Thread: [TV] Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    On a slightly related note, I'm liking Arrow more than The Flash, it feels like The Flash has the same rinse and repeat every episode of bad guy>bad guy meets flash> bad guy and flash fight and bad guy has upper hand> team figures out way to win> done, whereas it feels like Arrow has a thought out episode and an interesting story behind the single plot. I really dig Arrow.
    The actor who plays Arrow is much better looking too. So that makes it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I kind of like the change tbh. Don't get me wrong, I like having Oliver in it and he is obviously a very good character, but this different approach is interesting and it's not too bad because of knowing Oliver will be back soon. The only thing I'm not liking is Laurel, don't know what it is but the past few episode's scenes which have her in are just.. I don't know, not very good.

On a slightly related note, I'm liking Arrow more than The Flash, it feels like The Flash has the same rinse and repeat every episode of bad guy>bad guy meets flash> bad guy and flash fight and bad guy has upper hand> team figures out way to win> done, whereas it feels like Arrow has a thought out episode and an interesting story behind the single plot. I really dig Arrow.
    Arrow is on its third season and had a similar build in season 1, so Flash will branch out eventually I would assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What were those Russian/Japanese words spoke in the show?
    I'm assuming you mean when Maseo went to leave the hut. In which case she said "Ki o tsukete" which roughly translates as Be careful.

Was a decent episode overall, although Laurel still annoys me, laughed my ass off when she jumped down onto the van and fell over. Her fight scenes later on pissed me off though... When the hell was she holding that baton by the end and hitting people with the handle? I mean I know they're trying to show just how much of a noob she is, so that we can see her grow... But I mean fucking hell her father is a policeman, I'm sure she's seen him use a baton before and knows how to frakkin hold it.

Best scene for me is a tie, if I'm being serious then that opening nightmare sequence was awesome, but I laughed too freaking hard at Felicity and Ray's conversation about the helicopter... Too funny .

As much as I love her, Thea's "We shouldn't be afraid of Ra's, he should be afraid of us" speech was really stupid... Your father has been training you not to be afraid, because he's not afraid of anyone... So when he tell you someone is worthy of fear... PAY ATTENION.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm assuming you mean when Maseo went to leave the hut. In which case she said "Ki o tsukete" which roughly translates as Be careful.

Was a decent episode overall, although Laurel still annoys me, laughed my ass off when she jumped down onto the van and fell over. Her fight scenes later on pissed me off though... When the hell was she holding that baton by the end and hitting people with the handle? I mean I know they're trying to show just how much of a noob she is, so that we can see her grow... But I mean fucking hell her father is a policeman, I'm sure she's seen him use a baton before and knows how to frakkin hold it.

Best scene for me is a tie, if I'm being serious then that opening nightmare sequence was awesome, but I laughed too freaking hard at Felicity and Ray's conversation about the helicopter... Too funny .

As much as I love her, Thea's "We shouldn't be afraid of Ra's, he should be afraid of us" speech was really stupid... Your father has been training you not to be afraid, because he's not afraid of anyone... So when he tell you someone is worthy of fear... PAY ATTENION.
    Can you really blame Thea though? She thinks she's a badass now, and all she has to go on is a name. Maybe if Malcolm told her, "He's a 600+ year old master assassin leader that prides himself on winning one on one duels to the death" she might be a little more afraid. I think he's worried though that if he gives up too much information Thea will start poking around and she might discover one of his dirty secrets.

15+ Year Old Account

My favorite scene was when Roy goes to see Merlyn.

I kinda agree with her though, train her to be fearless but when a badass wants to kill her you run? Kinda hypocritical.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Best scene

Roy and Laurel storm the warehouse where Brick is.
    Some goons attack them and Roy starts kicking ass while Laurel gets thrown around

Roy doing his karate ass moves, camera pans around the shelves, Laurel getting manhandled

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barny View Post
    Best scene

Roy and Laurel storm the warehouse where Brick is.
    Some goons attack them and Roy starts kicking ass while Laurel gets thrown around

Roy doing his karate ass moves, camera pans around the shelves, Laurel getting manhandled
    I need to rewatch it. They need to give Roy/Diggle more air time, they are the only ones kicking ass yet they get no air time? And weak ass Laurel get like almost all of it? Guh.

I don't think the Arrow will return next episode(maybe he comes last minute and save the day).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    To be honest, these days I'm finding myself just sitting through like 35 minutes of boring and then the 5 minutes with Oliver in it because the supporting cast without Oliver is just not worth watching.
    Best part of the entire episode was the little yummy shot of Thea at the end. It just wasn't keeping my attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Although having no Oliver is a bit of a downer, the way he went out was pretty awesome. I was actually expecting him to beat Ra's Al Ghul, but he just beats the hell out of him. Not often you actually see the main hero get such a beating in a dominant way.

But the supporting cast definitely won't keep my interest for too much longer if Oliver takes ages to recover! Hopefully he will be back by next episode!

10+ Year Old Account

I kinda agree with her though, train her to be fearless but when a badass wants to kill her you run? Kinda hypocritical.
    There's Fearless and there's brainless , taking on Ra's is the second one. Although I have to agree a bit with Laurcus, if he REALLY explained why they should be afraid of Ra's she would probably agree to run, the thing is... The show runners don't WANT them to run, because it's more fun having them around (and I'm all for anything which keeps Thea on screen)

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's Fearless and there's brainless , taking on Ra's is the second one. Although I have to agree a bit with Laurcus, if he REALLY explained why they should be afraid of Ra's she would probably agree to run, the thing is... The show runners don't WANT them to run, because it's more fun having them around (and I'm all for anything which keeps Thea on screen)
    But if she does not know what she can do, then she is supposed to be fearless. She does not have that knowledge.

The helicopter chat was my favorite. "Helicopters DO have keys."

I just don't like Thea being in the dark about so many things. She certainly can pull off the fighting moves and is interesting enough to run with the fighting crowd, a lot better than Laurel. If they're not going to tell her stuff, then she should have just run.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    But if she does not know what she can do, then she is supposed to be fearless. She does not have that knowledge.
    Maybe... But she doesn't have Oliver's plot armor, if she goes against Ra's SHE WILL DIE. That's all she needs to know.

There's being fearless, till you find your limits and there's rushing into a situation that will 100% end in your death.

15+ Year Old Account
    Plot armor indeed. Oliver stood no chance against him. In fact I think the only people that could stand a chance against Ra's are Deathstroke (comics) and Batman. The Arrow just doesn't have enough training or experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which makes me wonder how they'll resolve this season... Hope it'll be Oliver, Merlyn, Katana, Thea and Maseo all fighting Ra's at once, not just oliver SUDDENLY in like 2 months gaining enough experience and skill to beat and immortal assassin king.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which makes me wonder how they'll resolve this season... Hope it'll be Oliver, Merlyn, Katana, Thea and Maseo all fighting Ra's at once, not just oliver SUDDENLY in like 2 months gaining enough experience and skill to beat and immortal assassin king.
    Would be awesome with those people except for Thea imo. She's awesome and what not, but I don't feel that she should be part of the fight, Merlyn, Katana and Maseo should though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Would be awesome with those people except for Thea imo. She's awesome and what not, but I don't feel that she should be part of the fight, Merlyn, Katana and Maseo should though!
    I only include her because a) I love her and b) I think it's the arc she's going on this season, she's going to get better and better, a kinda evil mirror of Black Canary, then eventually she'll realise Merlyn is maybe not the best mentor and she'll join team Arrow.

I think it'd be hilarious if Star City was declared off limits for the League of Assassins for some reason.

Resulting in every assassin reject hiding there.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I only include her because a) I love her and b) I think it's the arc she's going on this season, she's going to get better and better, a kinda evil mirror of Black Canary, then eventually she'll realise Merlyn is maybe not the best mentor and she'll join team Arrow.

The way this is going so will be either killed off towards the end or she will leave the show because of ''insert random reason why we can't ever see her again''

10+ Year Old Account
    Merlyn knows who killed his wife :3