Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ...
5
45
53
54
55
56
LastLast
  1. #1081
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I've been thinking about that. There's an alliance quest in Krasarang that reeks of foreshadowing (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30445). Basically, there's a sacred spring that transfers life from one person to another, even to the point of killing someone to rez someone. What say Varian sacrifices himself to rez Anduin? We get rid of this "High King Lo'gosh" nonsense, and Anduin gets to be king of Stormwind and play his role in the future Burning Legion expansion. Works for me.
    Assuming this is how the spring works, what would the outcome be if you transferred an immortals life into a mortals?
    MMO-Champion too bright for you? Give Dark Champion a try.

  2. #1082
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    La Défense (France)
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Don't worry, Dalaran will remain where it is in Northrend, and Ally and Horde players alike will continue to use it as a main hub there. Remember : Northrend lives in the past. That Dalaran will still have Rhonin as its leader. At least it should.
    Yes I know that. Blizz dont want to spend ressource on a thing like this and if a "new" dalaran is added in the game, for sure it will be in pandaria or a scenario. Nowhere else.

    I just wanted to pointed out those who are so in love with their faction that they wish stuff to happen in lore and in game just to screw players of the other faction...

    There is a bunch of ridiculous people in this thread. Reactions are so stupid It gave me tears in the eyes...

  3. #1083
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I've been thinking about that. There's an alliance quest in Krasarang that reeks of foreshadowing (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30445). Basically, there's a sacred spring that transfers life from one person to another, even to the point of killing someone to rez someone. What say Varian sacrifices himself to rez Anduin? We get rid of this "High King Lo'gosh" nonsense, and Anduin gets to be king of Stormwind and play his role in the future Burning Legion expansion. Works for me.
    I would really like that. Seeing Anduin as the future if the alliance would be a very optimistic scenario; this would also complete the full circle for Varian's arc of loss, hatred and redemption. Varyan realizing that his son might be the future, not only of the alliance, but even maybe the world, would be an extremely touching sacrifice and a great story.

  4. #1084
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    well, that's what anger, frustration, and whatever else does to people.
    Not to this extent and not from somebody like Tyrande who was the freaking general of the Sentinels for thousands of years.
    Seriously this type of attitude they've given her is something Garrosh or Pre-Wolfheart Varian would do.

    It is a sad day when Night Elves have become a tool to progress the Horde story and as of recently the Human story. This expansion seems set to be the nail in the coffin for Night Elf lore.

  5. #1085
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Not to this extent and not from somebody like Tyrande who was the freaking general of the Sentinels for thousands of years.
    Seriously this type of attitude they've given her is something Garrosh or Pre-Wolfheart Varian would do.

    It is a sad day when Night Elves have become a tool to progress the Horde story and as of recently the Human story. This expansion seems set to be the nail in the coffin for Night Elf lore.
    Or just face the fact the Alliance aint always sunflower and bees aswell and stop linking to the "evil horde"

  6. #1086
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    This expansion seems set to be the nail in the coffin for Night Elf lore.
    Its long overdue.

  7. #1087
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I would really like that. Seeing Anduin as the future if the alliance would be a very optimistic scenario; this would also complete the full circle for Varian's arc of loss, hatred and redemption. Varyan realizing that his son might be the future, not only of the alliance, but even maybe the world, would be an extremely touching sacrifice and a great story.
    Since Aduin dies, he will not stay Alliance, also he is way too neutral for that, as a Horde he was even helping us and questing with us, he will , my guess, become the "Thrall" of the Alliance, he dies, gets revived in the "Two Princes" patch thingy and then neutral mob like Tirion, Thrall and all that.

  8. #1088
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    enough with all the alliance heroes going neutral is all i have to say >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

  9. #1089
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    enough with all the alliance heroes going neutral is all i have to say >.>
    Anduin is the first big one going neutral.
    Tirion and all were always neutral stated ish, yeah okay paladin of the light first of the alliance but went neutral quite soon.
    How did you think we felt with Go'El(thrall), basicly Cairne could be counted as neutral aswell, he was never war hungry and all.

    Don't QQ :P

  10. #1090
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Anduin is the first big one going neutral.
    Ever visited Shattrath?
    Lovely place. There's a mage standing near a giant living chandelier in the middle of it that would have a word with you.

    But he wont.

    Because he's too bloody neutral.
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  11. #1091
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Ever visited Shattrath?
    Lovely place. There's a mage standing near a giant living chandelier in the middle of it that would have a word with you.

    But he wont.

    Because he's too bloody neutral.
    Sigh..... dont take everything so litteral, "big one" was sarcasm, but okay, go with whatever you want to rage about xd

  12. #1092
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Sigh..... dont take everything so litteral, "big one" was sarcasm, but okay, go with whatever you want to rage about xd
    These forums can't handle my rage. I glyphed it to a maximum of 120.

  13. #1093
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Ever visited Shattrath?
    Lovely place. There's a mage standing near a giant living chandelier in the middle of it that would have a word with you.

    But he wont.

    Because he's too bloody neutral.
    Neutral for a reason, its their retirement.

    Most second war veterans of the Alliance survived, Horde? Well lets just say most of ours from that time are dead or went villain.

    Alliance has too many heroes still alive so they go Neutral.

  14. #1094
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Neutral for a reason, its their retirement.

    Most second war veterans of the Alliance survived, Horde? Well lets just say most of ours from that time are dead or went villain.

    Alliance has too many heroes still alive so they go Neutral.
    That too, and lol I see what you did there Chonar

  15. #1095
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Sigh..... dont take everything so litteral, "big one" was sarcasm, but okay, go with whatever you want to rage about xd
    But Anduin's neutrality is big.
    First and in general it comes right off after they admitted they were aware of the players discontent with neutral heroes.
    Secondly and most importantly he's the Prince of Stormwind and essentially heir to not only the Humans, but to the Alliance and this development with him is new so there's no excuse for him to be neutral. As a character he is detrimental to the story due to his family.

    It's a biggie.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 10:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Most second war veterans of the Alliance survived, Horde? Well lets just say most of ours from that time are dead or went villain.

    Alliance has too many heroes still alive so they go Neutral.
    Vs the Horde's third war veterans? There is also the elephant in the room of character development that is Thrall. The third war introduced a lot of Horde characters to the mix to compensate.

    I could sympathise with the opinion if it weren't for the fact they would rather develop an Alliance character into neutrality than develop an Alliance character.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 10:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Tirion and all were always neutral stated ish, yeah okay paladin of the light first of the alliance but went neutral quite soon.
    How did you think we felt with Go'El(thrall), basicly Cairne could be counted as neutral aswell, he was never war hungry and all.
    A lot of people did dislike Thralls direction. Yet unlike other neutral characters he had been the Warchief of the Horde for years, he was a very well accustomed Horde character which is why both sides disliked it more than any other character.

    I must also ask how do you feel now knowing Thrall is no longer neutral given how his development is setup throughout Pandaria?
    Don't count Cairne or Baine as neutral, because they aren't. There is a difference between a character who wants peace to a character who throws away his colours so that both factions can interact with them.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-17 at 09:46 AM.

  16. #1096
    The last datamined files of Varian are enlighting... or confusing.

    We know that in patch 5.1, Varian will build a base in Krasarang Wilds. It is there that he finally meets Anduin ("Anduin, you're safe"). It looks like Tyrande is there too ("Things are rarely what they seems, Tyrande. And my son tells me this is a sacred place."). Logical, since the Night Elves already have a base there. So all that fight where Tyrande is telling Varian to attack quick is not at the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus, but in the Temple of the Red Crane. That's where the bell is, and it seems the Alliance gets it from the Horde who wants to use it to shape flesh like the Mogu did.

    So what happens next? I think the bell is sent to Darnassus. Then Anduin is sent to Jaina. Jaina makes her speech about the "bonne entente" reigning in Dalaran between Alliance and Horde. She then goes to Darnassus (to study the bell?), but rogues attack. She locks the city to prevent them to get away with the bell. Since the bell is gone anyway, she first suspect it was an inside job (it means she doesn't know the thieves were Horde) and that the thieves are in the city. She then finds the portals and sees that they lead to Dalaran. Then she goes berserk against the Sunreavers. She probably learns from one of them where the bell was sent (conjecture here, but it makes sense). No neutrality broken by Jaina, if my theory is true.

    Heroes are then sent to retake the bell from Garrosh. Anduin gets killed. Jaina mourns his death and vows to Varian that the Horde will pay.

  17. #1097
    WoW MOP: Tyrande = (Major Spoilers)



    ---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 07:11 PM ----------

    WoW MOP: Varian Wrynn = (Major Spoilers)


  18. #1098
    do not use portals in Dalaran!

    Insertion

    Use the Sunreaver Portal in Domination Point to secure a teleport to Darnassus.
    Description
    <name>! You'll do perfectly.

    We know where the Alliance have hidden the Divine Bell. We've already inserted an agent into enemy territory, we just need you to help him execute his mission.
    Pack up, <name>. You're headed to Darnassus.

  19. #1099
    Even if Jaina breaks her neutrality, does that really matter? She decides to throw her lot in with the Alliance. Horde pissed off someone in charge of a neutral organization and therefore gets more guns pointed at it.
    Ultraxion yells: I am the beginning of buttonclickers...the button which blots out my wipe mechanic...the click which tolls my doom...
    Ultraxion yells: For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your button, mortals, and click!

  20. #1100
    I am Murloc! Peaky Blinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,687
    From another thread that i posted but this thread seems more livelier so

    OK ive just done the next part of the chain called Rise of the blood elves

    ***obvious spoilers ahead***

    You get a letter saying garrosh wants you to see the progress the belfs in silvermoon regarding a artifact they have found
    you reach lorethamar and you can tell he is getting agitated with garrosh constant demands for progress
    he tells you to meet aeathas sunreaver and rommath
    you meet with them and talk to aeathas who you can tell is really starting to get pissed off about the horde and he tells you how dalaran has been neutral for over 2000 years and he wants it to stay that way while rommath says that its obvious that the kirin tor have gone alliance with jaina in charge
    In the room there is a box and they let you open it
    Inside is a concentrated sha that has a bajillion health and it corrupts aeathas sunreaver who starts screaming how the horde will lead them to ruin
    once you killed the sha lorethmar walks in and sees that garrosh is recklessly using belfs to experiment on what he sees as dangerous powers that kaelthas once used and that garrosh is leading his people the way kael did to ruin
    he then walks off saying that he needs to think about old alliances cause he believes garroshs recklessness and racism is just as bad as the alliance racism that drove his people away from the beginning

    this is obviously gonna segway into the whole dalaran fiasco where jaina declares war on the belfs and the sunreavers and what sends the belfs back into the horde

    sorry for my piss poor grammar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •