Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Did you look at the news article, or did you just jump right in without bothering to know what you were talking about?
    I don't think he actually watched the video.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Really. Wow.
    Doesn't humanity just depress you sometimes?

Fake story.

6/10

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-10-12 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    It sucks she killed herself really bad, and it sucks people do stuff like that but... at her age, if she was so sheltered that a guy sending pictures of her flashing people caused her to spiral down to doing drugs, drinking and depression bad enough to kill herself, then I don't really know what to say.
    What do you mean, at her age? She was 12.

Slozon probably feels contempt for his father who left him when he was a child by killing himself. He probably sees it as the cowards way out and lacks empathy to those that kill themselves for whatever reason because he likely hasn't moved on from his own tragedy. Get help slozon. Like I said you are emotionally abstract and lack empathy on something most people would feel moved by. It's understandable.

Those talking of "Natural Selection", do you not realize the fact that Evolution has failed? Natural Selection no longer applies to humanity.
    Watch Idiocracy, in many ways it is true.

Humans are a cancer on this earth, as Mr.Smith said.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I mean that's not what happened. Soeone else blackmailed her and distributed her photos, you literally made that up all in your head. You're taking a very distorted view of what actually happened to justify your victim blaming. You are disgusting.
    First, I didn't make that up, it's not in my head. Watch the video again, you know.. the video by her, lol.

She showed her boobs on the Internet. FACT
    She admitted to going over to some guys house and having sex with him. FACT
    She killed herself. FACT

I'm not the one judging other people, you are (judging me as "disgusting").

God forbid we have any sympathy for a child being pushed into suicide.
    I don't have sympathy for people that can't deal with the consequences. This is especially true when your actions are major contributors to items that might cause people to pick on you (ie. sleeping with a guy who has a GF, etc). Guess what, if you sleep with somebody that has a GF/BF, the other half probably won't like you and might do some mean things to you.

Second, I don't have sympathy for people that make irrational decisions. If you overreact and kill yourself because you're upset, that's entirely on you. Many people all over the world have it a lot worse off than having some topless pics of them online, or having mean phrases yelled at them. Are they all being "pushed to suicide" too? Why isn't the third world seeing 25% of their population kill themselves annually?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Did you look at the news article, or did you just jump right in without bothering to know what you were talking about?
    I don't trust the news articles on the internet
    I saw the very similar video years ago. It was black and white like this one and there was a girl with cards telling her sad story.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Those talking of "Natural Selection", do you not realize the fact that Evolution has failed? Natural Selection no longer applies to humanity.
    Watch Idiocracy, in many ways it is true.
    You are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    First, I didn't make that up, it's not in my head. Watch the video again, you know.. the video by her, lol.

She killed herself. FACT

I don't have sympathy for people that can't deal with the consequences. This is especially true when your actions are major contributors to items that might cause people to pick on you (ie. sleeping with a guy who has a GF, etc). Guess what, if you sleep with somebody that has a GF/BF, the other half probably won't like you and might do some mean things to you.

Second, I don't have sympathy for people that make irrational decisions. If you overreact and kill yourself because you're upset, that's entirely on you. Many people all over the world have it a lot worse off than having some topless pics of them online, or having mean phrases yelled at them. Are they all being "pushed to suicide" too? Why isn't the third world seeing 25% of their population kill themselves annually?
    What sort of shell of a human being are you? Can you not fathom the emotional trauma and depression that she was feeling? Your complete and utter lack of empathy is disgusting...

She showed her boobs on the Internet.
    She showed it to a person privately. It was not for private consumption. You tried to twist it into saying she posted it on the internet when it is obviously and clearly functionally different. Again, your clear agenda of victim blaming by manipulating the truth is apparent.

She admitted to going over to some guys house and having sex with him.
    And she didn't kill herself because of that, so your incessant dwelling on that particular incident while ignoring all the key points that actually happened exposes your agenda.

She killed herself.
    And again, god forbid we have sympathy for suicide victims. I know you don't.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-10-12 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    That is so so sad you believe that.
    It's so sad that you're unwilling to believe the truth. Every human is driven by the need to be superior to be measurably superior to others in some way. When they can't accomplish that through personal successes, they resort to dragging everyone else down to make themselves feel superior in some way.

Bullying is just one of the more direct ways of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    What a convenient excuse for dismissing anything you don't like to see.

I saw the very similar video years ago. It was black and white like this one and there was a girl with cards telling her sad story.
    Yeah because that is such a rare video technique it must have only been invented by that one girl.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have sympathy for people that make irrational decisions. If you overreact and kill yourself because you're upset, that's entirely on you. Many people all over the world have it a lot worse off than having some topless pics of them online, or having mean phrases yelled at them. Are they all being "pushed to suicide" too? Why isn't the third world seeing 25% of their population kill themselves annually?
    Context is everything. The life that you are born into is the life that you know. Comparing the challenges that a hypothetical middle-class teenager in North America faces with the challenges that a hypothetical poverty-stricken teenager in a third world region faces is apples and oranges, because neither individual has the experience and therefore the awareness to draw comparisons with each other. If a child in the third world endures horrific conditions and faces life/death situations every day, that doesn't mean that the challenges faced by a child in this country are any less real or traumatic to them.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

And you're using that thing wrong.
    Not exactly.
    She wasn't mentally strong and died as a result of it.

PS: Stop stalking my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post
    http://www.queerty.com/bullied-7-yea...home-20120525/

It's happened many times.

And you're saying I look stupid.

Hypocrites everywhere.
    Your link does not support your position. That brief article discusses a prolonged bullying, not a singular instance that you claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

You are wrong.
    Explain.

How has Natural Selection not failed Humanity? The stupid breed and overpopulate.

There's always someone in a worse situation. It's a pretty fucking terrible excuse for dismissing any tragedy.

I will be honest. In my opinion she was kinda weak, yes i have consciousness of her being 12 but why did she take the photo of her boobs? Just look at her photos, it's the typical girl born after the 2000's, photos showing the middle finger, with lots of make up and showing her body. It's all fun and YOLO while doing those things but when the consequences come, they get depressed and can't live anymore. Then she does even worse, sleeps with a guy with a girlfriend, ok i can understand she was kinda lonely and he take advantage of her but she did it anyway.

My point being, she had the "guts" for the picture and have sex at 12 with a guy with girlfriend but not the courage to face all the consequences? Oh and i forgot the drugs and alcohol part... Well, it's kinda her parents fault. But i had problems too and my parents couldn't help me much and understand it but i didn't start to do drugs or drink alcohol. I failed some years at school but i listened to music and fought everyday for my life. I still do it now at age 20.

People can flame me but i am just being honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Not exactly.
    She wasn't mentally strong and died as a result of it.

PS: Stop stalking my posts.
    Than stop being wrong. Survival of the fittest is horribly misapplied in this situation, except for as an erroneous attempt to somehow vindicate her attackers.

I saw the very similar video years ago. It was black and white like this one and there was a girl with cards telling her sad story.[COLOR="red"]
    You realize how very flimsy this argument is, right?

She killed herself. FACT

No, your cutting out every bit of the story except those that make her look bad in order to justify the attacks on her does make you pretty disgusting. If I cut enough, I could easily make Hitler look like a good guy. He reinvigorated the German economy, ended the tensions left behind after world war 1, and helped the US become a world superpower.

So should we start punishing children now, as they're obviously in full possession of their mental capacities and have the emotional maturity of adults?

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Not exactly.
    Yes exactly, you're using it wrong. Natural selection works on the SPECIES level, not the individual within that species. Part of what made this species pass the muster of natural selection is our ability to empathise with our fellow humans and take care of our weak. Everyone being "mentally strong" internet tough guys would probably have wiped us out a logn time ago.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a convenient excuse for dismissing anything you don't like to see.
    "news on the internet" is hardly anything. Nice strawman though.

Yeah because that is such a rare video technique it must have only been invented by that one girl.
    If only it was just a technique. To many things are similar. The girl, the story, the technique, the cards with handwriting.
    I didn't say she invented it. Nice strawman number 2, though.