Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    It kinda came out of T12 HC gear as one of the strongest single target specs, it had great scaling from the T12 bonus and the T13 bonus synergised well with Sdance too, so it did have a lot going for it. On fights like Morchok too it was so far ahead it was kind of a joke, but it still wasnt that widely used on Morchok HC even, people simply played combat more.
    That wasn't because of single target damage. That was because you could cloak every phase and stay in the whole time. Morchok was also stupidly easy which probably caused a lot of people not to care enough to bother. It was strong at the end of t12, but above combat? I don't think so. And again, no'kaled was insanely strong. What were your dagger options during the time period before the first guilds went 8/8? A 403 off dw with no proc, 397 p1 daggers, 410 fast dagger off of hag. No'kaled was way, way better than those for combat.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    It kinda came out of T12 HC gear as one of the strongest single target specs, it had great scaling from the T12 bonus and the T13 bonus synergised well with Sdance too, so it did have a lot going for it. On fights like Morchok too it was so far ahead it was kind of a joke, but it still wasnt that widely used on Morchok HC even, people simply played combat more.
    The reason Subt damage was so good on Morchok is it could DPS through Black Blood before the nerfs because of all the AoE damage reduction.

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    5,937
    Why do people think I dont know why Sub was ahead of Combat for Morchok?

    My point stands that very few HC raiders went Sub even though it was far superior for Morchok.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  4. #24
    Sub was strong even before T12. I used it for Cho'gall/Nefarian/Omnotron/Halfus/Valiona. It was pretty much equal in DPS at best (this being before the SV buff), but it was great for a lot of fights.

    T12 2pc bonus was quite insane, even if Shannox/Baleroc/Majordomo were the only good fights for Subtlety. Assassination was best for Ragnaros and Alysrazor flying I guess, while Combat was for everything else.

    I actually played very little of it in T13. Just Morchok and Yor'Sahj (where I focused the boss only), since I never did Spine/Madness.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    Sub was strong even before T12. I used it for Cho'gall/Nefarian/Omnotron/Halfus/Valiona. It was pretty much equal in DPS at best (this being before the SV buff), but it was great for a lot of fights.

    T12 2pc bonus was quite insane, even if Shannox/Baleroc/Majordomo were the only good fights for Subtlety. Assassination was best for Ragnaros and Alysrazor flying I guess, while Combat was for everything else.

    I actually played very little of it in T13. Just Morchok and Yor'Sahj (where I focused the boss only), since I never did Spine/Madness.
    I'm not saying it was bad in FL. I think being even is probably fair. It wasn't clearly superior though, it was roughly equal. So expecting people to equally use a spec that is roughly equal but requires them to swap stuff around isn't the same as expecting them to use a obviously superior spec on non trivial progression content like vaults. There is also the fact that in DS, sub didn't have its no'kaled level insanely awesome weapon until at least p2 daggers which took ~4 weeks by which time the guilds of those rogues in question had finished progression anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Why do people think I dont know why Sub was ahead of Combat for Morchok?

    My point stands that very few HC raiders went Sub even though it was far superior for Morchok.
    Not sure what your definition of very few is exactly. I'm pretty sure sub had its full 200 ranks on morchok 25hm the first week just like combat did. And again, that fight was stupidly easy. Its almost like being shocked HC raiders weren't using the absolute optimal spec on farm content, thats how much of a hand out morchok was.

  6. #26
    Sub performed extremely well on Baleroc. It had single target going for it before T13.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •