Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    5,927
    What would you say was the major difficulty to this encounter? Your run here is so smooth, it's hard to actually see where the trouble lies.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  4. #4
    The Patient Ketsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    What would you say was the major difficulty to this encounter? Your run here is so smooth, it's hard to actually see where the trouble lies.
    They made it look so easy, but they are still the only 10man guild to kill it (20 25man guilds tho). I wonder if its about the encounter or fact that Paragon is only "real" 10man HC guild.
    11th best Holy Paladin in the world?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsis View Post
    They made it look so easy, but they are still the only 10man guild to kill it (20 25man guilds tho). I wonder if its about the encounter or fact that Paragon is only "real" 10man HC guild.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter...r-heroic-10man
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsis View Post
    They made it look so easy, but they are still the only 10man guild to kill it (20 25man guilds tho). I wonder if its about the encounter or fact that Paragon is only "real" 10man HC guild.
    Look again.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  7. #7
    That was a really clean kill, impressive.

  8. #8
    The Patient Ketsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    313
    Sorry, when i looked yesterday they were only one. My bad
    11th best Holy Paladin in the world?

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,087
    A resto druid doing 120k dps the first 45 seconds of the fight... yaaa. What was Blizzard thinking?

  10. #10
    It's so depressing to watch this with only 10 people in the raid. It's really missing the epic feeling and sense of achievement.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    It's so depressing to watch this with only 10 people in the raid. It's really missing the epic feeling and sense of achievement.
    lolwut... 3 10man guilds in the ENTIRE WORLD have killed that boss. if that doesnt give you a sense of achievement, you must have extremely high standards.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    lolwut... 3 10man guilds in the ENTIRE WORLD have killed that boss. if that doesnt give you a sense of achievement, you must have extremely high standards.
    The point is, it feels less epic to watch when there are less people. That shouldn't be hard to understand. Someone can solve the most sided rubik's cube in the world, but it doesn't make it any more exciting.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  13. #13
    Gz again on kill and clear of the content for now. It is insane how good you have been both in 25 man eralier and in 10 man now. Everytime i see a old video or one of the new ones, you seem to make it so easy. Everyone just timing things so perfect. No question the best raidgroup/guild ever seen.

  14. #14
    Diivil, maybe you or someone else could answer this question

    At the beginning why does Xets go cat while Sejta spams Wrath with HoTW? You'd think it'd be the other way round since you wouldn't have to switch weapons... or am I missing something obvious?
    Ashr

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire esoterickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    479
    Congrats on your kill, nice video ^^

  16. #16
    That video really puts this quote to shame from someone on their own forums
    Other 10 man guilds are stuck at 2/16 H because it's actually impossible to kill Spiritbinder without exploiting. At least, that's the case on US/Oceanic servers. EU could have gotten a patch that we haven't but it's unlikely.

    It's not impossible because of the gear requirement. It's impossible due to the fact that it's tuned for 25 heroic. The spirits spawn at the same interval used in 25-man which leads to players getting 1 shot <40% and sometimes >50%. I can't see any 10 man guild killing this right now.

    It would be nice to see a video of Paragon doing this encounter legit but I have a feeling we won't
    Even if the interval is the same the HP is quite clearly not otherwise paragon wouldnt be able to keep them down as well as they clearly do in that video

  17. #17
    The Patient Keh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    306
    At the beginning why does Xets go cat while Sejta spams Wrath with HoTW? You'd think it'd be the other way round since you wouldn't have to switch weapons... or am I missing something obvious?
    Not had a chance to look at the vid (in work) but I will guess Xets is Resto so going Cat (probably not using HOTW) is to increase his healing done when he pops out while still maintaining decent dps. HOTW is not as effective when not Cat/Bear MS. Was playing around on normal mode fights with agi pots and weapons and blue hc gear was popping out 550k too 600k crits.. could be totally wrong, will edit tonight if so when I get home and can enjoy this vid..

    [B][SIZE=2]Not for Hire - Outland EU - RECRUITING - Currently 9/14 Heroic SoO - Contact Ingame.
    Casual D3 - Barbarian - Act 4 Inf : Monk - Act 1 Inf // RMAH Profit to date - £32.00 // Retired - 27th July 2012. What a waste of 300+ hours..

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Keh View Post
    Not had a chance to look at the vid (in work) but I will guess Xets is Resto so going Cat (probably not using HOTW) is to increase his healing done when he pops out while still maintaining decent dps. HOTW is not as effective when not Cat/Bear MS. Was playing around on normal mode fights with agi pots and weapons and blue hc gear was popping out 550k too 600k crits.. could be totally wrong, will edit tonight if so when I get home and can enjoy this vid..
    Both of them were doing over 120k dps for the first 45 seconds. I don't think that's possible without HoTW and yes, Xets is Resto.
    Ashr

  19. #19
    Do they change weapons as well? Aka Sejta uses a spellpower weapon and Xets uses an agility weapon.

  20. #20
    I haven't actually played around with HotW much in raids yet, but i'm going to guess that swapping from physical to magic (or vice versa) is a bigger gain. so a resto (int/caster) druid sees more dps from HotW going to an agility based feral dps. and the bear going to caster form. probably something to do with how the agi/int gets converted to the opposite stat. could be wrong though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •