Poll: Which one is better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The Dark Age of 1990s comics, now largely regarded as a joke in regards to storytelling and characterization, disagrees that a story made up of nothing but darkness makes for engaging storytelling. Eventually you stop caring because you know the heroes are doomed, the good guys will fail, or there are no good guys and it's just a matter of rooting for the least of multiple evils.
    And what warcraft shows us is interesting? We know that mortal races of Azeroth will win. We also know that any character that is being developed gets plot armor the size of Macragge. Guys that follow their personal agenda at the cost of innocents? Guess what happens to them.

Also, I was responding to "Can there be dark without light?". Yes, dark can definitely exist without light.

Darkness is, by definition, an absence of light.

Deleted
    Your options are rather misleading, seeing as MoP appears to be quite "dark" and is is certainly looking like it's getting a nice junk of emo'ness incoming.

That said, it has been a nice turn of pace to not "OMG it's the end of the world.....again"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And what warcraft shows us is interesting? We know that mortal races of Azeroth will win. We also know that any character that is being developed gets plot armor the size of Macragge. Guys that follow their personal agenda at the cost of innocents? Guess what happens to them.
    It's in the journey. I'm personally hoping that both factions get shitkicked in 6.0 by the Legion after spending an entire expansion's timeline killing each other. While, yes, the good guys win, the hero gets the girl, and the cities rejoice, if the heroes have to work for it it makes that final victory all the sweeter, and the way things are shaping up, there's a lot of work to be done to get that happy ending.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

It's in the journey. I'm personally hoping that both factions get shitkicked in 6.0 by the Legion after spending an entire expansion's timeline killing each other. While, yes, the good guys win, the hero gets the girl, and the cities rejoice, if the heroes have to work for it it makes that final victory all the sweeter, and the way things are shaping up, there's a lot of work to be done to get that happy ending.
    I guess we have different ways of thinking. I care about grand scheme of things while you care about worthless individuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I guess we have different ways of thinking. I care about grand scheme of things while you care about worthless individuals.
    I appreciate that both are vital to a story. If the overarching plot is stellar, but relies on an unlikable cast, it becomes difficult to care about the plot because you can't connect with the characters. On the flip side, well-written characters in a bad plot makes it difficult to care about the plot and instead puts your focus overmuch on the characters themselves, causing you to lose sight of why they're doing what they're doing.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Abstaining from voting because you make it sound like bringing a race war to a foreign land's soils for the purpose of stripmining the place and pressuring the locals to join your side, while your emotions manifest in creatures that lay waste to the countryside, and where the two factions erupt in global war that puts them on the brink of mutually-assured destruction, potentially leaving them in a good situation to get kicked around by the next Legion invasion, isn't a dark story.

You don't need an end-of-the-world threat to make a strikingly dark story; Jeph Loeb did it perfectly with Batman: The Long Halloween.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    Which one do you people like more? A dark theme like in TBC was demons and Wotlk undead or MoP "slow down" theme?
    I don't know how to tell you this but having demons and undeads doesn't make something darker and lack of them doesn't make something light.