Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post

Skip ahead to near the end you can see that using the crystal no longer tags the mob, doesn't make much sense for it not to, but that's blizzard logic. It's pretty silly that someone would use the crystal while people are flying around the thing clearly waiting to try and tag it though...I would've waited somewhere it passes close by and made sure no one was around.

Also, yes you can sell it, it is lootable by anyone with the tag and is able to be rolled on as well.
    It's quite clear in the video that the nameplate turns grey, meaning he didn't get the tag. You can also see the lightning beam (crystal animation) coming from the other direction. Looks like this person was just one second too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    It's quite clear in the video that the nameplate turns grey, meaning he didn't get the tag. You can also see the lightning beam (crystal animation) coming from the other direction. Looks like this person was just one second too late.
    The lightning animation you refer to (orange) is the Alani's actual attack. The blue lightning is from the crystal.

I suspect that if indeed the crystal does dmg, it applies a debuff, which first removes the shield, then has a a dot component that ticks after a second or so (like mind flay.)

This would probably give a window of time bewteen the debuff going into effect, and the lightning actually doing damage, thereby granting the tag.
    The paladin (more likely the moonkin) was probably spamming judgement/moonfire, which does instant damage.
    Last edited by AvaEve; 2012-10-15 at 06:38 AM.

The crystal is indeed supposed to tag Alani to you, i believe that is the entire point of it taking health out. Dude will probably get his mount. As for selling it you can.

If you look real close at 8:20 you will see that it was druids sunfire that tagged him first not pally. Hopefully person who farmed 10 shards gets the mount

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    The crystal is indeed supposed to tag Alani to you, i believe that is the entire point of it taking health out. Dude will probably get his mount. As for selling it you can.

you would think that but its not true its tagged after you hit her

Quote Originally Posted by Hippodotimus View Post
    you would think that but its not true its tagged after you hit her
    you can sell by inviting someone to your group and master looting to them when it dies
    I see Stupid people!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Ouch, so not only do you need to farm for days/weeks to get the 10 crystals, you also have to get exalted with 2 factions just to ride the thing.
    2 exalted 1 revered,
    and i dont know whats harder tbh serpent exalted or lotus revered :|

Here is how you do it:
    1. Farm the Crystal
    2. Invite buyer to group and set to Master Loot
    3. Use crystal and YOU kill the mob, they can help if they want to.
    4. Open trade with them and expect them to put in the agreed upon amount.
    5. Master Loot the mount to them.
    6. If you fail to kill the mob, then YOU are S.O.L

There are other methods of doing this that change around the specifics, but this is the best way to make sure you don't get shafted.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

why was the dude trying to kill Alani at 3 PM? To be safe from tagging/ganking or whatever, do it around 5-6 AM or something

10+ Year Old Account
    it's blizzard's faut for changing the tag rule with the crystal, people who read the guides assumed it would tag it and it should have remained so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    why was the dude trying to kill Alani at 3 PM? To be safe from tagging/ganking or whatever, do it around 5-6 AM or something
    Yeah because obviously everyone can be online on WoW to kill a dragon at 5 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    you say 5am like he meant you have to do it then, he was suggesting a less busy time, and since this guy had said in his video he had been farming almost non stop, that time is entirely plausible to use

dont take things so literally
    I see Stupid people!

That video is hilarious. Why would you do that in the open when it literally travels to every remote location on the map. Idiot got owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    are you saying that a full grown man or woman can't set an alarm and wake up a few hours early for 10 minutes to kill a dragon away from the prying eyes of jerks? i guess if you work graveyard shift it could be difficult but even then you've got days off....

So melee are gimped to getting this mount?

Crystal is supposed to tag mob, this is bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    are you saying that a full grown man or woman can't set an alarm and wake up a few hours early for 10 minutes to kill a dragon
    This sentence is contradicting itself
    full grown man <> set an alarm and wake up a few hours early for 10 minutes to kill a dragon
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-10-18 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    I feel sorry for the item getting ninjad but seriously the guy is spamming /1 before he's even tagged the mob, it's his own fault.

I have to assume this is a bug since the intent here seemed to be that rare campers couldn't be cut-throated by people just passing through. If it's not a bug, lose the crystals and put her on a rare spawn timer so people can go back to trying to screw each other over at spawn spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I feel sorry for the item getting ninjad but seriously the guy is spamming /1 before he's even tagged the mob, it's his own fault.
    No. It's most definitely not his fault. The crystal was supposed to instantly tag the mob. It didn't, and as such - he wasn't at fault at all.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    Funnily enough there are plenty of people in the vale who know something about tagging that the majority of us dont. I was out dpsing some other players on npcs in the vale but they still stole my tags.

They seemed like they were farmers at it 24/7 but i found it weird how I was doing more than 20% dmg on my first shot yet losing tags. If these guys were around I was very likely to lose tags against them even if they were under geared and doing less damage on mobs compared to me.