Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else bumbed the hunter legendary is a gun??

I know drawrfs have QQed forever that there is no legendary gun, but now we get one and i an sad. I want a gun/bow option seeing how guns are just annoying in game.

The fact you cannot transmog legendaries to avoid the annoying click click boom spam that will be blasted all that time will get old. Just like the worgen sniffing, frost mage elemental and other things you can just remove the damn noise file.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The fact you cannot transmog legendaries to avoid the annoying click click boom spam that will be blasted all that time will get old. Just like the worgen sniffing, frost mage elemental and other things you can just remove the damn noise file.
    so ima a dwarf and always wanted a gun because of the 1% crit now that its no longer a 1% crit...meh, but their was already a bow legendary...so a gun is alright
    o.O

Pretty sure there are addons that block the gun sounds.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    The gun isn't legendary, no legendary this first time around is a weapon, its a legendary gem you put in a EPIC weapon. So hopefully they will give us the possibility to transmog it since it isn't a weapon of legendary quality.

Erm, what? I think you might be confused. There are no Legendaries yet. Might you be referring to Taoren, the Soul Burner instead? It's just a regular Epic Gun, not Legendary. It has the Sha-Touched socket for the Legendary Gem, but that's about it. It can be transmogged to Bows, Guns, or Crossbows, there's no restriction on that either.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderzz View Post
    so ima a dwarf and always wanted a gun because of the 1% crit now that its no longer a 1% crit...meh, but their was already a bow legendary...so a gun is alright
    Everybody should want and be lucky enough to have a legendary wpn be something they get a racial bonus too. Its great for dwarves and still a legendary for everybody else, slightly less amazing for trolls due to the tiny racial hit but it should still be the best choice. The big downside of guns is the shitty and very loud noise they make, but that can be fixed either with add ons or by yourself. Rumor has it they will let ppl transmog legendaries soon too if that is the case then the sound stops being an issue.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The gun isn't legendary, no legendary this first time around is a weapon, its a legendary gem you put in a EPIC weapon. So hopefully they will give us the possibility to transmog it since it isn't a weapon of legendary quality.
    It's strongly hinted that those weapons will be upgraded into legendaries in future patches. This is probably what the OP is referring to.

I'm fine with the gun; I actually like the gun noises, haha. And as we've already had a bow, we may as well get something different. Crossbow isn't different enough, imo.

I hate guns and xbows. Troll looks ridiculous with everything except bow ;]

Everybody should want and be lucky enough to have a legendary wpn be something they get a racial bonus too. Its great for dwarves and still a legendary for everybody else, slightly less amazing for trolls due to the tiny racial hit but it should still be the best choice. The big downside of guns is the shitty and very loud noise they make, but that can be fixed either with add ons or by yourself. Rumor has it they will let ppl transmog legendaries soon too if that is the case then the sound stops being an issue.

Dwarves get 1% exp with ranged weapons now, it doesn't have to be a gun. Same with Trolls, 1% crit with ranged.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 08:36 AM ----------

The gun is upgraded to be legendary in probably the last tier raid. Thats what were talking about. Personally I think it sucks because guns are noisy and look bad and I dont want to have to manipulate my game files so I dont get a headache while playing.

Hopefully they will change the transmog rules by the time we get it to be able to transmog it to a bow.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2012-10-16 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It's strongly hinted that those weapons will be upgraded into legendaries in future patches. This is probably what the OP is referring to.
    Well, if anything, rumors about legenderies rarely tend to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who plays with sound on, seriously? Too noisy for that junk. I'm pretty stoked for it being a gun.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 08:41 AM ----------

Well, if anything, rumors about legenderies rarely tend to be true.
    That may be true but it's almost guaranteed not to be the case with this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I only accept the gun if i can transmog it into another legendary ranged weapon.

I've had Gun sounds changed into bow sounds since TBC

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    They are talking about the datamined legendary weapon icons and how there is a gun, but no bow.

Deleted
    When will the first legendary's appear then? I mean is it in the final part of the black prince quest or early on?

Deleted
    You're able to put a different skin on a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    When will the first legendary's appear then? I mean is it in the final part of the black prince quest or early on?
    We don't know. We can only wait and see at this stage (though logically speaking, legendaries will be at the very end of the quest chain, and seeing as this seems to be going through the entire expansion...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Probably the last patch of the expansion, if not the second last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    I know drawrfs have QQed forever that there is no legendary gun, but now we get one and i an sad. I want a gun/bow option seeing how guns are just annoying in game.
    It's never good enough. We could also just have the end boss have a 0,1% chance of dropping a legendary that only two classes can use.