BM pet choice regarding pure damage.

Hello,

I would like to know wich pet is the most beneficial to a BM hunter.
    I know it basicaly comes down to whatever buff the raid is missing, but let's say i'm questing and i want a pet wich does the highest damage.
    Also one wich gives me the most damage during stampede in a raid environment.

Thanks for your answers.

Ferocity pets are all the same dps.

I usually go for Sporebat, wolf, spirit beast cat, raptor, and hyena depends what raid buff/debuff are missing

For leveling, i use sporebat as tank as survival. Usually i could go for turtle.

Sporebat... it does ridiculous damage.
    Trust me, I'm an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Ferocity pets are all the same dps.

I usually go for Sporebat, wolf, spirit beast cat, raptor, and hyena depends what raid buff/debuff are missing

For leveling, i use sporebat as tank as survival. Usually i could go for turtle.
    Sporebat is useless for a hunter, though, 5% spell haste ^_^.
    Best pet for questing is a wolf, hyena, or cat depending on your preference.
    Best pet setup for stampede is wolf/hyena/cat/corehound/whatever gives 12% armor debuff (forgot) for questing. 5% crit, 10% IAS, Mastery, Bloodlust, and armor reduc on enemy.

Is it still worth using a worm for burrow attack or did they nerf that to much?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Sporebat is useless for a hunter
    Blasphemy.

i use a quillen for battle ress in 25 man raids, same pet for solo cause of crit buff and whatever is missing 10 mans I switch pet accordingly.
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

What about shale spiders solo? Does the extra agility beat out the crit or mastery from a wolf or a cat?

I am using a Spirit beast just cause it will heal itself whole soloing.

My team is - Water Strider (crit) - Boar (4% damage taken) - Hyena (windfurry) - Spirit Beast (mastery) - Raptor (12% armor reduction)
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-10-11 at 05:27 PM.

Sporebat. Simple as that. Just, sporebat.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Sporebat. Simple as that. Just, sporebat.
    This is true, video explains it:

But honestly, they are not the same DPS if some bring buffs and some don't, or different kind of buffs. In a raid environment this may not matter, solo or in dungeons it does.

can someone explain the sporebat thing? i am sure its some inside joke as ive never seen a hunter with a sporebat :<

OT: i really like my Rhino! he has a cool knockback which is just so fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If everyone were liberals, there would be no terrorism - just sayin'.

As Draco mentioned earlier the best choices for solo are wolf (crit) > cat (mastery) > hyena (haste) in terms of the best possible buff for the hunter.
    I tend to use a spirit beast for solo as the heal comes in quite handy, or a hyena as mostly i AoE everything, and the extra haste gives me a lot more MS, and allows me to keep beast cleave close to 100% uptime.

In raid environment you just fill in the missing buff, if there is more then one have the missing pet buff stabled so you can get a fully buffed raid for some time, and as it should be saved for BL unless it would cos you and extra cast filling more then one missing buff/debuff on BL can be a great increase for your raid.

Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Can't go wrong with a sporebat .