Thread: [TV] Arrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Variety revealed today that Madison McLaughlin, who played Evelyn Sharp in episode 19 of Season 4, “Canary Cry”, will be returning to the show and take on the mantle of Artemis. Evelyn’s first appearance on the show featured her impersonating Black Canary who had been killed off in the previous episode titled “Eleven-Fifty Nine” as we saw the horrible death of Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy).

You will see her in multiple episodes starting with the 2nd episode of Season 5. Here’s how Variety describes Evelyn’s arc in Arrow Season 5.

“McLaughlin will be reprising her role as Evelyn for multiple episodes beginning in episode 502, and will be taking on a new DC Comics persona:*Having tried to assume the mantle of Black Canary last season, Evelyn now aims to forge her own identity as the masked archer known as Artemis.”

http://heroichollywood.com/arrow-sea...omics-artemis/
    Sweet! Another masked archer. Just what the series needed...

I do hope that the writers eventually learn that they can have Oliver go up against antagonists other than evil archers and that barry doesn't always have to fight evil speedsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Sweet! Another masked archer. Just what the series needed...

I do hope that the writers eventually learn that they can have Oliver go up against antagonists other than evil archers and that barry doesn't always have to fight evil speedsters.
    meryln - green arrows arch nemesis, uses arrows
    deathstroke - swords
    ra's - swords
    dahrk - magic.

and artemis isnt a bad guy. so unless you count cupid thats all of one bad guy archer who is the green arrows arch enemy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    meryln - green arrows arch nemesis, uses arrows
    deathstroke - swords
    ra's - swords
    dahrk - magic.

and artemis isnt a bad guy. so unless you count cupid thats all of one bad guy archer who is the green arrows arch enemy
    I knew right after I posted that someone would point out that not all have been antagonists. Fair enough. It is still far too many archer characters with Oliver, Merlyn, Huntress, Arsenal, Speedy, Cupid, and now Artemis. I feel like I might be forgetting one or two others as well. Flash has not gotten there just yet, but there has already been a few speedsters besides Barry and a handful of characters that could become speedsters down the road since they are based on characters who are speedsters in the comics.

i mean, you're basically complaining that comic books gonna comic book.

did you complain when nightwing, robin, batgirl, and batwoman all showed up in batman tas?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

"In the Season 2 Finale of The Flash this year, titled “The Race of His Life”, Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) made the big decision to go back in time and save his mother from being murdered by Reverse-Flash, but by doing so, altering history with consequences that he will witness in Season 3. This pulls directly from the big DC Comics storyline “Flashpoint” which ended up setting up The New 52.

The big question since the finale has been whether or not this move will somehow affect the other CW shows with Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl (which is moving from CBS for Season 2) and Arrow as they are all in the same television universe. Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, was asked today during a panel at the ongoing Heroes & Villains Fan Fest if Flashpoint (which is officially the Season 3 premiere for The Flash) will affect Arrow in any way whatsoever. His response was just “Sure.” as well as “You bet.” when asked with the follow-up question of if the effect will be majorly.

Now this can mean anything as he may just refer to viewers getting to see the Arrow characters in a different light during the Flashpoint saga or he could be teasing that this will, just like the comic book storyline, affect things in the history of the DC TV Universe continuity. Might we see deceased characters come back? Will certain things have happened differently?

Anything is possible and if Arrow is supposedly being affected by Flashpoint, then it’s safe to assume that Supergirl (that currently exists on a separate Earth from Earth-1 in the Multiverse) and Legends of Tomorrow will feel the effects too. All the CW DC shows are set to go into production for their new respective seasons this month in Vancouver, Canada, with San Diego Comic-Con just around the corner."

http://heroichollywood.com/arrow-ste...ts-flashpoint/

Hopefully next season Black Siren escapes the pipeline and heads to Star City!

"Last season of Arrow, we saw John Diggle (played by David Ramsey) debut with his own disguise as Spartan with a helmet that wasn’t received very well by fans of the show. Early criticism included comparisons to Magneto’s helmet in the X-Men movies. This past weekend, Ramsey was at the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest in New Jersey, attending a couple of Arrow themed panels.

At one of them, Ramsey confirmed that he will – finally – be getting a new disguise, thanks to the people of The Flash.

“Season 5, you will see a Cisco-created new mask for Diggle.”

In episode 15 of The Flash Season 2, titled “King Shark”, Ramsey’s Diggle crossed over to the show and in one scene, he and Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes) spoke about the helmet’s functionality to which Diggle admitted that it could use an improvement. Now we know that it will be debuting early on in Season 5. At last year’s Arrow panel at San Diego Comic-Con, the producers revealed concept art of Diggle in a version of the helmet so there is always the chance that they may do it again as Comic-Con is coming up."

http://heroichollywood.com/arrow-dig...5-cisco-ramon/

"UPDATE: Amell came out with a statement on his official Facebook page today and commenting about his statement at Heroes Fan Fest.

“Actually I sarcastically said “sure”… And then I seriously said, “I have no idea whatsoever”… but let’s go with confirm, I guess.”

We’ll just have to wait and see whether or not Flashpoint will cause changes for the other CW DC shows when they all return in the fall."

http://heroichollywood.com/arrow-ste...ts-flashpoint/

"The CW is double downing when it comes to their fall TV lineup and it heavily focuses on comic book properties. The lineup includes The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl. New details are emerging surrounding the second season of Legends and the 5th season of Arrow. Both shows are looking to expand and introduce critical new characters.

Showrunner Wendy Mericle opened up about how City Hall will become a major player within the plot and how the flashbacks from previous seasons will be important within the large scope of the show.

“City Hall, that institution, is crucial to our series. It’s a very good possibility that we’ll finally find out how he got that Bratva tattoo and how he learned to speak Russian. When Oliver says, ‘No one can know my secret’ and he kills that guy in the pilot, we’re going to get some insight into that.”"

http://heroichollywood.com/details-e...morrow-gotham/

Deleted
    The big question since the finale has been whether or not this move will somehow affect the other CW shows with Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl (which is moving from CBS for Season 2) and Arrow as they are all in the same television universe. Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, was asked today during a panel at the ongoing Heroes & Villains Fan Fest if Flashpoint (which is officially the Season 3 premiere for The Flash) will affect Arrow in any way whatsoever. His response was just “Sure.” as well as “You bet.” when asked with the follow-up question of if the effect will be majorly.
    He also said people dont get sarcasm....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    He also said people dont get sarcasm....
    i already posted the update 1 post above yours

- - - Updated - - -

"John Barrowman now has a deal that makes him a series regular across all of the CW’s DC shows including Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow,

It’s a deal similar to the “groundbreaking contract” Wentworth Miller has that allowed him to star as Captain Cold on The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. TV Line, which reported the news, doesn’t specifically say the new-to-the-CW series Supergirl is included, but it does specify the deal is for all “all of the superhero shows executive-produced by Greg Berlanti” of which Supergirl is absolutely one.

Still, even if he just returns to mess with the Flash or joins the new crew of Legends of Tomorrow, that’s a lot of scenery to chew, even for John Barrowman."

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-dc-cw-uni...nia-1783364385

"And regarding cross-overs, which will be epic this season with all four series now on The CW, we learn two small scoops: Arrow’s Felicity will join The Flash in Season 3’s second episode, and though all of the series will be somewhat affected by Flashpoint, as they’re all in the same universe, “Arrow will be affected the most.”"

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/...flash-season-3

"Oliver Queen is assembling a new “Arrow team” including Artemis, Wild Dog and Mr. Terrific.
    It was also confirmed that Stephen Amell would be appearing in the season two premiere of Legends of Tomorrow.
    Amell also addressed if this would be the last season for the show. “I definitely don’t think this is the last year of the show, but it is the end of a chapter.”
    Emily Bett Rickards talked about where fans find Felicity this season, “Girl’s going to be dealing with a lot of bottled up emotions.”
    The 100th episode of Arrow will be a 3-part crossover this year.
    Diggle will be heavily dealing with the fallout for both the death of his brother and Laurel.
    Amell added that Oliver Queen really doesn’t made the best mayor. “What a garbage mayor he is. And he’s terrible because he’s alone. There’s no team.”
    Episode 5 is when audiences will find out more about Oliver and Felicity’s relationship but it’s clear from the first episode that Oliver still loves Felicity."

http://heroichollywood.com/new-trail...ive-airs-sdcc/

- - - Updated - - -

"During the Fan Favorites panel at San Diego Comic Con, actor David Ramsay, who portrays John Diggle in the Berlanti-verse television shows (Arrow and The Flash) discussed what to expect next. Diggle teased a glimpse at what fans may learn come Arrow season 5 as well as confirming that Flashpoint will have an effect on the Arrowverse and Diggle’s character as a whole.

Ramsay was asked a question by a fan during the Fan Favorites panel, which many others have been speculating about. He was asked if Diggle’s reenlisting affects his relationship when his friends and family when he returns to Star City. Ramsay responded promptly.

Flash: Paradox will have something to do with some of Diggle’s reality. If you follow what’s happened on Flash, he had made changes to the timeline. It will effect Diggle to some degree.

Yes, it effects his family in a very personal way. There’s a lot going on with Diggle this season, and yes it effects his family directly.

Mouse over video for audio

Ramsay was also asked on whether or not Diggle will make appearances on Legends of Tomorrow and/or Supergirl. In response, Ramsay discussed what DC fans should expect in the very near future.

It’s kind of like in this Berlanti-universe, it we are all connected and there is so much intersection. I am looking forward to being on Supergirl. I don’t know if Diggle will be on Supergirl, but I am looking forward to that. I am looking forward to the reaction that Diggle will have when he sees Supergirl."

http://heroichollywood.com/flashpoint-affect-arrow/

"Season five of Arrow has been described as a return to the show’s original roots, focused more on vigilante justice but that might not hold true for existing character relationships on the show.

During a recent interview between the cast of Arrow and TV Line, it was confirmed that this season of Arrow would feature a new love interest for Felicity Smoak. Fans of “Olicity” will not be happy to hear this. Emily Bett Rickards spoke about this new relationship for Felicity.

“It is a true rumor.”

Rickards also indicated that fans wouldn’t have to wait long to see her new love interest would be.

“She steps on him pretty hard off the bat. You’ll meet him quite quickly.”

Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen) brushed off the comment sarcastically saying that Queen would be fine in the meantime.

“I think he’ll be fine, he’ll hug a pillow and do it in private… Or the opposite of that.”"

http://heroichollywood.com/new-seaso...rest-felicity/

During an interview at San Diego Comic-Con Echo Kellum expressed it was only a matter of time before his character will dawn the Mr. Terrific garb. After a warm embrace by fans in the fourth season of Arrow, Echo got the bump to series regular next season.

“I can definitely say you’ll see it this season, 100%. You won’t have to wait too long,”

“It’s something that’s definitely a part of Curtis,” he teased. Right now he’s doing “a lot of working out, hitting the gym, there’s a lot of layers to Curtis. When he’s in the Mr. Terrific persona, he’s definitely different, It’s really cool to dive into that aspect of him, and play him a little different, more confident and sure of himself. Really going for it.”

Kellum continues to discuss his joy in having his character develop last season and as an actor being more comfortable and getting to understand the world of Arrow. Something to point out too is this quote does also seem to suggest that “Mr. Terrific” will in fact be his alter-ego name. Another funny tidbit is that he has already worn a jacket in season four that says “Fairplay” on it.

http://heroichollywood.com/echo-kell...as-mrterrific/

The CW is adding to its DC comics arsenal with another animated show. Freedom Fighters: The Ray is set to debut in 2017. The show will center around Raymond “Ray” Terrill, a reporter who gains light-based powers after being exposed to a “genetic light bomb.” Ray discovers the bomb in his investigation of a secret government project attempting to harness the power of light and weaponize it. Under the name The Ray, Terrill is brought into the fold of a group called Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters.

The Ray will be the first gay super hero lead of any of the CW DC series, and like with Vixen the character is expected to crossover to the live action shows according to CW president Mark Pedowitz.

“That is correct [that the actor is being cast to appear on the show]. Marc Guggenheim did a really good job doing that last time with Vixen and Megalyn. We want that. We want that performer, his voice, to be as part of the live action. That is the intention, to build out these animated shows into the Arrowverse and to be able to introduce them in any of the four shows.”

The show is being executive produced by Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim.

http://heroichollywood.com/cw-adds-n...animated-show/

"Among the major announcements made at this summer’s TCA, Miss Martian will be coming to Supergirl, Dolph Lundgren will be coming to Arrow, and the shows will feature a musical crossover episode. In addition, it was also announced that the shows would be introducing a new gay character into the mix. The shows feature Curtis Holt (Mr. Terrific), Sara Lance, Nyssa Al-Ghul, and David Singh as characters who are already out.

EP Andrew Kriesberg got right to the point with the initial announcement.

“One of the characters will be exploring their sexuality and coming out.”

Greg Berlanti, Executive Producer of all four shows, continued to elaborate on the character and how they plan to feature them. The character is someone significant and coming out will be part of their development throughout the season.

“It is a significant character. We’re not trying to be coy about it…we just really want the audience to enjoy the character development and not be ahead of the storyline.”

EP Sarah Schehcter was also kind enough to give us some hints – more like obvious statements – on who the character could be. Needless to say, we still have no idea after she “narrowed it down”.

“It’s a man or a woman, and it’s on one of the four shows.”

So for now, we can confirm that the character has a gender, and is a character. Who do you think it could be?"

http://heroichollywood.com/cws-dc-te...gay-character/

"When Arrow was first introduced, its use of the secluded island Lian Yu and heavy emphasis on flashbacks caused fans to draw a lot of parallels between this show and ABC powerhouse from a few years ago, Lost. Now, some four seasons later, Arrow is also choosing to employ the same strategy Lost did by using flashfowards in addition to flashbacks to begin after season five. The flashbacks, which started as one of the strongest aspects of the show, slowly became less and less important to the plot during the third and fourth seasons to the point they were largely forgettable.

In an effort to correct what the previous two seasons worth of flashbacks got wrong, flashfowards won’t be the only new tactic used during Arrow‘s sixth season, but in addition to Oliver, multiple characters will have their own flashbacks as well. It has already been confirmed that the upcoming season five will be the final season to focus solely on Oliver’s flashbacks, so in lieu they’re planning on opening up flashbacks to everyone.

IGN spoke to Arrow EP’s Marc Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle all about Arrow‘s flashbacks (and forwards) and how they hope to improve them in future seasons.

Guggenheim was the one to let it spill they might be using flashfowards during the sixth season.

“We still want to make that part of our storytelling, because we do like them. We like when those non-island flashbacks sort of illuminate what’s going on in the present day. That’ll always be a part of the show and a part of the show’s storytelling structure. It just won’t be telling a serialized story. We might even do a flashforward. You never know! I think it would be fun to do it with Oliver. It might be fun to do it with Diggle.”

Will we get a chance to catch a glimpse of Oliver or Diggle in the future? Mericle then went on to say flashfowards are going to be a thing, but where their heads are really at now are flashbacks for multiple characters. She even said she’d like to do flashbacks for villains, which could be a cool way to get a better look at their backstory. It worked very well with Slade Wilson during the first two seasons.

“At least for the immediate future, we haven’t talked about flashing forward as much as we have flashing back from different character perspectives,” Mericle said. “The nice thing is we’ve used the device on the show for five seasons. We have it in our tool kit now. I think we’ll use it whenever it’s appropriate, whenever it feels right. For me, I think it would be really fun to do a villain and see it from a villain’s point of view, because that’s such a shorthand for getting inside the head of the bad guys.”

Guggenheim continued by finally admitting something all fans already knew: the flashbacks need to connect to what is happening during the present day to remain interesting. There is a small sense of gratification in seeing him say it though.

“In the first three years, we always tried to connect the flashbacks with what was happening in the present day. This is my bad: I sort of felt going into Season 4 that that was tying our hands, that oh, we could only tell stories that tied up with the present days. So I told the writers in the beginning of Season 4, let’s free ourselves of that burden, and it didn’t work. People were only interested in the flashbacks if they did connect up with the present day.”

Will Arrow start to fully utilize it’s flashbacks (and potential flashfowards) the way it did in previous seasons?"

http://heroichollywood.com/arrow-to-...uture-seasons/

"Actor Colin Donnell’s character, Tommy Merlyn, was killed during the season finale. Since then, he has returned for a cameo during flashback sequences but has remained deceased. Donnell spoke with TVLine about the possibility of bringing Tommy back, thanks to ‘Flashpoint’.

“I can’t tell you how many people I’ve talked to about the possibility and how it could possibly happen. It’s not out of the realm of possibility.”

Of course nothing has been confirmed, except that it is within possibility. ‘Flashpoint’ does however provide a reasonable opportunity to bring the character back. Tommy was killed with little to no closure, so bringing him back would make sense."

http://heroichollywood.com/flashpoin...back-to-arrow/

"One of the greatest qualities Arrow had going for it during its first couple seasons were the action and fight scenes. Stephen Amell excelled at making the moves look organic and most importantly, real. Many fans complained that the fight scenes in season three and four began loosing their natural look. The fights scenes became larger and began involving characters that were not originally combatants in the first few seasons. Some fans went as far as to say they resembled “choreographed stage plays”.

In an effort to bring Arrow back to its original glory, the fights will apparently be modified. According to an interview with Amell earlier in the year, this season will have a one-shot fight scene that is unmatched in brutality on network TV. I wouldn’t expect Daredevil level brutality, but with Amell making the claim, I can’t help but have hope.

To add more fuel to the fire, Executive Producer Wendy Mericle talked to TVLine about the fight scenes. She made the claim that they are going to be “amazing” and will be inspired by other shows like Game of Thrones. Check out all she had to say, below:

“I can say it looks amazing. We’re now part of this [TV] universe where you have Game of Thrones and the way that they deal with violence and how they do their fights, so it’s our attempt to do something similar. It’s bloody. You’re in it. We’re doing a lot more ‘first person’ – not necessarily point of view – action. Stephen has been a huge proponent of doing that, and it’s going to feel real and in your face.”

In addition, Amell posted an image to Instagram showing off an injury he had received while on the set. The caption reads:

“My face met a foot. Bad ass fight sequence. Totally worth it. Season 5!!”

http://heroichollywood.com/ep-wendy-...cenes-amazing/

So the Green Arrow is dead, long live the Arrow? except the Arrow just brings death

indeed, feels like a step back, they didn't need to go all kill again, just needed better quality writing, and imo, more Green Arrow, less team, season 1 was cool for several reasons

1. Arrow was solo, had a hard edge, but hidden soft side you saw - that cna still be there
    2. Olly was a pretend billionair play boy, that side was also nice.

they could re-create much of that.

- - - Updated - - -

but loving the improved action sequences now, they looked much better, especially in the rescue operation that led to the helicopter scene. Arrow had started looking so fake it wasn't even funny.

but after the likes of previous baddies like Slade and Ra's al Ghul and Dark, this Tobias fellow seemed like a joke - i wonder if they'll set him up to be another Kingpin like character.

They need the mansion back though, and the billionaire lifestyle, in season 1 vein, not in the last season vein

Sadly after thathelicopter scene it goes really cheesy and terribly predictable again - especially seeing the new anti-Arrow.

Oh and Felicities new boyfriend - just a cop, not another billionaire? I liked Palmer for that role, shame they didn't keep him there.

Overall I liked the episode, hopefully the killing stuff is just a "when needed" rather than "you failed this city!" thunk thunk dead thing. The new badguy doesn't do much for me, especially how they introduce him. "We just killed a bunch of drug dealers, now lets see what this new guy has to say rather than shooting them as they enter the room". And I'm pretty sure you can't take over an organization by bribing a couple guys... but whatever, we'll see how it goes.

Felicity's new boyfriend is a stupid plot element for me, it's just going to be relationship drama so the Olicity folks can scream for things to change, but even just looking at the relationship alone it seems doomed to failure as it's just a variation on the Ollie theme to pick a cop. But I guess we really should just accept cringeworthy relationship drama for CW shows.

New Archer is an unknown to me, so whatever. New team seems iffy, the other team arose organically not because Arrow couldn't keep up.

When he was talking to Lance about needing help, I was hoping he'd make him the Deputy Mayor to better integrate the Mayor lifestyle.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Felicity's new boyfriend is a stupid plot element for me, it's just going to be relationship drama so the Olicity folks can scream for things to change, but even just looking at the relationship alone it seems doomed to failure as it's just a variation on the Ollie theme to pick a cop. But I guess we really should just accept cringeworthy relationship drama for CW shows.

I hear it's the last season of Vampire Diary series

I don't like the addition of slo-mo action sequences; I'm hoping they use those sparingly.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the Oliver's past scenes, but the main story line just feels so bad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Omg, did anyone notice the beautiful day time city shot of Star City at 2'33s into this weeks episode - i don't think I can remember a shot like that, was reminiscent of Flash or Supergirl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Overall I liked the episode, hopefully the killing stuff is just a "when needed" rather than "you failed this city!" thunk thunk dead thing. The new badguy doesn't do much for me, especially how they introduce him. "We just killed a bunch of drug dealers, now lets see what this new guy has to say rather than shooting them as they enter the room". And I'm pretty sure you can't take over an organization by bribing a couple guys... but whatever, we'll see how it goes.

New Archer is an unknown to me, so whatever. New team seems iffy, the other team arose organically not because Arrow couldn't keep up.

When he was talking to Lance about needing help, I was hoping he'd make him the Deputy Mayor to better integrate the Mayor lifestyle.
    I didn't think the new team would be permanent, until he revealed his identity, so i guess it's there to stay, it's like Boyz to men, or man rather. And mystery Archer had me /rolleyes ... too similar to Merlin.

- - - Updated - - -

I want Palmer back.

Idk. I felt like return of the squid ward was pretty different from merlyn. He's a lot more unstable plus he's a mummy squid