Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think it would be great to have a demon hunter class, one that is a dodge parry tank in mail, a melee dps and a ranged dps that has floating swords that fight the mob while the caster stands back and controls the blades from a distance.

we could use another healing class but not sure how we could wrap that in the DH model

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    we could use another healing class but not sure how we could wrap that in the DH model
    Same way you do monk healer, melee dps generates a resource is turned into healing.

Yeah but we have that.

maybe summons a bunch of imps or minor demons to funnel their life into other players...something like that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    I want Bard. I'm thinking cloth int/spirit user, with ability to heal or DPS. His instrument would be an "asset" similar to a quiver of a hunter and by default would be determined by race (so e.g. drums for a tauren and a lyre for a blood elf).

My idea for bard's three specs: 1) healing through arcane music, 2) spell DPS, using wands and staves, with many status afflictions and abusing them with offensive arcane music, 3) mobile DPS which keeps zipping into and out of melee range, with some minor healing effects.

Bards in LOTRO were so much fun. It would be a cool class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are some thoughts:

A mail wearer seems most plausible ( 3cloth / 3leater / 2mail / 3plate)
    However, the previous 2 classes did not get a ranged dps specc - I personally would find it very lame if the next class doesnt get one either.
    A ranged weapon class is also an option.
    I dont see another pure dps class being added.
    There are no classes yet with a tank, heal and ranged specc only (with the exception of 4-specced druid).
    There are no intellect bows/guns/crossbows in game, but if 2 specs of a new class would need it; they can easily be added for that class; I mean, there was intellect leather for 2 speccs only aswell before monk came.
    A plate caster is an option. However a melee clothie doesnt seem that of an option as, for example, intellect ranged weapons are easier to add then whole sets of agility/strength cloth.
    There are already 5 classes who need agility as primary stat; but only 3 strength. This would make me think strength has another turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmon View Post
    I have a feeling that if Blizzard gonna add a new class it is going to be either a Runemaster or a Ranger class...
    Eh, I dunno about that. They kind of worked the whole Rune thing into Death Knights (and Runemasters without runes are basically Enhancement Shaman), and Rangers are just Hunters without the pet (although I would personally love a Ranger class).

If I had to guess, I'd say Demon Hunter, which would be a mixture between melee and spell (and maybe ranged) damage, although mail armor doesn't really suit the classic Warcraft Demon Hunter, so it would probably be more like the Diablo Demon Hunter.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-10-12 at 03:09 PM.

Ranger sounds good, as a druid who got agility staffs ganked by hunters I would love to see another class pulling ranged weapons from Hunters. > (I'm just kidding, dont get all up in a huff.)

I'd love to see some weapons spread out and some interesting combinations.

Maybe Int Plate Wearing Battle mages that use ranged weapons converting Agi->Int
    Some melee class that can use/desire fast daggers
    Something to use Int Mail

They could also just add a 4th spec to the classes and save time if they needed to...I'd love to see each class have a tank, healer, and DPS option.
    Mage Tank FTW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think it would be great to have a demon hunter class, one that is a dodge parry tank in mail, a melee dps and a ranged dps that has floating swords that fight the mob while the caster stands back and controls the blades from a distance.
    thats almost exactly what iv had in mind Always nice with different specs allowing you to either be melee dps or ranged

Deleted
    Plate: War, Pal, DK
    Leather: Rogue, Druid, Monk
    Cloth: Mage, Priest, Warlock
    Mail: Hunter, Shaman..?

So in my humble opinion, the next class will be a class that can wear mail, and most likely will be a ranger (since they existed in the Warcraft Universe and should be introduced).

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    blademaster: Light armored (Mail), highly mobile physical DPS class specalizeing in the use of two 1 handed weapons for is primary abilities and 1 two handed weapon for strong finishing moves.

I think this needs to be broken down further

Int/Spirit Cloth (3): Spriest, Holy Priest, Disc Priest

Int Cloth (9 arguably): All priests, all mages, all warlocks

Int Leather(3): Balance Druids, Resto Druids, Mistweaver Monks

Agility Leather (7): Feral Druid, Guardian Druid, All rogues, Windwalker Monk, Brewmaster Monk

Int Mail (2): Elemental Shaman, Resto Shaman

Agility Mail (4): All hunters, Enhancement Shaman

Int Plate (1): Holy Paladin

Strength Plate (8): All Warriors, All DKs, Ret Pally, Prot Pally

I think what's really needed is something else for Int Plate. A class that uses nothing but int plate would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    maybe like a Demon Hunter, but without the bow...just using fast fast weapons
    What bow?10char
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    demon hunters have never used bows O_o have they? atleast none of the ones iv seen :P

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    demon hunters have never used bows O_o have they? atleast none of the ones iv seen :P

Their arsenal includes longbows, grenades, hand-thrown weapons, and even dual-wielded crossbows.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/

10+ Year Old Account
    If any new class will be added, it will have to be a class that has a ranged DPS spec, and that's all I really care about. Unless the Shaman introduction in TBC for the Alliance counts (and even if you would, look at it from the horde's side), there hasn't been a new ranged DPS spec introduced since launch...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    thats diablo.... im talking about warcraft universe here man :/

I'll take a Necromancer class that uses Intellect Plate, or if they go crazy and do 4 specs for everyone, they can make it a DK spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    BattleMage: Paladin
    Runemaster: Death Knight
    Ranger: Hunter
    Tinker: Shaman
    Bard: Support role which doesn't fit into WoW. COULD be added to rogue fairly easily.
    Archdruid: Druid
    Sentinel: Paladin
    Demon Hunter: Warlock

In essence, threre are a lot of classes which can be added simply by changing the name of a few spells and a few new graphics.

EJL
    Who says you have to make a D&D bard? If you read more than just the class name from my post, you'd see it uses the flavor of the class (a wandering musician) without being a "pure support" class. As a healer or spell/mobile DPS, it can very well fit into WoW.

Also, Battlemage is much closer to enhancement shaman than paladin. In fact, I once had a theory that human shamans could be explained as a sort of "battlemage" type of character.