Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Wouldn't it technically be different times though. The one in Dustwallow will probably take place after the Northrend campaign. They may even keep Rhonin as the leader of the one in Northrend.
    Rhonin should very much remain the leader of the Dalaran in Northrend, since that Northrend exists prior to the Cataclysm, and quite a bit prior to Theramore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that might happen, consider that Theramore remained standing to all players until you did the Scenarios leading to it's fall. Perhaps they will do something similar here and use the Scenarios as triggers for your character that let's you see things differently. And then of course in a later patch change it for everyone. I could see that happening to fix the "lore holes".
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Kinda stupid that Tyrande is calling Varian her king, but whatever :/.

Also the VA's for both Tyrande and Lor'themar are bad. Real bad.

Everything else is awesome sauce though.

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Wouldn't it technically be different times though. The one in Dustwallow will probably take place after the Northrend campaign. They may even keep Rhonin as the leader of the one in Northrend.
    This is the problem with the cataclysm revamp. Prior to Cataclysm, as you progressed through the story of leveling, you progressed through time. ie; pre-Cataclysm Elwyn forest events happened prior to the opening of the dark portal, which happened prior to northrend, etc. But by going back and 'updating' everything, they've destroyed any semblance of continuity.

I think people are missing the point when he said new players. You have to admit, to a new player, the way timelines are handled can be a bit confusing. We (old players) just understand it cause we have experienced it.

After listening to the spoilers, I have no idea what's going to happen next.

With all the chaos going around, seems like it's time for the *ahem* dwarves to do some cleaning up in Ironforge while the Draenei decide all these people are crazy, get their ship repaired and fly off into space.

Something has to be done about Moira.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post

With all the chaos going around, seems like it's time for the *ahem* dwarves to do some cleaning up in Ironforge while the Draenei decide all these people are crazy, get their ship repaired and fly off into space.

Oh...you just reminded me that my race (Draenei) aren't doing anything. And it made me sad :<

If Anduin does die I want to see some Draenei involvement! He was at the Exodar for quite a while with Velen! I can't imagine they are just going to ignore that within the lore!
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Also:

"the Kirin Tor belongs to the Alliance."

FUCK YEAH!
    This brought me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much joy :')

Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Also the VA's for both Tyrande and Lor'themar are bad. Real bad.
    It's the same voice actor she has had since WC3. We all know how people get when they change voice actors, I am glad at least she is consistent.

Well, this makes me incredibly sad. I'm going to have to think of how this will change my mage which is very loyal to the Kirin Tor but also just so happens to be a Horde race.

As for the person that said Dalaran would go neutral again by the end of MoP, well, I'd hope so, but I doubt it. For one, it'd take a deal of effort to make a /third/ version of Dalaran that is friendly to both again, and for two, /would/ the Sin'dorei want to return to Dalaran? Jaina tried to imprison them all and murdered those that resisted. I doubt they're very fond of her right now, especially considering she already gave the 'Don't worry guys, I wish for hope and peace in the world after Garrosh is gone" speech a few times before this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post

Dwarves and the Draenei need some serious development. You know Alliance faction lore is falling behind when a nobody like the Belf leader is suddenly looking good as Warchief :P Velen will probably cast Ressurectionga-IV on Anduin, or something. (The Draenei is stated in ToW to be very well behind Varian and the Alliance)

I'm realling hating the whole thing about Anduin dying, and i'm saying that as a horde player. I was convinced Anduin would be the key that would create a bridge between alliance and horde. Thrall and Jaina did a great deal in the past, but i felt like Anduin would be the one to bring on the real change.
    And now hearing about him potentially dying,, it rubs me off the wrong way.

I really hope they don't kill him off just like that. I really liked the kid.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    It's the same voice actor she has had since WC3. We all know how people get when they change voice actors, I am glad at least she is consistent.
    Doesn't mean we have to like the fact that she intensified her accent for no reason. Heck even Sylvanas's new voice is better than this, and her new voice actually comes about as a result of a new VA.

I'm figuring Anduin survived, or was found by agents of the Black Prince and healed. 5.2 is basically called the Two Princes, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Oh...you just reminded me that my race (Draenei) aren't doing anything. And it made me sad :<

If Anduin does die I want to see some Draenei involvement! He was at the Exodar for quite a while with Velen! I can't imagine they are just going to ignore that within the lore!
    I think that's one of the current bad points though. With Anduin's new relation with Draenei it really isn't hard to have him go around with an entourage or something as he's become a bridge to them being directly involved in matters now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Doesn't mean we have to like the fact that she intensified her accent for no reason. Heck even Sylvanas's new voice is better than this. And she has a new VA since Warcraft 3.
    Sylvanas's VA was replaced in Wrath, likely because Piera Coppola wasn't willing to record all the lines used in Icecrown Citadel and Cataclysm for the price Blizzard offered.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    I'm figuring Anduin survived, or was found by agents of the Black Prince and healed. 5.2 is basically called the Two Princes, after all.
    I honestly hope you're right on that one. Would make me so happy you can't even imagine.
    but then again, two princes can mean any kind of prince. Maybe there's a "prince" like a pandaren or smth that is the reincarnation of the pandaren emperor, or something completely different. I'll hold my joy until i actually see him alive "again"
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

I must say the continuity of this game is all over the place

and it will get worse with the removal of garrosh cause most of the cata quests do involve him

blizz are really tying themselves in knots here

must be so confusing for a new player

I bet you that Vol'Jin saves Anduin from Garrosh and they go off to hide some ware in Pandaria and meats up with the black prince (insert the new wow book about Vol'jin), hence the name of the achievement that is coming in 5.1. also, Death to the Mad Warchief Garrosh Hellscream! Autumn Blossom Tree for Warchief!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    I honestly hope you're right on that one. Would make me so happy you can't even imagine.
    but then again, two princes can mean any kind of prince. Maybe there's a "prince" like a pandaren or smth that is the reincarnation of the pandaren emperor, or something completely different. I'll hold my joy until i actually see him alive "again"
    All that sounds unnecessarily complicated versus just tying up the Vale plot arc Anduin was involved in, by having the waters he spent 5.0 seeking rejuvenate him. Matter of fact, calling it now: 5.1 after Anduin's death is gonna include a questline about Wrathion sending you to resurrect Anduin by getting those waters and bringing them to Anduin's corpse to revive him.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!