Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    I have to read it better...I just skimmed before
    lol dont worry about it m8. I just ask that any comment u may give about it, you give it in my thread ok =)? cheers and ty for ur interest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    Druids - Melee dps, themed after druids of the fang (a reason for them to finally invest on their lore): you spend most time dpsing in humanoid form but activates snake form at key times to apply powerful poisons.
    Remember! Druids already have a forth specc!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Remember! Druids already have a forth specc!
    thought about that... but unless bear or cat be heavily reworked (for better), they will feel in denial. They felt like having 4 specs already, Blizzard just saved them to double-balance the same skills by splitting feral and guardian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    Druids - Melee dps, themed after druids of the fang (a reason for them to finally invest on their lore): you spend most time dpsing in humanoid form but activates snake form at key times to apply powerful poisons
    Now that I think about it, I would support a fifth spec for druids. And actually, it could be a support spec hehe... I am got strangely attracted to this idea...

Engineer or some sort of caster tanking class like a battle Mage.

Deleted
    These definitely look like the remains of a primitive monk class. I wonder if they can serve a runemaster class..? ~_^

10+ Year Old Account
    idk Bard could be fun if it was a self buff class that makes it better at what is does like it can self buff itself to heal better dps better all i know is i wanna rock while fighting.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Spellbreaker please

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Who says you have to make a D&D bard?

Don't worry, lass.....I'll be able to defeat him with my nifty BardMaster 5000 (it's a stripped-down version of the Bardmaster 9000 of course, but upgradeable)
    Pulls out guitar...starts strumming.
    Aye...he'll soon be dozing off ta this sweet lullaby; ah one, ah two...

If you read more than just the class name from my post, you'd see it uses the flavor of the class (a wandering musician) without being a "pure support" class. As a healer or spell/mobile DPS, it can very well fit into WoW.
    Yes...but other than healing, the need to "play/channel music through an instrument limits (to a degree) what a bard can do in this fashion. More, players of this game have certain expectations from a class...and bards are typically support just as mages are typically DPS. Especially since you are proposing the use of staves as opposed to lutes for spell based DPS....not very bardic at all.

I could see it working, but I don't think it'd work well enough to justify they effort. You could , I suppose, have a sonic based mage equivalent akin to the klaxxi where the user sings instead of channeling an instrument...but its the instrument and playing of that, to me, defines a bard. So, if you wnat that aspect, you are looking at creating an instrument (for a music sub -game?) which Blizzard have done in the past but also creating the opportunities and abilities which require that instrument to be used. That suggests channelled abilities, mainly AoE.

In essence, the Bards stereotypical support role.

Also, Battlemage is much closer to enhancement shaman than paladin. In fact, I once had a theory that human shamans could be explained as a sort of "battlemage" type of character.
    Why not just give humans shamans? They do exist in game. Either way, Battlemages have several pathways open within the game already. They woudl just follow the "Same class with a different name" meme used by certain Tauren druids - aka Sunwalkers.

But if you want a spellwielding, plate wearing melee class.....Paladin are a good match (swap names, switch Holy damage for Arcane) as are DKs (aside from the whole undead thing). Both wield spells, both wear plate, both melee.

EJL

If they introduced a new class in the next expansion, do you think it would 'have' to have all 3 roles covered, with DPS, healing and tanking? Think of the last two classes added, with the Deathknight and Monk. Both have had a tanking spec, and the monk has all 3. With monks having all three roles covered, this has not lead to any substantial queues for dungeons when leveling. Could you imagine if the next 'new' class is released without a tank spec? The massive influx of re-rollers, and massive queues for dungeons while leveling due to a shortage of that particular role.

I have long thought the next class would be a mail wearer, and looking at what archetypes were in Warcraft 3, there is definitely scope for a 'Tinker', Shadow Hunter (voodoo damage and healing class) and Demon Hunter (though they are traditionally night elves only).

I'd also like to see Ogre as the next playable Horde race. I'd race change to an Ogre Warlock in a heartbeat.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?