Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #241
    I agree with op sadly. Rep grinds and dailies should not be considered viable end game content. The scenarios are terrible, did a few, all horrible, kept getting that dam one with the monkeys and beer gathering... Terrible. We get to look forward to more of these and more dailies as well.. Not all that impressed with mop so far, only have been doing the improtant dailies on one character though anyways. Not enjoyable, overly long, way to many and painful... Seeing if not doing any on my other character effect them at all, so far they sit at 463 ilvl with nothing to do.

  2. #242
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post

    That doesn't mean that nostalgia is a bad thing or means that whatever you say is not true or stupid. Many people on this forum think it's cool to say "nostalgia" or "rose tinted glasses" while it doesn't mean anything. It's simply just trolling when you say those things and nothing more.
    Once again, I agree with you. Did not say it was good or bad to be honest. But the fact remains that the times have changed. Lot of people have nice memories of the 50's or 60'or whatever period in time. That doesn't mean we should return to those times. Just shows that you probably were in a happy place in that period of time....

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 11:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I agree with op sadly. Rep grinds and dailies should not be considered viable end game content. The scenarios are terrible, did a few, all horrible, kept getting that dam one with the monkeys and beer gathering... Terrible. We get to look forward to more of these and more dailies as well.. Not all that impressed with mop so far, only have been doing the improtant dailies on one character though anyways. Not enjoyable, overly long, way to many and painful... Seeing if not doing any on my other character effect them at all, so far they sit at 463 ilvl with nothing to do.
    - Well, you can only do the dailies at 90, so that basically makes it endgame content... and I think it is. Maybe not th emost fun part, but still it is. You don't have to do the stuff, especially compared to Wrath where you would feel more obliged to do them becauzse you needed the faction shoulder or head enchantments.
    Today it is fairly optional, because let's face it, once you get into LFR and raiding, the epic sold by the Klaxxi for example don't matter that much anymore and you only grind for the mounts....

  3. #243
    I only play WoW for raiding and heroic mode seems to be very cool. Hope they wont nerf it!

  4. #244
    The Lightbringer Amulree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    - Well, you can only do the dailies at 90, so that basically makes it endgame content... and I think it is. Maybe not th emost fun part, but still it is. You don't have to do the stuff, especially compared to Wrath where you would feel more obliged to do them becauzse you needed the faction shoulder or head enchantments.
    Whether or not dailies are legitimate content is a discussion that interests me, actually. For my money, content is done once you've completed a full run-through but I can accept why people view dailies as fair endgame content. As time has moved on, people seem to be frustrated about a couple of things more than any other:

    1) Your only option for rep-grinding is dailies.
    2) There are too many reps to get through.
    3) The Golden Lotus gate was needless.
    4) Four grinds are not optional due to Valor.

    The saddest part is that Blizzard, instead of listening to how players feel, simply refute these claims blindly. That's what's annoying people, I think; the fact Blizzard just don't appear to value their opinion at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Today it is fairly optional, because let's face it, once you get into LFR and raiding, the epic sold by the Klaxxi for example don't matter that much anymore and you only grind for the mounts....
    You do the Klaxxi because they're awesome. :P

  5. #245
    Mechagnome Proxeneta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far north of everything
    Posts
    716
    The scenario with the monkey stuff on the beach, jesus christ I wanted to kill myself.

  6. #246
    The only thing I agree with is about Scenarios... Blizzard should do something to reward them better.
    Apart from that, the expansion is awesome... so much to do, I don't even have enought time for everything.

  7. #247
    Mechagnome Hyrk Dyrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    619
    I gotta admit myself that the daily quest grind in this expansion is boring as hell, mainly because of the large amount of dailys. I pretty much gave up doing all dailys, so now I'm just doing the Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailys. As for Scenarios, yes, they ain't really worth it, Blizzard should make them more awarding.

    Other than that, I enjoy MoP so far, Heroics are quite too easy if you ask me, but else it's pretty great.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Cmooon cmooon this is the same forum that argued tooth and nail that running two iccs felt sooooooo mandatory and how great it was they merged lockouts. This is the same game company that won't give a pvp honor weapon because ghostcrawler things EVERY PVE GUY would feel forced to do it. Cmoon it's soooooo obvious that dailies stand out...
    It's extremely different, Valor gear from dailies is made obsolete very very soon by NORMAL raids. It's not like in WOTLK where you could buy a full (and lasting) set which expecially for 10 men normal raiders was BiS.

  9. #249
    Scenarios needs some tuning - the rewards simply aren't good enough for the time it takes to do them. I think most of them are fun though

    The thing that's starting to get to me regarding dailies, which i thought were fine for my main, is how it works with alts. Right now my druid alt is sitting on almost 2000vp with nothing to spend it on. I could grind out the rep but truth be told the golden lotus dailies aren't fun for me and i simply can't stand doing them twice a day, same goes for Klaxxi
    What i don't understand is why they would give the valor buff to alts once your main is capped yet still force you to grind the rep to be able to use those points. It really doesn't make any sense to me
    Last edited by jn2002dk; 2012-10-21 at 01:22 PM.
    This is absolutely the attitude and language that, in this community, needs to go sit in the corner for a while. If you can't stand the thought of there being multiple difficulty tiers of content -- into which we pour a lot of our development efforts -- to make raiding feasible for more than 2% of players, hit Heroic mode, turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care

  10. #250
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,270
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    What i don't understand is why they would give the valor buff to alts once your main is capped yet still force you to grind the rep to be able to use those points. It really doesn't make any sense to me
    It's called artificially gating the content. I.E, making the illusion that there are things to do. It prevents you from taking something you potentially already earned and blowing through their current content...which increases overall discontent and complaints. This would in turn force them to have to rapidly produce new, actual content which they clearly don't have the capability of doing.

    To be fair though, they are adding a buff in 5.1 where once one character is revered with a faction all of your rep is doubled. So as long as you spent that time on your main it will be twice as fast through the whole process on alts. (and exalted on your main if you haven't done it)

  11. #251
    Scenarios are indeed shaping up to be the big failure of the expansion. Even if they were rewarding, they aren't particularly fun (IMO). I think they just dropped the ball on it.

    It's interesting to compare Rift's rifts to MoP's scenarios. The Rift have more people, have less friction to enter/leave, and don't try to tell a story. Scenarios would have been more interesting if they'd been more like PvE battlegrounds and less like instanced group quests.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    Huh. The only reason my minimum ilvl gear is 463 is because of scenarios. I have had plenty of drops in them. Certainly higher than 10%. It also was what got me into heroic dungeons.
    Your experience is not common unless they've ninja buffed the droprates in the last two days.

    I'm starting to absolutely hate MoP worse than I ever disliked Cataclysm because of the gearing brick wall. I'm currently stuck at a gearing level due to the fucking horrendous design of triple-gated Valor gear: you've got the reputation limit, the actual valor per week limit, and the rate at which you gain Valor. Regardless of what oblivious people think dailies are absolutely mandatory in any sense of the word no matter how you try to slice it. Further more, people trying to say you can do your dailies within one hour are fucking liars because if nothing else the elite quest for Shado-Pan will slow you down as there's only six on the entire island and they are not quest-sharable like every other damned quest mob.

    Then there's the new LFR loot system which has me || close to quitting. There are people with bad luck and then there's me. 5.0.4 for four weeks I ran LFR as something to do for gear on two alts. In four weeks I got nothing but gold drops (that's 64 boss kills for those with bad math skills, btw). I've killed Sha of Anger twice so far with bonus rolls with nothing but gold to show for it and a full LFR run with bonus rolls with nothing but gold to show for it. Based on the fact that my guild fell apart when I took a break and it's virtually fucking impossible to join an existing guild as a tank in this game I'm almost to the point of staring at the login screen wondering why I keep playing.

    It's almost to the point where I'm waiting on the revamp of FFXIV to come out just to give it a shot because right now, no matter how beautiful Pandaria looks and the story is somewhat engaging, it isn't worth playing with the constant non-loot taunts from world bosses and LFR and the absolutely ridiculous rep grinds. Reputation has *never* been this bad to grind outside of a very small handful (i.e. Dire Maul), because even back in Vanilla most quests that gave rep would give at least 150-200. People trying to say "NO IT WUZ LIEK DIS IN TBC LOL!L!L!L!" obviously didn't play it: you could max out all TBC reputations within a week if you pushed for it because the 70 dungeons gave reputation naturally (with the heroics giving slightly more). Every single reputation had some way to either allow you to leisurely finish or quickly get it over with -- that is completely absent in MoP.

    This expansion is just another example of the typical Blizzard MO of "If it's not broke, fix it."

    EDIT: And other posters are right: there's absolutely no fucking way I'm leveling an alt with this style of reputation grind.

    Plus, only fools and idiots state that dailies aren't mandatory. Until you can get elder coins from another source they are mandatory: period. There is no discussion or leeway on this issue. If you care about character progression at all, it's a forced grind that you can not get around in any way, shape, or form.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2012-10-21 at 02:29 PM.

  13. #253
    What's good:
    Quests: original + they tell the background story very well. Also love the fact that questing is the fastest way to level;
    No flying till 90; the experience is much better if you cant fly while questing;
    Flexibility; you can earn valour points in many different ways;
    Enough content; there's enough to keep one character busy for a whole week;
    War between horde/alliance; neglected in previous expansions, looking forward to next patch.

    What can be improved:
    PVP; step up from normal bg's to rbg is to big. IMO normal bg's should be for fun, arena for the most competitive and RBG's somewhere in the middle in difficulty.
    Last edited by Mayden; 2012-10-21 at 02:54 PM.

  14. #254
    Fluffy Kitten Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,177
    I think MoP has been a mixed expansion that has left a positive impression on me since its followed up from the very poor cataclysm. I enjoyed my first fortnight playing it though some things have begun to grate since, some of the things I liked and didn't like:

    Positives of MoP:

    • No flying when leveling for better immersion.
    • A variety of options for obtaining VP
    • Heroic dungeons difficulty and length tuned smartly for smooth progression.
    • Scenarios are a fun idea similar to the challenge of soloing old content having to manage all aspects of attack/defence/healing on yourself.
    • Pet battles are a fun and engaging side game that add a nice purpose to companions.
    • Open ended questing
    • The Tillers and farming is exactly the kind of "different" experience we need as a quest hub.
    • There's enough content and plenty of things to do so far.
    • The new system of rares offering a challenge and a chance of a novelty item / boe epic makes them really appealing.
    • New LFR loot system. Blizzard needs to move away from the model of feeling competition against your teammates in many ways but this is a start.
    • Black AH, giving an outlet to buy otherwise unobtainable items for obscene amounts of cash is a great idea.

    Negatives of MoP:

    • The World Boss system encouraging the camp and tag mentality.
    • The gearing progression curve from leveled to heroics to LFR seems a bit skewed. Justice Points are worthless making the transition awkward.
    • Quest zones less memorable or distinctive than the likes of Vash or Uldum from cata, particularly dread wastes and krasarang.
    • Daily overload and many feel the compulsion to complete them because of the valor rewards. Add in the gating and it feels like a lazy way to artificially slow down progression.
    • Archaeology. A few new items which carry very little appeal while the bulk of the content appears to come from a huge amount of new achievements rewarding little more than aimless and excessive grinding.
    • The continued fall of 25 man raiding and a local community sense is having a great impact on realms and the numbers actually raiding. Without the stable communities and guilds I'd worry for the long term stability. This isn't something new in MoP but it certainly hasn't fixed or improved the situation.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Plus, only fools and idiots state that dailies aren't mandatory. Until you can get elder coins from another source they are mandatory: period. There is no discussion or leeway on this issue. If you care about character progression at all, it's a forced grind that you can not get around in any way, shape, or form.
    You need 90 quests/week for the coins. That's a moderate grind, compared to what you would do if you were trying to earn rep in all available factions at the maximum rate.

    Correction: 45 quests/week.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2012-10-21 at 03:40 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    if you're bored of wow, you're bored of wow. no expac is going to fix that.
    Im bored because of the expansions, a rly cool themed expansion could remove that

  17. #257
    Stood in the Fire Tovarish24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by AusSpyder View Post
    First of all, the quests, while numerous, were unoriginal and uninspired. The overwhelming majority of them followed the same format Blizzard have used since Vanilla. Kill X of something, collect X of something, pick up poo, do the safari, etc.

    I don't pvp, so I won't offer any comments on it, however I haven't heard anything new and exciting. Seems to be people just complaining about the flavor of the month dominating. Nothing new here

    Dungeons are completely irrelevant after you hit ilvl 460. You don't grind them for valor, Justice is completely worthless and you get 0 rep from them. The time investment isn't even remotely worth the amount of gold you get.

    Scenarios are even worse, because not only do they offer no benefits like dungeons, but they only have a 10% or whatever chance of you even getting a reward.

    Dailys are so long, so boring, and give so little. Definitely not the worst grind I've gone through *cough* insane *cough*, but for borderline mandatory content it's excessive and there's only one option to do it. If I could grind rep in dungeons with friends I would. Once they're all done we're not going to do them again, but we will prob be given another 2 hours of borderline mandatory dailys in a future patch

    Pet battles are new, but just like the game it's based on it's far more affective to just steamroll the npc's. Pet battle's in PVP is simply a case of queue up, wait 10 minutes and then your opponent forfeits unless he has a huge type/level advantage to your pets. Neither of these things are very fun or exciting

    Farming is mildly interesting but extremely limited and repetitive. First couple day's its kinda cool, then you just do the same thing every day

    So now at level 90 with 460+ ilvl. gear i'm finding myself bored out of my mind. What do I do after my long arse 2 hour dailys grind? Do I level an alt through the million new quests that give no XP while all the other insanely bored 90's fly overhead pouncing on everyone while they wait for their queues to pop? Do I queue for dungeons/scenarios I don't need? Do I queue for pet battles hoping someone will stay long enough for me to get a win?

    The only new activity I would do more of would be farming but I'm locked out for a day and alts can't get any rep from it
    Well for starters Kill X/Collect Y is inevitable. It's an MMO. We see this argument every expansion, and it's like, seriously? That's how the game works. They're not going to fix what isn't broken. And quite frankly I thought tons of the MoP leveling quests were awesome. You have to look beyond the pale of "Collect X" and see like, ok I'm killing these dudes in a cool way for cool reasons. I thought the leveling experience was totally original compared to previous expansions.

    I agree that dailies suck and that's all I'll say on that matter.

    PvP while horrifically imbalanced, isn't all bad. We got two, very cool, new BG's that for the first time in YEARS aren't A: A reskin, or B: Some stupid Vehicle kill Wall BG. Plus a new arena that has some really weird feeling and interesting play too it. I'm enjoying learning the styles of how people use the map.

    Pet battles should be something you do in free time, where you maybe go fight a couple of "Tamers" and stuff, or catch new pets, or work out a better line-up. If queing for PB's is where your opinion comes from, then try getting out more with PB's.

    Scenarios are meh, but hey, it's a free 30 valor and you get to kill stuff right?

    Dungeons aren't useless at 460, they are at 463. Quite frankly, I don't really know many if any people who later in an expansion said "God I really wanna do heroic 5 mans right now." so I'm not really worried about that one. They are fun and cool. They offer new mechanics we're not used to in 5 mans. PLUS CHALLENGE MODES DUDE COME ON.

    TL;DR / @OP ::: Ok, so what it seems like here, is that you (the OP) have spent most if not all of your time doing Que'd content. Which in MoP is not how you are supposed to play. I'm assuming you're casual because you didn't bring up Raids Arena or Challenge Modes. Maybe try those? If you're not doing those 3 things, then you're not experiencing all the content, and therefore you can't really say why you don't see the allure of MoP. Stop queing for Pet Battles and do them how you're supposed to. Say fuck it to dailies. Que up for Raid Finder to get a couple purples and then join a PuG MGSV Raid. Jump into the new BG's and grab some honor gear. Try arena. This is all stuff you haven't even done yet. MoP is the Anti-Que expansion, learn to play it that way.
    [GW2 : Devona's Rest: Mesmer] [Firefall Beta : Assault Recon] [Diablo 3 : Barbarian]
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 90 Mage, 86 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 65 Druid, 26 Monk

  18. #258
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    305
    Plus, only fools and idiots state that dailies aren't mandatory. Until you can get elder coins from another source they are mandatory: period. There is no discussion or leeway on this issue. If you care about character progression at all, it's a forced grind that you can not get around in any way, shape, or form.
    Seems like the only Idiot here is you. Quite obvious you cant think outside the box at all. So lets take a 2nd look at this Bullshit.

    If you care about character progression at all, it's a forced grind that you can not get around in any way, shape, or form
    What if my characters progression is PvP? Oh! Guess you didnt think about then because Coins are worthless. Good try tho but not really.

    FINISH HIM!!!

    Okay, so to end it. My alt Warlock never does Daily's Period. Yet Ive won my weapon and 3 other items from LFR and have quite good gear. Showing that you clearly vaule that 2nd roll as a must proofs how stupid you are. Get over it.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  19. #259
    Pandaren Monk GeordieMagpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    U.K,England, Newcastle
    Posts
    1,832
    That's the same as saying. All Shooters are

    Aim at X
    Shoot at X
    Dodge Y's shots.

    Or all Racing games are

    Beat X in race.

    or all Fighting games are

    Beat X In fight, Dodge X's moves.

    --Want me to continue? ...Also, WoW's storyline is very, very good, sure blizz does a retcon here and there but the lore is still alot better than most games out nowadays, the gameplay is still fun, I tried out GW2..guess what? I preffer WoW. <.< WoW is just great, now if they could finsih those damned new models that would be great.
    Howay the lads!

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by AusSpyder View Post
    First of all, the quests, while numerous, were unoriginal and uninspired. The overwhelming majority of them followed the same format Blizzard have used since Vanilla. Kill X of something, collect X of something, pick up poo, do the safari, etc.
    Quest will always be like this, even in Guildwars2 its kill x of those, collect x of those, escort this to there or guard this x seconds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •