Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Speculation thread, new class to WoW

So currently there are 11 classes in World of Warcraft (Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Druid, Monk, Priest, Warlock and Mage)
    of thouse, cloth users are: Mage, Priest and Warlock (3)
    leather users are: Druid, Monk, Rogue (3)
    mail users are: Hunter, Shaman (2)
    plate users are: Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight (3)
    so the most logical would be that the next class to WoW would be a mail user, many people have been speculating about a demon hunter class, could this be a mail user maybe? or what other class do you think should be the next one added to WoW?

Demon hunter sounds great; using mail and also bows as hunters and at the same also dual wielding one handed weapons!
    Now, also hoping they will add a new race that goed along with it; a demon-like race would be great and maybe also starting out neutral.
    I see it as a race who slowly became a lot like what they are hunting.

I have a feeling that if Blizzard gonna add a new class it is going to be either a Runemaster or a Ranger class...

Deleted
    battlemage mail gear and spell casting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spylacopa View Post
    battlemage mail gear and spell casting
    So Elemental/Restoration Shaman doesn't fit mail geared spell caster?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmon View Post
    I have a feeling that if Blizzard gonna add a new class it is going to be either a Runemaster or a Ranger class...
    Doesnt hunter sorta qualify as a ranger?

OT: I'd probably say something along the lines of demon hunter, it would especially fit in well if the next expac is BL themed.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

A bridge to Argus expansion; Tinker class, mail user and have 4 specs; tank, heal, melee dps and ranged dps. Playable races; gnomes, goblins, dwarves, forsakens and ethereal(new neutral race, 2 consortium supporting either the alliance or the horde)
    Last edited by Hyde; 2012-10-12 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go for a runemaster, plate intellect- 2 dps specs and one healing spec.

Deleted
    Why is there so many new threads on this subject :P? there already is a pretty extensive thread about upcoming expansion and everything that it could contain (races + classes etc). Im not a moderator but would be nice if we can keep it all in one thread, would be easier to follow and talk about Here is the thread im talking about :

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...FO-amp-RUMOURS

Deleted
    I want Bard. I'm thinking cloth int/spirit user, with ability to heal or DPS. His instrument would be an "asset" similar to a quiver of a hunter and by default would be determined by race (so e.g. drums for a tauren and a lyre for a blood elf).

My idea for bard's three specs: 1) healing through arcane music, 2) spell DPS, using wands and staves, with many status afflictions and abusing them with offensive arcane music, 3) mobile DPS which keeps zipping into and out of melee range, with some minor healing effects.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back when The Emerald Dream was a longful dream in our minds, the notion of an Archdruid lived strongly. I am very sad that this didn't happen. Considering that the last two classes added have thematically tied into the expansion, I would assume a Demon Hunter would be a natural fit. Another option would be a Sentinel. However, seeing that their abilities would blend warlocks and hunters, it seems like a more logical guess would be something new to the lore like Monks.

For balance purposes, I imagine it would have to be a mail wearing class so that each category has 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    I'm going to go for a runemaster, plate intellect- 2 dps specs and one healing spec.
    too many in plate already, Warrior, DK, Pally. Next one will be a Mail wearing class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking for a Cloth Physical Str Pure DPS class.

Would be very interesting, any concepts to do with these criteria, I'd play.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Demon hunter sounds great; using mail and also bows as hunters and at the same also dual wielding one handed weapons!
    =.
    i hope you arent mixing up demon hunters and hunters. because they're completely different.

i've been seeing this "demonhunters and bows" thing ever since vanilla almost each time someone brings them up as a possible class. They're nothing like hunters, if anything, they're like melee warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i hope you arent mixing up demon hunters and hunters. because they're completely different.

i've been seeing this "demonhunters and bows" thing ever since vanilla almost each time someone brings them up as a possible class. They're nothing like hunters, if anything, they're like melee warlocks.
    yepp, people outa play warcraft 3 to get a good view of what the demonhunter is like

A no pet, non spell casting ranged class could be cool IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    the obvious choices are a mail wearing class that use bows/guns/xbows . . . as thats the least used combo . . .

but that gives us a hunter . . .

unless they try to make a ranger type with no pet . . . no idea what the 3 specs would be tho . . . i'd rather just see a ranger 4th spec for a hunter . . .

Well Mail is Int or Agility so it would have to fall into that.

I'd love to see a melee pet class...maybe like a Demon Hunter, but without the bow...just using fast fast weapons (so quick daggers wouldn't just be for rogues)

Though Int mail needs more diversity for users...only shaman use it and they like to have 2+ classes per type of armor. (they still need to find Int Plate a second home), maybe a healing/dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    A bridge to Argus expansion; Tinker class, mail user and have 4 specs; tank, heal, melee dps and ranged dps. Playable races; gnomes, goblins, dwarves, forsakens and ethereal(new neutral race, 2 consortium supporting either the alliance or the horde)
    my idea is ze best

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    I want Bard. I'm thinking cloth int/spirit user, with ability to heal or DPS. His instrument would be an "asset" similar to a quiver of a hunter and by default would be determined by race (so e.g. drums for a tauren and a lyre for a blood elf).

My idea for bard's three specs: 1) healing through arcane music, 2) spell DPS, using wands and staves, with many status afflictions and abusing them with offensive arcane music, 3) mobile DPS which keeps zipping into and out of melee range, with some minor healing effects.
    BattleMage: Paladin
    Runemaster: Death Knight
    Ranger: Hunter
    Tinker: Shaman
    Bard: Support role which doesn't fit into WoW. COULD be added to rogue fairly easily.
    Archdruid: Druid
    Sentinel: Paladin
    Demon Hunter: Warlock

In essence, threre are a lot of classes which can be added simply by changing the name of a few spells and a few new graphics.

EJL