Thread: [TV] Arrow

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was afraid Deadshot might actually die this time, but that scene just screamed "he's clearly alive", so it's all good.

10+ Year Old Account
    My one complaint with this weeks episode... nowhere NEAR enough Thea. She looked amazing in that dress and we got about 1 second of her :'(

But yeah... THAT LINK!!

Based on what the lady that recruited Deadshot during the flashback in this weeks episode said I TOTALLY CALLED IT! Next season Oliver in charge of the League, or at least the Star City branch, fighting against HIVE. Has the potential to be pretty epic, although to be fair I thought Oliver Vs Ra's would be pretty epic too
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Has the potential to be pretty epic, although to be fair I thought Oliver Vs Ra's would be pretty epic too
    I really liked the fight and him getting kicked off the mountain, was just a little disappointed at the quick fix (and him only being "mostly dead"). Ollie becoming the next Dread Pirate al Gul has potential, so we'll see!

It's like I've said for some other shows (like the new Community), even a mediocre Arrow/Flash is still better than most other shows out there for me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I really liked the fight and him getting kicked off the mountain, was just a little disappointed at the quick fix (and him only being "mostly dead"). Ollie becoming the next Dread Pirate al Gul has potential, so we'll see!

It's like I've said for some other shows (like the new Community), even a mediocre Arrow/Flash is still better than most other shows out there for me.

Aye, the mid season was AMAZING, it's since then that the show has been a little flat... But yeah true, even bad Arrow/Flash is still good TV .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

episode 17 when he fights the 3 fake archer, is it just me or does he knock out the last archer with a hit to his bow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    episode 17 when he fights the 3 fake archer, is it just me or does he knock out the last archer with a hit to his bow?
    Omg he does , I had to go back and check, but yeah he knocks his bow against the other guys bow and he just... Falls over.

I can't tell if it's just a stunt fluff and they didn't think we'd notice or the stunt co-ordinator is retarded. I'm leaning more towards the first one, because as silly as that last hit is, the rest of the fight is pretty damn good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Omg he does , I had to go back and check, but yeah he knocks his bow against the other guys bow and he just... Falls over.

I can't tell if it's just a stunt fluff and they didn't think we'd notice or the stunt co-ordinator is retarded. I'm leaning more towards the first one, because as silly as that last hit is, the rest of the fight is pretty damn good.
    Whats wrong with using his bow as a weapon? >.>
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Whats wrong with using his bow as a weapon? >.>
    Nothing, the problem is Oliver hits his bow against his enemies bow and then the guy falls over as if Oliver had hit him in the head.

13:06-13:09 for reference. He hits him in what I assume is supposed to be his head with the bow as the last hit, but it obviously hits his bow as well and his reaction is extremely delayed. The same guy he hits takes a knee after he blocks the hit with his bow, but if you look carefully Oliver hits him with his left hand in the... balls? Right before.

Can someone slow-mo .gif the last 5sec or so of that fight scene? :P
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-03-28 at 07:14 PM.

All a part of the League's plan, to lull him into a false sense of security!

So, I'm catching up on this show, and I'm halfway through season 2. As soon as the Mirakuru storyline came up, alarm bells started ringing in my head. It immediately reminded me of Bane hulking out on Venom in the Batman universe, which is of course the same as the Green Arrow universe. I searched a few keywords in this thread to see if it was discussed, but as far as I know, it hasn't. IIRC, the original Venom was based on the Hourman's drug, Miraclo, a super steroid that basically gave Hourman his amazing strength, agility, etc. Sound familiar? Hourman even eventually develops an addiction and other mental issues due to Miraclo.

Then, I got curious if Mirakuru was original to the comics, either Green Arrow or Deathstroke's arcs - which I don't think it is. Then, I did a little digging, and found out the CW supposedly was developing an Hourman series and I thought to myself...what if Mirakuru is being backdoored as the predecessor to Miraclo, and then eventually Venom and Bane and tying in all the Gotham storylines? After all, R'as Al Ghul is probably going to be in this series eventually (still got a season and a half to go before I'm caught up so he may already be involved).

I await your thoughts/responses, and will read them in a couple weeks when I'm fully caught up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, I'm catching up on this show, and I'm halfway through season 2. As soon as the Mirakuru storyline came up, alarm bells started ringing in my head. It immediately reminded me of Bane hulking out on Venom in the Batman universe, which is of course the same as the Green Arrow universe. I searched a few keywords in this thread to see if it was discussed, but as far as I know, it hasn't. IIRC, the original Venom was based on the Hourman's drug, Miraclo, a super steroid that basically gave Hourman his amazing strength, agility, etc. Sound familiar? Hourman even eventually develops an addiction and other mental issues due to Miraclo.

Then, I got curious if Mirakuru was original to the comics, either Green Arrow or Deathstroke's arcs - which I don't think it is. Then, I did a little digging, and found out the CW supposedly was developing an Hourman series and I thought to myself...what if Mirakuru is being backdoored as the predecessor to Miraclo, and then eventually Venom and Bane and tying in all the Gotham storylines? After all, R'as Al Ghul is probably going to be in this series eventually (still got a season and a half to go before I'm caught up so he may already be involved).

I await your thoughts/responses, and will read them in a couple weeks when I'm fully caught up.
    Yeah, Arrow does take many things from Batman actually. There is more stuff that comes up.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

currently batman doesnt exist in the arrowverse, so it doesnt really matter whether or not it has similarities to bane and his storyline since they likely cant use bane.

they couldnt even show harley quinns face or use her name during her cameo.

the only reason we might possible get damian wayne minus the batman connection is because of his ties to ras al ghul and the fact that if there even is a robin its almost assuredly going to be tim drake in the movies.

with the live action teen titans show being on a sister network should they decide to incorporate it into the arrowverse then that may change (unlikely since unlike supergirl it isnt being helmed by the arrowverse people), and should they get permission im sure they would jump at the chance to retrofit batman into the arrowverse since amell constantly talks about how he wants to fight batman but right now we will probably never see anyone who is directly connected to batman like bane.

i think you might have been confused. the arrowverse is not in any way connected to the batman universe or gotham
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

i think you might have been confused. the arrowverse is not in any way connected to the batman universe or gotham
    Haven't we already seen this to be not true in at least these versions of their universes? In The Flash doesn't Wells constantly reference a newspaper from the future, and below the fold there's a story about Queen Consolidated and Wayne Enterprises merging?

Haven't we already seen this to be not true in at least these versions of their universes? In The Flash doesn't Wells constantly reference a newspaper from the future, and below the fold there's a story about Queen Consolidated and Wayne Enterprises merging?
    There my be A version of batman and stuff, but it won't be the same version as the batman (or other DC) movies, nor to the gotham tv universe. So far they can only reference some elements of batman in the most teaser of manner, like Harley's voice or Wayne Enterprises. They also mentioned some elements from Green Lanterns mythos, but no lantern yet.

Take your shirt off more please, Oliver!

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL Marc Guggenheim said in a video that "Arrow will never be the same" after next weeks episode.

Of course even HE admits that he's somewhat prone to hyperbole and has said that about 3 times so far this season... So I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

That said... I'm now like 95% sure that either Roy, Diggle or Captain Lance are going to die in the next episode.

15+ Year Old Account

That said... I'm now like 95% sure that either Roy, Diggle or Captain Lance are going to die in the next episode.
    Oh is it next episode what they were all tweeting about when it sounded like someone was going to be killed off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Oh is it next episode what they were all tweeting about when it sounded like someone was going to be killed off?
    I think so yes. It's episode 18 right? That's the one they were saying is going to be someone's last.

Deleted
    Anyone else feeling this show is becoming very "saturday morning cartoony" I feel like it's lost a lot of substance and starting to become very shallow. I do like the ra's al gul/oliver scenes though. But I cannot stand some of this soppy/felicity/laurel always crying bullshit.

Needs more island.