Thread: [TV] Arrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    AoS season 1 was just boring, horrible chemistry for most of it. Season 2 really started to turn it around, they basically just ditched Skye's season1 entirely I thought.
    Season 1 was dull until the mid season and Winter Solider tie in, I thought that REALLY saved it, tbh it was the opposite for season 2, which was good till the mid season then, for me at least, lost the plot.

The Pilot was just eh, so I skipped the rest. If it hits Netflix maybe I'll watch it. I gave Gotham a few episodes before just getting bored.
    HUGE mistake, as I said the pilot was awful but it went from strength to strength after that. By midseason only Arrow was better. After midseason I think it took the lead (although due to short season was then SUPER eclipsed by Flash)

No no, not how shit things were, how sexist. They had a young black cop with no comment, didn't they?
    Merge the first 4 episodes into 1, trim out the sexism bullshit, Howling COmmandos were great, that's the Peggy we needed.
    True, Sexist not shit. Either way though it got REAL fuckin old real fucking fast and not even Bridget Regan and her crazy eyes could save it by that point.

Daredevil had the advantage of being able to run a metaplot heavy show, no need for self-contained episodes. You can binge watch them one after another and it shows.
    True and tbh I think this is the future for genre shows such as this, they just work better when you can binge them, IMO. Imagine AoS on Netflix, make it a ~10 episode season and it was just focused on them finding the diviner, the inhumans finding them and then taking out Whitehall with the help of Cal and Jiaying.

I am curious how much Daredevil did for Netflix subs and stuff.
    Wonderful wonderful things . It's beena HUGE draw for them, it's the top stream show or something like that. They posted about it on Facebook the other day but I can't remember the exact thing. Basically it's just KILLING it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Season 1 was dull until the mid season and Winter Solider tie in, I thought that REALLY saved it, tbh it was the opposite for season 2, which was good till the mid season then, for me at least, lost the plot.
    See, I thought Winter Soldiers Hyrda made sense, but that AoS's Hydra was just dumb. Every other guy is Hydra, and to prove loyalty you just go all "Hail Hydra" and you're set. The whole Clairvoyant thing was just awful. But, I've said my piece in the AoS thread, won't bore this thread with it.

True and tbh I think this is the future for genre shows such as this, they just work better when you can binge them, IMO. Imagine AoS on Netflix, make it a ~10 episode season and it was just focused on them finding the diviner, the inhumans finding them and then taking out Whitehall with the help of Cal and Jiaying.
    I'm sure if DC did it, they'd find some way to mess it up though. :-p
    They'd have Robin, but you're not allowed to mention Batman or something. Or, like, one of the OTHER Lanterns, but don't mention Green!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure if DC did it, they'd find some way to mess it up though. :-p
    They'd have Robin, but you're not allowed to mention Batman or something. Or, like, one of the OTHER Lanterns, but don't mention Green!
    I'd be 10000000% fine with a Black Lantern Corps TV show

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand the sexism criticism for Agent Carter... ofc most of the men were sexist back then... especially in those kinds of fields... heck they still are even nowadays... I mean I would've understood it if they remained sexist even after she proved herself, but that wasn't the case was it, everyone and their cat respected the shit out of her by the end...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    everyone and their cat respected the shit out of her by the end...
    Yeah by the end. So after ten episodes of them all being total dicks to her, they finally decided to be nice because she did their job for them and saved everything.

TEN EPISODES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah by the end. So after ten episodes of them all being total dicks to her, they finally decided to be nice because she did their job for them and saved everything.

TEN EPISODES.
    Yes... after she did something for them... I mean it was mostly covert ops, nobody really knew she was badass untill she did badass stuff in front of them... everything before was in secret, only with Jarvis... so ofc things they didn't know about weren't going to influence their opinion of her...

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason everything before was in secret was because they wouldn't let her do anything, or trust her opinion enough to back her up.

Anyway I'm not going to get drawn into this discussion again. I've made my position clear enough, They spent WAY too long on the sexism stuff, and I pray that they'll drop it for next season, at least as a main plot point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason everything before was in secret was because they wouldn't let her do anything, or trust her opinion enough to back her up.

Anyway I'm not going to get drawn into this discussion again. I've made my position clear enough, They spent WAY too long on the sexism stuff, and I pray that they'll drop it for next season, at least as a main plot point.
    I agree with you on the next season though... If they keep it up, even after she saved their asses then I'll be pissed. Although I'd like to see a new guy working there and try to start shit up only to be put in his place by the rest of the guys. Although I'm not sure it would be perceived well by the SJWs coz it'd be men standing up for a woman, those pigs...

TEN EPISODES.
    Boohoo, ten episodes. How many seasons of Mad Men before Joan or Peggy stopped being treated as such....7 and the show ended with them still not getting that much respect. Both shows reflected the times, not the show's fault.

FUCK the pilot man, it was godawful, forget it ever happened. It was so bad that they actually went back and retooled the show, the second episode is basically a new pilot, with some changes to the setup and characters (they got rid of that stupid woman and replaced her with Zed a MUCH better female lead)
    You better be right Gallahadd because at some point tonight I'm probably going to try this episode 2 (if I don't binge on Hannibal season 2) you speak of and I swear to god my vengeance upon you shall be swift, righteous and wrathful.

It's Constantine's terrible northern accent that made it intolerable for me so we will see if anything you've mentioned here can distract me from it.

I'd be 10000000% fine with a Black Lantern Corps TV show
    I'm not up on Corps, but I'd assume it'd be the love-corps, what are they, purple or something?

All drama, alll the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Yes... after she did something for them... I mean it was mostly covert ops, nobody really knew she was badass untill she did badass stuff in front of them... everything before was in secret, only with Jarvis... so ofc things they didn't know about weren't going to influence their opinion of her...
    There is an Agent Carter thread elsewhere where we've had the discussion before, so not a lot of point to rehashing things. Some of us were expecting a kickass agent Carter story (which I hold up the Howling Commando episode as an example of) and instead got a period piece about what dicks her coworkers are.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Boohoo, ten episodes. How many seasons of Mad Men before Joan or Peggy stopped being treated as such....7 and the show ended with them still not getting that much respect. Both shows reflected the times, not the show's fault.
    Why do you think I didn't watch that show? Not even Christina Hendricks made it watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's Constantine's terrible northern accent that made it intolerable for me so we will see if anything you've mentioned here can distract me from it.
    Haha don't worry, the season is a slow starter but it really picks up later on, episode 2 is basically a second pilot and then it just keeps getting better.

My only problem is the WTF cliffhanger it ended on... And then got cancelled.

I'm not up on Corps, but I'd assume it'd be the love-corps, what are they, purple or something?

All drama, alll the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!"
    Only if they're showing it on the CW ... Oh god, imagine Barry, Iris, Oliver and Felicity all joining the Purple Lantern Love Corps...

Aaahh quiet I'll give CW ideas!

Why do you think I didn't watch that show? Not even Christina Hendricks made it watchable.

Haha don't worry, the season is a slow starter but it really picks up later on, episode 2 is basically a second pilot and then it just keeps getting better.

My only problem is the WTF cliffhanger it ended on... And then got cancelled.

Only if they're showing it on the CW ... Oh god, imagine Barry, Iris, Oliver and Felicity all joining the Purple Lantern Love Corps...

Aaahh quiet I'll give CW ideas!
    technically it got cancelled as soon as nbc was like "no, dont make anymore episodes, stop at whatever youve got we dont want anymore"

had it done well it wouldve gotten a full season and probably wouldnt of ended on a cliffhanger
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    had it done well it wouldve gotten a full season and probably wouldnt of ended on a cliffhanger
    Thing is it DID do well, it had higher ratings than AoS AND Arrow, yet it still got dropped...

Thing is it DID do well, it had higher ratings than AoS AND Arrow, yet it still got dropped...
    it was better than arrow overall but not when it came to its demo ratings and constantine was a full million below aos pretty much every episode.

if it were on cw with those ratings it mightve been renewed but cw has no guarantee the fanbase will follow, constantine was also filmed in the us unlike flash and arrow which are filmed in canada so they would either have to spend more money or rebuild/replace all the sets and move it to canada.

when nbc cancelled the show the rights reverted back to warner bros/dc so if nobody buys the show i think we'll probably see him show up in the arrowverse at some point, especially with del toros justice league dark being in development hell
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when nbc cancelled the show the rights reverted back to warner bros/dc so if nobody buys the show i think we'll probably see him show up in the arrowverse at some point, especially with del toros justice league dark being in development hell
    It does seem, ironically, that Constantine is something of a cursed IP. It's a shame because as a character he has SO much potential, especially in the modern "All super heroes must be grim and gritty" mood.

if this happens this will be the first time i willingly watch WRASTLIN @_@

"The CW's Arrow may be stepping off the screen and into the ring to battle a real WWE villain. Hollywood Life reports that "Arrow" star Stephen Amell will wrestle Stardust at this year's SummerSlam in New York. Neither WWE nor Amell himself have confirmed the news as of publication.

The feud between the actor and the wrestler began with a bit of Twitter banter after Amell said he'd be attending "Raw" on May 27, where Stardust took on Neville. Stardust, formerly known as Cody Rhodes, lost the match, but issued a challenge to Amell, calling him out for "pretending" that Arrow was just a TV character and not his real identity. Now, it seems Amell may have accepted.

“The WWE and Stephen are deciding if he should wrestle as himself or Arrow," an insider told Hollywood Life, "in the next few weeks that will be answered but what can be answered now is that he will definitely have a match against WWE Superstar Stardust." Yet the Wrestling Observer sheds some doubt on whether or not Amell will actually perform inside the ring: "Amell was on Raw last Monday and was going to make return appearances. But the story of him wrestling may not be accurate."

A chance to enter the ring would be fulfilling a life-long dream for Amell, a well-documented wrestling buff. He tweeted back in September, "Hey WWE: How do I host Monday Night Raw? I'll wrestle and everything. #AmellGetsRaw" The hashtag has since been getting loads of use, even appearing on signs during matches alongside images of Arrow and quotes from the show. Apparently, Amell isn't the only one who wants to see his superhero alter-ego bounding off the ropes."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...wwe-summerslam

10+ Year Old Account
    he HAS to wrestly as Arrow.

And he has to STOMP Stardust. Possibly with help from Diggle .

I would actually PAY for summer slam if that happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck??????????
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Nope, WWE isn't getting any more money from me.