Thread: GW2 demo?

  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire valiorik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    446

    GW2 demo?

    Hello folks,

    is out where anything like demo or starter edition? Recently saw advertisement of this game and it looks promising. Would like to give it a try, but not really want to buy a cat in the bag.

    Alternatively if someone has unused account with any game time left I don't mind giving it a go. And if I will like it I'll buy it from you.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

  2. #2
    Pit Lord IRunSoFarAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,314
    I would suspect that if you go to www.guildwars2.com you could find out, it's only been out about a month and a half though.

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post

    Alternatively if someone has unused account with any game time left I don't mind giving it a go. And if I will like it I'll buy it from you.
    FYI There is no such thing as unused time since there is no sub. With that said you might be able to buy someones account but this could be grey area or against the TOS but I'm sure I read somewhere Anet was ok with it as long as everything is surendered including secret phrase but not absolutely sure.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire valiorik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    FYI There is no such thing as unused time since there is no sub. With that said you might be able to buy someones account but this could be grey area or against the TOS but I'm sure I read somewhere Anet was ok with it as long as everything is surendered including secret phrase but not absolutely sure.
    They can't forbidden anyone to sell the game. It is against laws. At least in EU. I am buying and selling 1 - 5 games, 5 - 10 books and a dozen of movies every month on eBay or local used content shops.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    Hello folks,

    is out where anything like demo or starter edition? Recently saw advertisement of this game and it looks promising. Would like to give it a try, but not really want to buy a cat in the bag.

    Alternatively if someone has unused account with any game time left I don't mind giving it a go. And if I will like it I'll buy it from you.
    There is no sub in GW2 once you buy it you can play for life. If you want to play just pay the 60$ and if you dont like it get a refund.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    They can't forbidden anyone to sell the game. It is against laws. At least in EU. I am buying and selling 1 - 5 games, 5 - 10 books and a dozen of movies every month on eBay or local used content shops.
    The supreme european court did speak out recently that software isnt licensed but actually owned by the buyer, even digitally, and should legally be allowed to resell. But this is technically still a grey area because this ruling doesnt stroke with the reality of digital game distributions.
    Neither is this ruling actually addopted in all the EU nations.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,897
    European court >/< American court.

  8. #8
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    7,113
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    European court >/< American court.
    Regardless of where it's based at as the main area of operations, they must obey by the laws of the country in question.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •