep. I am still neutral or maybe even friendly with GL though I was level 90 the day after launch. Blizzard found a good balance between dailies being rewarding and still not mandatory. I dont care if have those strange coins to get extra loot - havent used any so far. The only daily quests I do are the order of the cloud serpent. I want a serpent, that's all, so 3 dailies in about 5-10 minutes every day if I feel like it are enough. I still raid and downed 4 bosses so far. No need to ever go for dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkoron View Post
    oh god...who cares if you go into a raid with an itemlevel of 470 with daily quest epics or if you use 463 from heroics? nobody, exactly. And once you entered the raid and are not completely unable to get things done, raidgear kind of negates daily quest epics. so YOU start thinking before posting nonsense. as one above told you, you WANT the epics, because you think you cant raid with heroic gear. thats your false mindset. go get your daily epics and pathetically complain all the time for doing it...

I dont get why people feel forced to grind rep. I am still neutral or maybe even friendly with GL though I was level 90 the day after launch. Blizzard found a good balance between dailies being rewarding and still not mandatory. I dont care if have those strange coins to get extra loot - havent used any so far. The only daily quests I do are the order of the cloud serpent. I want a serpent, that's all, so 3 dailies in about 5-10 minutes every day if I feel like it are enough. I still raid and downed 4 bosses so far. No need to ever go for dailies.
    Really? I mean I could use this argument with SOOOOOOO many other things. Who cares if you took that 5% dps talent? Seriously NOBODY exacly. Yet the talents just had to be changed to present you people with choice. Yes I want the epics and since the only way to do it is through dailies then I am FORCED TO DO DAILIES. Look the argument you fucking people are presenting is that I can close my eyes and say lalalalaalalalal NO PROGRESSION THERE and just ignore it. I could also not sub and not log in. It is semantically the same argument. I guess everything is choice in wow. I wonder how long it takes bnefore people realize the sub is a choice as well.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Akkoron View Post

no guild would even remotely be okay with an attitude like this. not even most casual ones.

if you want to be a raider, you do 100% of the things you can do to be ready, or you lose the spot. This is a reality in MOST guilds. If someone is to lazy to grind rep to get free epics, no guild worth their salt would keep them in the line up.

kids these days need to be spoon fed their enertainment.blizz lays out a whole fantasy game world with tons of different things to do everyday, as many posters here have pointed out, yet so many folks "cant find anythng to do" ...really? maybe its time you "cant find anything to do" types invest in another game.not only does blizz give you more stuff than you could possible do in a day but you can go out and make your own agenda and adventures.unfortunately for many of todays gamers this is too hard.

reminds when i once told my niece , who has her face buried in her laptop, cellphone in hand 24 /7 that when i was her age(teens) i went outside sometimes and found stuff to do,made my own fun.she pointed at me and laughed and said "that must have sucked"..... kids these days

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AusSpyder View Post
    First of all, the quests, while numerous, were unoriginal and uninspired. The overwhelming majority of them followed the same format Blizzard have used since Vanilla. Kill X of something, collect X of something, pick up poo, do the safari, etc.
    The same as any other MMO then. Even so, there were a lot of quests, they told the story of Pandaria fairly well, theywer relatively diverse and....for now....the system doesn't appear to be overly linear. Four Winds was great fun and the story of Gizmo and Socks, for some reason, still stands out as a highlight. There were also quests where you used vehicles, or had arcade elements such as a shooting gallery.

I'm also not sure what else could be added quest wise, what sort of quest you want that wasn't there.

Dungeons are completely irrelevant after you hit ilvl 460. You don't grind them for valor, Justice is completely worthless and you get 0 rep from them. The time investment isn't even remotely worth the amount of gold you get.
    They've always largely been irrelevant once you've geared up. The decline in gold reward is also game wide, and not just limited to dungeons. The decline in VP is unfortunate - the current level is too low to justify the time.

Scenarios are even worse, because not only do they offer no benefits like dungeons, but they only have a 10% or whatever chance of you even getting a reward.
    They are also usually fairly quick and often fun.

Dailys are so long, so boring, and give so little.
    Dailies are an integral part of the game but yes, at this stage one Blizzard relies on too heavily even with the variations.

Pet battles are new, but just like the game it's based on it's far more affective to just steamroll the npc's. Pet battle's in PVP is simply a case of queue up, wait 10 minutes and then your opponent forfeits unless he has a huge type/level advantage to your pets. Neither of these things are very fun or exciting
    They are content and the huge level difference aspect is going to be a lot less relecvant once you get levelled up. As it is, there are still some improvemnts to the system that can and should be made and likely will be.

Farming is mildly interesting but extremely limited and repetitive. First couple day's its kinda cool, then you just do the same thing every day
    It's new and different. And like LFR, scenarios, Pet Battles, etc its still new. Like those, it is also something that shows a lot of promise and potential should Blizzard choose to develop it.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    kids these days need to be spoon fed their enertainment.blizz lays out a whole fantasy game world with tons of different things to do everyday, as many posters here have pointed out, yet so many folks "cant find anythng to do" ...really? maybe its time you "cant find anything to do" types invest in another game.not only does blizz give you more stuff than you could possible do in a day but you can go out and make your own agenda and adventures.unfortunately for many of todays gamers this is too hard.

reminds when i once told my niece , who has her face buried in her laptop, cellphone in hand 24 /7 that when i was her age(teens) i went outside sometimes and found stuff to do,made my own fun.she pointed at me and laughed and said "that must have sucked"..... kids these days
    Dailes and more over the change they made to how people progress in this game has removed any sense of fantasy from it and made it more apparent that in reality it's just one giant skinner box. I am so disillusioned by what they've done.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 06:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

They've always largely been irrelevant once you've geared up.

EJL

That is simply false. I ran those dragon soul dungeons so many times even though I didn't need a single piece of gear from there. They provided valor points at an excellent rate and that allowed me to purchase gear well above their level without the need for daily bullshit. Never mind the fact that I did them on countless alts as pain free and enjoyable as possible. No they are vastly unrewarding now and I basically have no use for them anymore. Expect a sharp rise in que times shortly.
    The hammer comes down:

I agree with op sadly. Rep grinds and dailies should not be considered viable end game content. The scenarios are terrible, did a few, all horrible, kept getting that dam one with the monkeys and beer gathering... Terrible. We get to look forward to more of these and more dailies as well.. Not all that impressed with mop so far, only have been doing the improtant dailies on one character though anyways. Not enjoyable, overly long, way to many and painful... Seeing if not doing any on my other character effect them at all, so far they sit at 463 ilvl with nothing to do.