Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She discriminates them because of their faction, that is racism.
    its bigotry but not racism. only difference between high elves and blood elves is high elves are taller and blood elves have fire for eyes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its bigotry but not racism. only difference between high elves and blood elves is high elves are taller and blood elves have fire for eyes
    Blood elves are biologically and physiologically high elves.[2] Courtesy of their exposure to fel magic (the practice of which spread in a similar fashion to the orcs own exposure to the substance, tainting even those in its proximity who chose not to dabble in it), the eyes of the sin'dorei now produce an emerald glow.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-10-14 at 04:26 AM.

Blood elves are biologically and physiologically high elves.[2] Courtesy of their exposure to fel magic (the practice of which spread in a similar fashion to the orcs own exposure to the substance, tainting even those in its proximity who chose not to dabble in it), the eyes of the sin'dorei now produce an emerald glow.
    i also read somewhere (either in an rpg book or on wowpedia) that the fel taint also made blood elves slightly shorter
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

i also read somewhere (either in an rpg book or on wowpedia) that the fel taint also made blood elves slightly shorter
    The rpg books are non canon this was from wowpedia, blood and high elves are still the same race only divided by political view and the eye glow, which will fade in time.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_elf#cite_note-TWE-1

Ultimately, it is a matter of time before the fel-power induced green glint reverts back to the blood elves' regular high elven eyes. This process, however, may take a fairly long time.

High elves and blood elves are shorter than night elves due to arcane exposure. The fel taint only effected their eyes, but only in color, not in consistancy. RPG books aren't canon unless Blizzard confirms it.

10+ Year Old Account
    She discriminates them because of their faction, that is racism. The horde is basically a super nation with somewhat independent states, and she discriminates every last horde citizen.
    I think you're stretching the concept of racism a little much.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    She discriminates them because of their faction, that is racism.
    Umm no, you might be able to claim it's a form of bigotry but it wouldn't be racism. And she didn't discriminate against them simply because of their faction, she was against them because of actions that had just been committed. Judging people based on their actions isn't bigotry.

In the some of the audio files you clearly hear her talk about how she trusted the sunreavers, that she was proud how horde and alliance worked together, thought they all held themselves above the war. After the events she specifically states that she doesn't think they can be trusted now. This is judgement based on action, not bigotry.
    MMO-Champion too bright for you? Give Dark Champion a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I think you're stretching the concept of racism a little much.
    Is it racism if I say every german citizen is a god damn nazi only because they are german? If so it is exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyroc View Post
    Umm no, you might be able to claim it's a form of bigotry but it wouldn't be racism. And she didn't discriminate against them simply because of their faction, she was against them because of actions that had just been committed. Judging people based on their actions isn't bigotry.

In the some of the audio files you clearly hear her talk about how she trusted the sunreavers, that she was proud how horde and alliance worked together, thought they all held themselves above the war. After the events she specifically states that she doesn't think they can be trusted now. This is judgement based on action, not bigotry.
    She judges them all on the actions of a few.
    "Once horde always horde I see that now" is one of her last sentences, meaning she treats them all the same way from now on.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-10-14 at 04:45 AM.

But to lump them all together is racism. All Sunreavers (blood elves) are guilty because they look the same, whether they had anything to do with the Horde transportation or not.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it's simply a type of bigotry, germans aren't a different race. Racism requires you harbor hostility towards a different race, and usually a belief of their inferiority.

No it's simply a type of bigotry, germans aren't a different race. Racism requires you harbor hostility towards a different race, and usually a belief of their inferiority.
    Fine then it is bigotry both things are almost the same anyway. Doesn't make it any better.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-10-14 at 04:50 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    But to lump them all together is racism. All Sunreavers (blood elves) are guilty because they look the same, whether they had anything to do with the Horde transportation or not.
    It has nothing to do with them looking the same. They were lumped together because they all have at least to a degree the same interests(loyalty to the horde) and it was consistantly members of their faction that was committing these acts, as well as the fact that they are currently the only ones who have a motivation to do such a thing.

Japanese internment camps. Japanese attacked U.S, so all Japanese need to be imprisoned. Racism? Yes. Sunreavers (Blood elves) attacked Dalaran, so all blood elves need to be imprisoned. Racism? Yes.

i just got the idea but i know that according to blizz the spellbreakers stopped training new members after the sunwell incident but what if after being kicked out of dalaran and basically being at war with the kirin tor now the blood elves start training new spellbreakers to make soldiers immune to their magics.

could open up the possibilty for a new class later on. could be another class that uses int plate

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    All racism is bigotry, not all all bigotry is racism. For example you can be a sexist or ageist without being a racist.

All racism is bigotry, not all all bigotry is racism. For example you can be a sexist or ageist without being a racist.
    Her personal bigotry leans very closely to racism that much is certain.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the Sunreavers happen to be blood elves has nothing to do it. There is no evidence she would ever want to imprison all blood elves. Your trying to hard to demonize her.

10+ Year Old Account
    War makes thing so simple. You're either black or white, grey does not exist. That's because, in war, you do not have the luxury to risk your people's safety and take the time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Her personal bigotry leans very closely to racism that much is certain.
    Its comments like that I feel go to far. Just because the group consists of members of one race, does not make her motivations racist, especially when the evidence we have points towards her motivations being that she is unable to trust the group because of their, loyalties to the group that violated the neutrality of the city.

Deleted
    Lots of horde heads are going to roll... that filthstain shall be forever washed off the face of the planet by the forces of Light.

*starts sharpening his sword*

Is it racism if I say every german citizen is a god damn nazi only because they are german? If so it is exactly the same.
    Heh heh. Butthurt much by the fact that your precious Horde as a whole IS evil and brutal?

Comparing Horde to Germany? Maybe you should check your meds. Nazis are dead and buried, germans are peaceful. Whereas even without any demonic influence, the Horde is pretty much like nazis, commies and muslim terrorists put together, with some unfortunate driftwood like the blood elves. Or like the Warsaw Union of the Cold War; although most of the people of the Eastern Block were just unwilling slaves to Soviet tyranny, the Union as a whole served pretty blatantly evil and tyrannical purposes - and as such it should have been stopped by any means necessary, if shit would have gone real. Anyone who had to live under Soviet rule can confirm that if you ask.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2012-10-14 at 05:23 AM.