Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharfox View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the wars were awful. Many lives were lost, and there is nothing that makes up for the atrocity of dropping nuclear bombs. I'm not saying it was a good thing for the countries. I was just point out that winning a war isn't always a lot more beneficial than losing a war.
    Well the US didnt really do that because they were super kind hearted.
    They were just beefing up those nations in prep for a possible war against the Soviet Union.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    woah i just realized tyrande called varian high king.

looks like the night elves are the first race to name varian their king in 5.1 in the trials of the high king questline
    Well it's not like there were any orcs for them to be cannon fodder against, so I guess in their spare time they submit their ten-thousand-year-old government to human rule, so they have something to do in between being ineffectual.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    The idea of the horde and the alliance having factions change sides sounds pretty unbelievable doesnt it...

But how this as an alternative. Blizzards been opening up the game and evening the sides so much lately that what i do see as a possible alternative for maybe the next Expansion would be to completely remove the barriers that define horde and alliance. Lets say the burning legion invades...both sides are going to have to work together to survive. I can totally see blizzard making it a selling point of the expansion that guilds can now have members from ANY faction, and the language barrier gets removed. The implementation of scenarios and the brawler arenas seem to be taking the pvp to more formalized settings. If both Wyrm and Garrosh are killed during this expansions storyline, then the 'alliance' and the 'horde' titles could simply vanish into losely tied factions with individual reasons to either hate or not hate the other side.

If it was a demon invasion, they might have bigger things to deal with then old hatreds, but the idea of unformalizing the war between horde and alliance and turn it into more of anyone against anyone could have some pretty interesting quest and lore repercussions.

As it is, if it was up to Garrosh, he probably would prefer the orcs stand mostly without the rest of the horde, same with the blood elves.
    I don't see the Horde or Alliance ever dissolving or merging like that, nor do i expect to see a third faction outside of a future RTS game or MAYBE WoW 2.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Oh I know what Germany lost during their world wars, but the blood elves were barely involved at all and it was still possible to solve this dilemma through diplomacy now that is pretty much impossible.
    i dont think most of the Alliance will really care to distinguish the Horde races "level of involvment"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like things are heating up, i just may have download the ptr and check it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know what Germany lost during their world wars, but the blood elves were barely involved at all and it was still possible to solve this dilemma through diplomacy now that is pretty much impossible.
    Lor'themar could always play the diplomacy card for as long as Sylvanas is between him and the Alliance, in that he could propose a hammer-and-anvil pincer attack with the Alliance as the hammer and Quel'Thalas as the anvil. From what it sounds like, he might seriously consider proposing a coalition to take Garrosh down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    i dont think most of the Alliance will really care to distinguish the Horde races "level of involvment"
    It worked for Baine before Theramore was sacked, so it was possible, now they have to force them to the negotiation table

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Lor'themar could always play the diplomacy card for as long as Sylvanas is between him and the Alliance, in that he could propose a hammer-and-anvil pincer attack with the Alliance as the hammer and Quel'Thalas as the anvil. From what it sounds like, he might seriously consider proposing a coalition to take Garrosh down.
    I wonder after the whole mess is over how he will deal with jaina in order to get his imprisoned people back, as far as it seems his patience with humans finally reached its limit as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I don't see the Horde or Alliance ever dissolving or merging like that, nor do i expect to see a third faction outside of a future RTS game or MAYBE WoW 2.
    I could see the factions getting reorganized into a matter of ideals (do you prefer order and tradition? Go Alliance. Do you prefer freedom and glory? Go Horde.), and long-term coalitions between the two with PvP explained as war games, border skirmishes, and holdouts on both sides who want to light the war back up, but I don't think the factions will ever become the same thing (think how Britain and France are currently allied when they once fought a hundred-year war against one another, but retain their cultural identities).

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 04:57 PM ----------

I wonder after the whole mess is over how he will deal with jaina in order to get his imprisoned people back, as far as it seems his patience with humans finally reached its limit as well.
    He's a born politician. Give-and-take is how you speak diplomacy and it's a language he's very fluent in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    The interesting thing is that the city the Horde tried to infiltrate was Darnassus. Please let Tyrande go whoop ass now!
    Garrosh has made it clear he intends to claim all of Kalimdor for the Horde. This is why he obliterated Theramore to cut off the Alliance base & shipping route, and also to isolate the Night Elves. Making a move to take Darnassus is the next logical step in this plan, since the Night Elves are the major threat in northwest Kalimdor (the Draenei really don't have a presence).

Give us back our blood elves and have the tauren and trolls leave so the alliance can purge azoroth of the scum horde left before the legion comes and the horde re-joins like the warmongering people they are.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It worked for Baine before Theramore was sacked, so it was possible, now they have to force them to the negotiation table[l.
    Well Baine was able to get in the good graces with Jaina, even then, still had Alliance armies rampaging across the Barrens and threatning Mulgore.

But, I was more mentioning the common Joe Alliance person.
    To them its probably any Horde is just that, Horde.

Deleted
    I really doubt they will ally themselves with the Legion, they could refresh their alliance with either the forsaken or maybe the Naga, we will see in time.
    Perhaps the "old alliance" referred to is the one with Illidan? Seeing as his return is being heavily hinted now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Garrosh has made it clear he intends to claim all of Kalimdor for the Horde. This is why he obliterated Theramore to cut off the Alliance base & shipping route, and also to isolate the Night Elves. Making a move to take Darnassus is the next logical step in this plan, since the Night Elves are the major threat in northwest Kalimdor (the Draenei really don't have a presence).
    That was his Original goal as stated in Tides of war, but after the Alliance fleet retaliated he decides to conquer the entire planet, purging all who would dare to oppose him.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Perhaps the "old alliance" referred to is the one with Illidan? Seeing as his return is being heavily hinted now.
    I doubt it might even be something we didn't know about yet, heck it might even imply they will seek the help of the Naaru. Which is more likely due to their combined effort in order to beat back the legion and dethroning Kael.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-10-12 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was his Original goal as stated in Tides of war, but after the Alliance fleet retaliated he decides to conquer the entire planet, purging all who would dare to oppose him.
    He's been after the whole planet since Wolfheart; it seems he re-restrained his goals to Kalimdor after getting his ass handed to him by the worgen and Varian, but yeah, after Tides he went back to global conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still found the idea of a 10 thousand year old leader obey an only 40year old human, if she got married in her early life, Varian would been in age of her grandgrandgrandgrand(to the power of 999999)child.....
    My grandma doesn't listen to me and she was only 50year older than me, not 10000year
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    A bit too much of a tinfoil hat theory. Not to mention how a lot of the Night Elf fans would go spare if he was involved with Blood Elves rather than Night Elves.
    It can't be Naga because of their recent militarisation during Cata, not to mention other members of the Horde would outright condemn such an alliance.

At least to me that just leave the Alliance and/or High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh... only took Trassk 7 pages to ruin this thread as well.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'themar Theron!! YES! YES!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    A bit too much of a tinfoil hat theory. Not to mention how a lot of the Night Elf fans would go spare if he was involved with Blood Elves rather than Night Elves.
    It can't be Naga because of their recent militarisation during Cata, not to mention other members of the Horde would outright condemn such an alliance.

At least to me that just leave the Alliance and/or High Elves.
    But it would make more sense for him to side with the blood elves, he hates his people except for Tyrande and maybe recently his brother.

I WANT TO DRINK BLOOD OF HORDES AND BADDAS TRYANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

srsly that was about time, the trynd who was the most active character in all of warcraft was so like nothing in last expansions, but now, she is gonna be a real force again.