Thread: [TV] Arrow

Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking that they defuse the machine and it would be a typical happy bullshit ending... bam second machine goes off Awsome.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    There's one thing I've learned from my years in business *last breath* Redundancy *second earthquake machine goes off*

FUCK yeah, man Captain Jack really made this show for me such an awesome badguy, I hope whoever they bring in for season 2 is REALLY good, or he's going to seem godawful in comparison.

Overall I loved this season and can't wait for season 2... any news on that btw
    Don't know when it starts, but it definitely got the green light for a second season.

Anyway, *season finale spoilers*

I thought it was a pretty amazing episode. Really had no idea whether Merlyn would succeed or not right until the end, which is a nice change from how predictable these things usually are (doomsday devices almost never succeed). I was afraid they were going to go the "Spider-man" route and have Tommy become a bad guy after Malcolm's death, but I'm glad they didn't and it was just a red herring.

I also hope Malcolm returns somewhere down the line. Yeah, we saw him collapse with a fairly lifeless face, but you never know, it wasn't shown that he was dead for sure. It'd be a shame if they killed off both Merlyns, and I'd rather have Malcolm return than Tommy.

*end spoilers*

There's one thing I've learned from my years in business *last breath* Redundancy *second earthquake machine goes off*

FUCK yeah, man Captain Jack really made this show for me such an awesome badguy, I hope whoever they bring in for season 2 is REALLY good, or he's going to seem godawful in comparison.

Overall I loved this season and can't wait for season 2... any news on that btw
    I'd be okay with them working Deathstroke into being the next main villain. Yes, Oliver and Slade were friends on the island, but that doesn't mean they have to stay that way. I highly doubt they'll do this, but I'd also love to see Slade with his full range of biological enhancements.

Watched the first 5 episodes of this and thought it was crap. Just seems really dull and predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'd be okay with them working Deathstroke into being the next main villain. Yes, Oliver and Slade were friends on the island, but that doesn't mean they have to stay that way. I highly doubt they'll do this, but I'd also love to see Slade with his full range of biological enhancements.
    I guess that could work, tbh I wasn't the hugest Green Arrow fan before the show(always prefered Hawkeye), so I'm not as down with the lore of this show as I am with others. Maybe Slade gets injured helping Oliver, then comes back, pumped up, vowing revenge?

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Watched the first 5 episodes of this and thought it was crap. Just seems really dull and predictable.
    Give it a while, the "badguy of the week 'You have failed this city'" stuff gets old FAST, but once the main plotline kicks in it gets a ALOT better.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I guess that could work, tbh I wasn't the hugest Green Arrow fan before the show(always prefered Hawkeye), so I'm not as down with the lore of this show as I am with others. Maybe Slade gets injured helping Oliver, then comes back, pumped up, vowing revenge?

Give it a while, the "badguy of the week 'You have failed this city'" stuff gets old FAST, but once the main plotline kicks in it gets a ALOT better.
    In typical DC continuity Deathstroke is a villain and he could have any number of reasons to go after Oliver. Money, revenge, insanity, the thrill, that sort of thing. To say he's a badass is a bit of an understatement.

Yes, that is Slade, owning The Flash and Lobo. Lobo is a freaking Superman villain. Deathstroke is really the kind of character that if built up properly they could do a whole season on just Green Arrow trying to take him down. Him and Darkseid are definitely my two favorite DC villains.

10+ Year Old Account
    In typical DC continuity Deathstroke is a villain and he could have any number of reasons to go after Oliver. Money, revenge, insanity, the thrill, that sort of thing. To say he's a badass is a bit of an understatement.

Yes, that is Slade, owning The Flash and Lobo. Lobo is a freaking Superman villain. Deathstroke is really the kind of character that if built up properly they could do a whole season on just Green Arrow trying to take him down. Him and Darkseid are definitely my two favorite DC villains.
    damn Slade is pretty badass, I KNEW there was a reason I liked him in S1! I now very much hope he comes back in S2 and kicks Oliver's ass around a bit

Maybe put a bit of "Whose side is he on" feel to it, he does what he wants, fighting with or against Oliver as and when his current plan requires it.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I really really enjoyed the season finale. Thought is was a great blend of action and character development. The ending scene with Tommy was very well done in my opinion as well.

looking forward too season 2. im surprised too see what the main problem would be here? also really enjoy felicity, great actor

seems like season 2 starts oct 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    looking forward too season 2. im surprised too see what the main problem would be here? also really enjoy felicity, great actor

seems like season 2 starts oct 2013
    Beside his sister(forgot her name), who's storyline is kinda pointless and boring, I like most actors. No one really annoys me to the point where I wanna skip his/her scenes.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Beside his sister(forgot her name), who's storyline is kinda pointless and boring, I like most actors. No one really annoys me to the point where I wanna skip his/her scenes.
    I agree , such a useless perspective , I couldn't care less about some romance between a billionaire drama queen and some punk.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

I missed the 4th (or 5th) ep, where the detective puts him in jail ... I work when its on prime time and for some reason they didnt show the catchup grrr
    I never read the comic but thr shows definitely good. I dont wanna read the comic as itll probably ruin the show for me. Quite surprised a lot
    of people here don't share the same likeness as I do for this awesome show

Quote Originally Posted by Forfax View Post
    I agree , such a useless perspective , I couldn't care less about some romance between a billionaire drama queen and some punk.
    That "punk" is Speedy, AKA Red Arrow/Arsenal. In the comics he starts off as Green Arrow's side kick, and I expect him to be an extremely important character in season 2. In fact, every episode after Roy Harper was introduced I was expecting Diggle to die so that he'd need a replacement sidekick.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Roy_Harper_%28New_Earth%29

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FatRastafarian View Post
    I missed the 4th (or 5th) ep, where the detective puts him in jail ... I work when its on prime time and for some reason they didnt show the catchup grrr
    I never read the comic but thr shows definitely good. I dont wanna read the comic as itll probably ruin the show for me. Quite surprised a lot
    of people here don't share the same likeness as I do for this awesome show
    I don't think you need to worry about the comics spoiling anything. This continuity is very different from any previous Green Arrow stuff released, so it's fairly likely that I'm wrong about any comic book based speculation.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-06-10 at 11:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finally found this series. On episode 5(ish) and liking it a lot so far. It's pretty well done for a TV adaptation. A few cheesy and predictable moments but otherwise pretty great.

Second seasons starts shortly as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    yup, it's gunna be LEGENDARY.

and tbh the cheese gets less as you go on, I started watching because I thought "myeh, it'll be shit, but the action might be alright" but then after a few ep's it got REALLY good and now I'm hooked

plus Willa Holland is nomnomnom!

Deleted
    Season 2 starts on the 9th, I personally cant wait to see more of the scenes on the island.

First season became better and better. The first few episodes made me think it was some Batman-ish knockoff series. I still like to make of how much like Batman it is, but it's not as bland and generic as it could have been. Looking forward to Season 2.

One of the best season finales ever, really looking forward to S2.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    First season became better and better. The first few episodes made me think it was some Batman-ish knockoff series. I still like to make of how much like Batman it is, but it's not as bland and generic as it could have been. Looking forward to Season 2.
    Well, Green Arrow is a fan of Batman, so it's not too surprising that his show feels like a Batman show.

Also, this season is going to be fucking awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Green Arrow is a fan of Batman, so it's not too surprising that his show feels like a Batman show.

Also, this season is going to be fucking awesome!
    Too bad there's no Batman TV Show... >_<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi